Breakfast at 9:00
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Hooked
GT200
Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:59 am quote
I got out of bed early..... it's what happens when you get over 55. It was dark outside, but the forecast was for rain the next few days, clear for the bulk of the day however.

I caught an hour of Coast to Coast w/George Noorey, read my emails, got on Modern Vespa, checked out ADVrider, TWT/Suzuki, then took a peek outside.... still dark, and WET!? A few hours later the sun was up, I was showered & dressed, had my coffee, then rode twenty miles on the Vespa for breakfast at Phillip's Winery. "6th sense Syrah", home made corn beef hash, fruit, and toast.

Imagine my surprise when I walked outside to gear up, and saw a car parked next to me with this sign. Ya gotta give the guy his prop's for seeking a little money for work, but he really shoulda chosen a different approach to the wording on his sign:

I pointed the scooter toward Lodi to buy some of my favorite cigars. They're cuban rolled "Casilla's", long fill filler, a combination of 5 types of leaves, and really inexpensive. Well..... the liquor store no longer carries them; I ended up buying $40.00 worth of cigars when I shouldn't have been spending any money on cigars: H. Upmann Robusto, Macanudo Maduro, Punch "Rare Corojo", and a Partagas:

Tree w/flowers:

Lodi is where the VERY FIRST reported sighting of an Alien from a UFO was, tt was the subject of our local Credence Clearwater back in the day, and it once had the highest millionairs per capita of anywhere in California..... from the grape vines we grow 'round here:

Tractors & buckets:

I continued to roll toward Rio Vista over our local "Blood Alley", a long stretch of road over the Delta Islands known for lotsa head-ons. When I got there, I hadda take some shots of my scoot with the Rio Vista Bridge in the background. I wanted to continue to roll 'round the Delta, taking lots of pic's to share with you, enjoying the day. But the battery on my camera went dead, I forgot that my uniform was in the washer getting wrinkles, and I considered taking the Suzuki out for a ride when I got home. In the meantime, the phone rings, thinking I better pay my bills, maybe mow the lawn..... you know, be responsible. So what I do? Put off being responsible by posting my images of a little 100 mile ride for breakfast this morning

Rio Vista Bridge:
Molto Verboso
2007 GT200L Graphite Black
Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 pm quote
What great pictures and a good morning.
Hooked
GT200
Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 pm quote
It was a GREAT morning!

I'm smoking one of the cigars now, dropped a motorcycle suit off for alterations (found someone to do it!!!), Race To Dakar playing on the DVD in the other room, and I'm sitting here to pay my bills on-line..... jus' hadda peek in and see what MV was up to before going to my bank.

(The yard is still UNfertilized and needs mowing, and a few storms are currently rolling this way.....)

Hmm, GOOD cigar too!
Banned
GTS 250ie - SHINY YELLOW
Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:18 am quote
CA wasp'n wrote:
It was a GREAT morning!

I'm smoking one of the cigars now, dropped a motorcycle suit off for alterations (found someone to do it!!!), Race To Dakar playing on the DVD in the other room, and I'm sitting here to pay my bills on-line..... jus' hadda peek in and see what MV was up to before going to my bank.

(The yard is still UNfertilized and needs mowing, and a few storms are currently rolling this way.....)

Hmm, GOOD cigar too!

Good celection of cigars,
H. Upmann Robusto, Macanudo Maduro, Punch "Rare Corojo", and a Partagas.
I too enjoy a cigar now and then.
erich
Hooked
GT200
Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:00 am quote
I see you have the bombass lighter! Every time I got one of those (ten years ago), they gave up the ghost on me rather quickly. (though you really can't beat a loooong cedar match!)

And is that a fancy humidor?!?!?
Ossessionato
Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:42 pm quote
Nice little ride, great photos!
Talk to me about the corned beef hash.. I used to love it at the restaurant in Fess Parker's Inn at Los Olivos. But the last time I was there, they had changed the theme and it is now Greek! I love Greek food, but when you make the ride expecting corned beef hash...

p.s. of course I'm tawkin' about made from scratch, not junk out of a can!
Hooked
GT200
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 pm quote
DesmoDude (I always wanted a black & gold Darhma....),

It's funny you should ask. The "from scratch" corn beef hash I've had of late, has failed each time to live up to my expectations. Corn beef too big, potatos cut too large, or everything cubed the same size but lacking...... I'm still looking for GOOD corn beef hash prepared like I remember 'back in the day'.

And guess what, I didn't go looking forward to Hash, I went looking forward to their Greek omelette with feta cheese..... go figure.

As I raised my glass of wine, on elderly man (the owner?) suddenly said, "Ah yes, a glass of wine with breakfast in the morning is like the sun coming up....." or some'n like that.
Banned
GTS 250ie - SHINY YELLOW
Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:56 pm quote
Last year during Swerve n' Curve
CA wasp'n wrote:
I see you have the bombass lighter! Every time I got one of those (ten years ago), they gave up the ghost on me rather quickly. (though you really can't beat a loooong cedar match!)

And is that a fancy humidor?!?!?

I saw my friend BBQmike and he had this great lighter, turned out to be the torch. I went to the High Times Cigar store and purchased the Yellow lighter. A few weeks later on a Saturday I thought I had lost it. This was during Swerve n' Curve Scooter Rally 2009, I purchased the Red torch that night and after the rally was over and on Monday when I went back to the Cigar Lounge in HB BBQmike handed over the Yellow lighter. I own two of the best designed cigar lighters. Niether one has failed on my over the last few months, very reliable lighter in a sea breeze too. The Adirondack bench arm rest is the wood you see the lighter on. But yes I do own a very nice humidor.
Addicted
GTS300 Super
Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:37 pm quote
Nice glimpse into your life. Thanks for the post.
Ossessionato
LXV 150 GTV 250
Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:53 am quote
Two Ford NAA tractors. I had a 1951 Golden Jubilee Ford when I lived out in the country. With a front end loader and a scraper blade it would do a lot of work.

Used it for 10 years and sold it for what I paid for it.
Ossessionato
Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:44 pm quote
CA wasp'n wrote:
And guess what, I didn't go looking forward to Hash, I went looking forward to their Greek omelette with feta cheese..... go figure.

Hah! That's what we ended up having expecting the hash!
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:12 pm quote
Man I love California!
Hooked
Vespa 2010 GTS Super 300ie
Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 am quote
WOW!! I love your pictures! I ride/drive those roads where your photos were taken (tree w/ flowers and wine posting sign) twice a day five days a week! Lately 2-3 days a week are commuted by scoot! I live in Lodi and work in Stockton and since aquiring a bigger scooter that can get me safely to/from work that's been my preference! Next time you come to Lodi I'd love to take a ride if possible. We do have a lot of pretty country in our neck of the woods, and I've been dying to take it in via Vespa!

Hope to see you 'round!

p.s. Haven't been to Phillips Farm in years! My mom used to work there during the summer when I was little. Sadly last time my hub and I had breakfast there we both got sick...boo.
Hooked
2004 ET4
Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:34 am quote
Seeing these tractors just sitting there rusting brings a tear to my eye. I don't recall the model but we had one just like the one in the rear when I was growing up (not that long ago). It wasn't the most powerful thing in the world and I sucked in my fair share of exhaust fumes but it was a steady runner. To me, a junkyard is just an organ farm for cars.

Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.1751s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0439s) ][ Debug on ]