Lunch Hour Scooting
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Hooked
Vespa 2010 GTS Super 300ie
Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:56 pm quote
Hi Everyone,
This journey wasn't too epic, but it sure is a nice repreive in the middle of the day, so I thought I'd share! Today was too nice to sit in my office for my lunch break, so instead I grabbed helmet & keys and dashed out the door for some lunch hour scooting.

Went to the Marina near my office for a quick bite, then cruised around a bit... people are starting to pull their boats out and get them ready for summer, the docks were a buzz wiith activity.

I had to make myself return to the office, which was hard! It's such a gorgeous day! TGIF!!

Have a great weekend!
Lisa

p.s. Sorry for the poopy quality pics, my lil old cell phone isn't what it used to be.

Lunch Hour Scooting 01.jpg

Lunch Hour Scooting 02.jpg

Banned

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:50 am quote
I love that last picture

That's one beautiful red Super!
Hooked
Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:04 am quote
Thank you, thank you Linda! I think she's pretty beautiful too!
Banned
GTS 250ie - SHINY YELLOW
Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:01 pm quote
hey there, great looking Vespa
Nice area,
I didn't know where Lodi CA was so I looked it up.
Looks like a nice farm like town, How's the riding in that area?
I may be coming thru your area later this year on my way
to Vacaville to visit my Aunt Alice. Are there any parks near the riverside?
Keep the shiny side up.
Hooked
Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:47 pm quote
Hi Erich51~
Riding in and around Lodi is great! It's a smallish town, but close enough to everything. It's a lot like Napa... 'cept not as fancy. Well, not as hilly either But it's surrounded by grape vineyards and wineries on all sides so it is actually a very pretty place to scoot. Just guessing (with zero research), but I'd say there are at least 30 wineries within 1-5 miles of Lodi. If you're a wine drinker, it's a great place to visit. And there are a LOT of geocaches around these parts too, if you're into that sort of thing. I am, and they're especially fun via scoot. Also, the Sierra foothills start, just about 30 minutes drive east of Lodi, and there are lots of great, twisty places to ride in them, thar hills.

This area is pretty right now too, due to all the late rain this year, everything is still green! Usually by June, NorCal is dry and brown.

We do have a lovely park called Lodi Lake that has river/lake access, but there aren't a lot of other public ways to get to the Mokelumne River. The Delta is only about 10 miles away though, and there is a lot of river access out around Tower Park and Rio Vista. Good riding/scooting too, I hear... haven't been that way by scooter yet, but I'd like too.

It's a bit of a jaunt to Vacaville from here, an hour at least. But if you're ever out this way let me know I'd love to go scootin and show the place off. I've lived here forever and I know where all the best food is!

Happy Scooting!
Lisa
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.1475s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0239s) ][ Debug on ]