@raputtak avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 GTS 300 Super - red, of course.

Ossessionato
@raputtak avatar
UTC quote
The weather forecast was hot but no storms so I set off to Wilson, NC, to visit two of the G-kids.
Here's me at the start.  I did actually wear my regular armored jacket - not just the Tee shirt.  The pic shows the fly screen and the horn.
Here's me at the start. I did actually wear my regular armored jacket - not just the Tee shirt. The pic shows the fly screen and the horn.
I took Route 17 South to 64.  The pic shows the North Carolina highways.  Wide open, smooth and empty.  Took exit 494 onto Rte 42 and followed that all the way to Wilson.  Via Pinetops and Conetoe (thats K-neat-oh).  Just outside Wilson I turned on the GP
I took Route 17 South to 64. The pic shows the North Carolina highways. Wide open, smooth and empty. Took exit 494 onto Rte 42 and followed that all the way to Wilson. Via Pinetops and Conetoe (thats K-neat-oh). Just outside Wilson I turned on the GP
It was a hot day.  For those of you in England, yes, there are places where the temperature rises above 65 degrees F.  We have this big bright object high in the sky that bestows heat and light upon us lucky North Carolinians!
It was a hot day. For those of you in England, yes, there are places where the temperature rises above 65 degrees F. We have this big bright object high in the sky that bestows heat and light upon us lucky North Carolinians!
And my grandson mugging for the camera.  Notice how the flash is reflected in the stripes.  I took him for a ride around the block.  He loved it.  We may have a new member in a few years.
And my grandson mugging for the camera. Notice how the flash is reflected in the stripes. I took him for a ride around the block. He loved it. We may have a new member in a few years.
@stanny avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 GT200L Graphite Black

Molto Verboso
@stanny avatar
2007 GT200L Graphite Black
UTC quote
Ooooh, those are my kind of highways....empty and wide open!

How far a ride was it for you?
OP
@raputtak avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@raputtak avatar
UTC quote
109 miles each way. Took me about 2.5 hours. The first part was all four lane highway with limits from 55 to 70; the final 35 miles two lane back roads.

All in all it was a great route for the GTS, some fast, some relaxing.

I did stop for fuel, bio breaks and water.

Yes, it was HOT! I left home at 7:40 to try to beat the heat. However, the way back was really hot.

I wore these black pants by Allseasongear "Under Armour". They did in fact wick any moisture, i.e. sweat, away from my lower body and kept me comfortable. Also, due to the relaxed fit and elastic waist, I did not suffer from a wedgie.

I kept my jacket unzipped a little so that the wind blew through.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0455s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0187s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]