A) The actual modulator install.
Front was a cinch, and the only "work" was to install the light sensor. I found a place for it in the left rubber grommet for the mirror, and it looks like this now (see first picture below)
Rear was a bit more work, because there was soldering to be done, and lots of sweat produced until I found that the blue cap would find a space to be stored--it turned out a perfect fit--see pictures for wiring and fit.
B) Getting there and back.
The front headset cover removal was a major biatch! First I removed the wrong front center screw--the silver light adjustment screw, instead of the black cover retention screw. Nobody told me! Anyway, once the right screw was out, the cover would not come off. It stuck to the upper edge of the assembly, and only with brutal force did I manage to take it apart. Some little plastic part broke off in the process but that had no effect on the tight fit when I put it back together.
The tail light removal could have been so easy, had I not read some instructions here in another thread, where it said to remove some screws under the plate holder, then three more under the light, then finally the one under the red lens. Sorry, but that's not necessary! All it takes is one simple screw, the one in the center, directly under the red lens. So easy!
It all works as expected, and the only job left is to adjust the headlight again, in case it got out of whack.
Light sensor installation in the left mirror grommet, sensor facing forward
Wiring and components of rear modulator
Fit of the electronic modulator cap in the tail light housing--snug and comfy.
Last edited by Vacanze on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total