NOTE: This topic has a wiki article associated with it. You may view it here.
OP
@1drunkparrot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 LX150 Dragon Red & 2009 H-D FLHRC

Molto Verboso
@1drunkparrot avatar
2007 LX150 Dragon Red & 2009 H-D FLHRC
UTC quote
Created article Air Filter Cleaning

(This message was automatically generated)
@chef_frankie avatar
UTC

Lx150

@chef_frankie avatar
Lx150
UTC quote
Hi there, thanks for the video.. I don't really understand how to re-oil the filters with out the spray though..
do i just soak them in 50 gasoline and 50 engine oil? i would assume that that would saturate the filters way more than the little bit of spray put on in the video, what should i do?
@drewteague avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@drewteague avatar
UTC quote
You don't want to use engine oil. It doesn't have the correct properties for an air filter. You can get foam air filter oil in a bottle rather than a spray can, but there's no reason to. The proper method is to spray the filter very well, saturating it quite a bit. You should then massage the oil evenly throughout the sponge element. After the oil is present throughout, squeeze out as much excess as you can.

**Another important note! The element should not be tucked into the inner plastic wall! Maureen appears to be doing this in the video. The filter should sit on top of the wall, being sure that it is behind all screw holes. When the cover is reinstalled, the edges of the filter will actually be pinched by the thin wall, holding it in place and assuring a good seal.
@drewteague avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@drewteague avatar
UTC quote
This is the oil I use in my shop, and it is very good. Dirt bikes commonly use foam air filters, so a shop that sells or services them should have this oil for sale:

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Here is a photo showing how the air filter is pinched by the thin wall:

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
NOTE: This topic has a wiki article associated with it. You may view it here.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0450s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0196s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]