Air Filter Cleaning
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki
NOTE: This topic has a wiki article associated with it. You may view it here.
Molto Verboso
2007 LX150 Dragon Red & 2009 H-D FLHRC
Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:01 am quote
Created article Air Filter Cleaning

(This message was automatically generated)
Lx150
Tue May 11, 2010 8:15 am quote
Hi there, thanks for the video.. I don't really understand how to re-oil the filters with out the spray though..
do i just soak them in 50 gasoline and 50 engine oil? i would assume that that would saturate the filters way more than the little bit of spray put on in the video, what should i do?
Ossessionato
Mon May 31, 2010 9:56 am quote
You don't want to use engine oil. It doesn't have the correct properties for an air filter. You can get foam air filter oil in a bottle rather than a spray can, but there's no reason to. The proper method is to spray the filter very well, saturating it quite a bit. You should then massage the oil evenly throughout the sponge element. After the oil is present throughout, squeeze out as much excess as you can.

**Another important note! The element should not be tucked into the inner plastic wall! Maureen appears to be doing this in the video. The filter should sit on top of the wall, being sure that it is behind all screw holes. When the cover is reinstalled, the edges of the filter will actually be pinched by the thin wall, holding it in place and assuring a good seal.
Ossessionato
Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:08 am quote
This is the oil I use in my shop, and it is very good. Dirt bikes commonly use foam air filters, so a shop that sells or services them should have this oil for sale:

Here is a photo showing how the air filter is pinched by the thin wall:

Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
NOTE: This topic has a wiki article associated with it. You may view it here.
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki
[ Time: 0.0935s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0414s) ][ Debug on ]