@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
It may not be snow and ice, but I went for a ride today during a brief pause between two major storm systems that are battering North California. I'm determined to take advantage of every scooting opportunity I can this winter, and I guess that means riding even when the skys are threatening.

Here's a shot I took on Skyline boulevard, facing vaguely West and overlooking Oakland and the San Francisco bay.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Skyline runs through a lot of woods, and the storms that were hitting us up until late this morning left a whole lot of storm debris in the road -- piles and piles of pine needles, bark, and twigs, and of course it's all wet. The roads ranged from rivers of water coming down from higher elevations to bone-dry, and so speed was pretty erratic the whole ride. I did a total of 42 miles at an average speed of 22 mph. Maximum speed was 46.7 mph.

Now for some soup. All the heat has left my body.
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Consume Less & Share More

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
Consume Less & Share More
UTC quote
Ah, the rainy season.
I don't recognize the area, probably because of the limited visibility. There's a nice dark rain cloud directly to your left.
OP
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
addicted wrote:
There's a nice dark rain cloud directly to your left.
You mean the No Parking sign? Yeah. Not my most artistic photo.

The area is vaguely above the Montclair district of Oakland, near where Ascot dead-ends into Skyline.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0299s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0072s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]