REVIEW: Draggin Jeans - Slix for Women
Post Reply    Forum -> Reviews
Hooked
Vespa LXS 125 i.e.
Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:53 pm quote
I haven't studied riding my Vespa LXS 125 i.e. yet but I finally received my gear in the post! One of the items I purchased was Draggin Jeans' Slix for Women protective jeans. I'm sure many of you have heard of Draggins but since the Slix is a new product, I thought I would put my views here!

For more technical information, here's the product website:
http://www.dragginjeans.net/product/slix%20for%20women

Since I'm quite petite, I went for the smallest size possible, a size 6/26". I was initially worried that it would end up being too loose, as most of my 26" jeans get baggy around the thighs after a couple of washes. Plus, the hip measurement on their website stated 92cm which was too large for me. But when I tried them on for the first time, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to zip up!!!! They fit like how skinny jeans should fit - tight!!!!

From the outside, they look GREAT. I think they fit me even better than any of my other jeans! The cut is low, except for the back, which allows you to sit without showing too much skin. (this is important for me because i hate wearing anything that is NOT low cut!) they are skinnies and will look superb with boots (motorbike or otherwise!). the material is also stretchy.. very useful when trying to pull them up! They are really comfy to wear (although I still have to hold my breath a teensy bit when buttoning!) and not as "shiny" as I feared it might be, since the product page talks about it looking like leather.

I am 5'3" (162cm?) and the Kevlar knee cover fit perfectly over my knees with equal amounts above and below. The legs are too long for me though - as usual - so I just fold them up by 3 inches!!!! But as long as the Kevlar patch is in the right place, I don't care! I wouldn't wear knee protectors under these jeans.... it would be IMPOSSIBLE to fit them in. maybe over-the-knee protectors if I go on long-distance tours. The outer thighs are completely lined with more Kevlar/Dyneema textile. They feel a little padded at the beginning, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It is a little warm though, so I don't know I can wear them all day in the summer, but definitely nice for fall or winter (even when not riding!! they look THAT good!).

I haven't taken any photos of myself in them, but this will follow if people find it useful.

For first impressions: 9/10 (negatives: the padded feel which makes it warm and price: 150 pounds on manufacturer's website without shipping, 140 pounds at online dealer with shipping within UK).

I really LOVE how they look! For that, I'm willing to pay the extra price. Draggins has a cheaper Minx low-cut bootcut jeans in blue, but this looks like all 3 of my other normal Levi's. I wanted a new pair of dark skinnies so now I save myself from buying 2 pairs

More impressions to follow when I actually ride with them on!!!!!! :p
Hooked
LX150
Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:14 pm quote
Jeeze, all I do is put on a pair of shorts, tea shirt and bead bucket. All I care about is that the scoot looks good. He He.
Hooked
2011 Titanium Super
Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:58 pm quote
Hi Chia,

If you could post a couple of pics that would be great.

Was thinking about getting something similar for my GF but was unsure of the actual "fit"

Cheers,
Dan
Hooked
Vespa LXS 125 i.e.
Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 pm quote
Hi Hoop,
I'll try to get some photos this weekend... will need to set up a tripod or shoot into the mirror!

It's a shame they don't show any pictures of the jeans on models on their website... I really felt like i was taking a risk by buying it without trying them on or seeing them on a person. they are not cheap! plus i had my sis post them from UK so i wouldnt even have been able to return them easily if they didn't work out. but luckily they did.

will post again soon!
Addicted
LXV150
Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 pm quote
I want to see how they look on you too but only perhaps because I like looking at girls.
Molto Verboso
LX150
Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:21 am quote
Wow, those are some skiiiiny jeans.

My SO can't stand the way most motorcycle pants fit her (stay-t-puff marshmallow type fit). This might actually be nice for her. Nice.

BTW, if you want alternatives, we always go for the BMW line of clothes bcs they tend to fit nicely as well.
Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red
Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:22 am quote
Don't forget that they're also dogproof.
wmak wrote:
So, I'm coming back from the golf course, and I forgot to put my phone in my pocket. I decide to pull over in this driveway to check the golf bag, where I left the phone. As I'm pulling over, I notice a dachshund and some guy yelling at the little dog. I pull up, since I'm not worried about a little bitty dog, I'm wearing boots and Draggin' Jeans brand kevlar pants. As I'm turned around checking the pocket on the bag, I feel something on my thigh. I look up, and it's a great big dog, and he had just bitten me. Before he could go for another taste, I accelerated and found a better place to check for the phone. I'm sure if I had been wearing regular pants, I would have at least gotten a bruise.
[/quote]
Hooked
Vespa LXS 125 i.e.
Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:36 am quote
Here's a video about Slix that Draggins' just posted on their facebook :p

http://www.stuntbums.com/Blog/leahstunt-tested-slix-by-drayko

You'll probably get a better idea of the fit from the video instead of my photo ;p

And Draggins is branded as Drayko in america... no idea why.
Addicted
LXV150
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:56 am quote
Personally I never really liked any of the original Draggin Jeans that I saw before, they were all a little too dad-jean for me. It's good to see there is a variety.
Lurker
Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:11 pm quote
Re: REVIEW: Draggin Jeans - Slix for Women
Hi! I'm thinking of getting a pair of Draggin Jeans' Slix for Women protective jeans and was wondering if you have any further feedback after having worn it for a while now.

I'm residing in Singapore, so the weather is a tad warm. Do you think that the Draggin Jeans' will be too warm and uncomfortable for long rides under the hot sun?

Also, will it be a nuisance when it gets wet from the rain? It's not exactly waterproof, is it?
chia wrote:
I haven't studied riding my Vespa LXS 125 i.e. yet but I finally received my gear in the post! One of the items I purchased was Draggin Jeans' Slix for Women protective jeans. I'm sure many of you have heard of Draggins but since the Slix is a new product, I thought I would put my views here!

For more technical information, here's the product website:
http://www.dragginjeans.net/product/slix%20for%20women

Since I'm quite petite, I went for the smallest size possible, a size 6/26". I was initially worried that it would end up being too loose, as most of my 26" jeans get baggy around the thighs after a couple of washes. Plus, the hip measurement on their website stated 92cm which was too large for me. But when I tried them on for the first time, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to zip up!!!! They fit like how skinny jeans should fit - tight!!!!

From the outside, they look GREAT. I think they fit me even better than any of my other jeans! The cut is low, except for the back, which allows you to sit without showing too much skin. (this is important for me because i hate wearing anything that is NOT low cut!) they are skinnies and will look superb with boots (motorbike or otherwise!). the material is also stretchy.. very useful when trying to pull them up! They are really comfy to wear (although I still have to hold my breath a teensy bit when buttoning!) and not as "shiny" as I feared it might be, since the product page talks about it looking like leather.

I am 5'3" (162cm?) and the Kevlar knee cover fit perfectly over my knees with equal amounts above and below. The legs are too long for me though - as usual - so I just fold them up by 3 inches!!!! But as long as the Kevlar patch is in the right place, I don't care! I wouldn't wear knee protectors under these jeans.... it would be IMPOSSIBLE to fit them in. maybe over-the-knee protectors if I go on long-distance tours. The outer thighs are completely lined with more Kevlar/Dyneema textile. They feel a little padded at the beginning, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It is a little warm though, so I don't know I can wear them all day in the summer, but definitely nice for fall or winter (even when not riding!! they look THAT good!).

I haven't taken any photos of myself in them, but this will follow if people find it useful.

For first impressions: 9/10 (negatives: the padded feel which makes it warm and price: 150 pounds on manufacturer's website without shipping, 140 pounds at online dealer with shipping within UK).

I really LOVE how they look! For that, I'm willing to pay the extra price. Draggins has a cheaper Minx low-cut bootcut jeans in blue, but this looks like all 3 of my other normal Levi's. I wanted a new pair of dark skinnies so now I save myself from buying 2 pairs

More impressions to follow when I actually ride with them on!!!!!! :p
Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 pm quote
Thanks for your review, and for the link to the video-- quite informative.

Would love to hear some more input on the Slix-- the Drayko site doesn't appear to be linked to information about each model they sell, including the Slix.
Enthusiast
'04 Alabaster ET4
Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:15 am quote
This is great! I'm 5'2" so knowing it fits you with just 3" of fold with still good fitting I may consider these
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Reviews
[ Time: 0.2521s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0385s) ][ Debug on ]