@coffedrink avatar
UTC

Hooked
2008 mp3 500, 1960 Lambretta Li 150

Hooked
@coffedrink avatar
UTC quote
Last Thursday my GT200 sputtered and poped but started when I gave it gas she died and I smelled fuel. I thought I might have flooded it some how so I let her set for a while. After about 2 hrs I went back and this time there was a harsh metal sounding Clack then nothing. I called "VESPA roadside asssistance" and they had a tow truck out to me in about an hour. The dealer finaly got to it today and somehow the carb was frozen wide open and they stated that they will replace the carb. I also mentioned that I felt the clutch slip when I had ridden long distance, before I could finish they stated that they would replace the clutch and put a new belt on. Although it will be about 1-11/2 mo before I get my GT back I was impressed with not having to haggle about repairs. Have any of y'all experinced the Carb thing, the clutch is well documented. BTY I only had 2000mi on the GT
@naked_scooterist avatar
UTC

2006 GT200

@naked_scooterist avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
Sorry to hear about that happening to your GT coffee. Did you take it to KC International? I was just wondering cause that's where I bought mine. How many miles do you have on it? I only have a little over 200miles on mine (it's still a baby).

Good luck w/ the repairs and I hope you get it back sooner.

Bernie
OP
@coffedrink avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@coffedrink avatar
UTC quote
I purchased it used with about 200mi on it. Got it for a really good price 2000 smackaroos! I still smile when I say how much I paid for it. I take it to KCI because thats the only place in town that does warranty work. As soon as the warranty expires then it going to the motorcycle shop on Austin Hwy, great people and good prices. I purchased my Stella from them and they treated me like family there.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0403s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0136s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]