CVT fr4
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion Previous12
Hooked
1969 90SS & Sprint 150 3v i.e.
Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:03 pm quote
Hi guys,

I am going to get this variator for my s150 but was wondering what is the impact if I used this with a malossi torque driver or will this be obsolete with the FR4.

I ride with a pillion and heard that the Malossi TD is a must, any comments on this.

Also, any suggestions on complimentary equipment like torsion controllers etc. I was thinking the polini 2G clutch but not sure if it would have a negative affect?

Originally, I was going to go full malossi but this variator has got my attention.

Also anyone know about or use the pinasco spring with pressure bearing?

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/variator+spring+pinasco+for_b1492085

Appreciate your feedback
Piaggio Beverly Tourer 400
Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:07 pm quote
i report my mantainance experience with cvt-fr4 into my Piaggio BV 400,
it's about 35000km i've mounted this variator,
recently i've changed the first sliders, they stay into the variator over 30000km and they have recently some little problems of material comsuption, infact only one slider have a problem and so in this situation the rear disk is not balanced in every sliders then i decided to replace the sliders, i want to specify the last rollers they have some problems of abnormal comsuption, probably due at the slider problem and so i replace the rollers too.
Generally i change the rollers every 10-12000km, the last rollers have had a duration of 7-8000km about.
For my experience i can say i have a positive experience with this variator,
nothing of exceptional but certanly positive impression, low consumption of all mechanical part of variator from the belt to the sliders, the only attention to do it's at the rollers comsuption, probably the only part more stressed, infact they slide in axial way and in low radial way (typical rototraslationof cvt-fr4) and so they have more comsuption and more stress
2016 MP3 500ie Sport
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 am quote
I know this is an old thread, but I am thankful for the content it contains as it helped me decide on what variator to use.

At my 10k km maintenance interval, the biggest challenge I was trying to address was a lot of vibration at low speed (stop/start). I considered moving to another bike because of it. I lane split in California, so I can encounter this low-speed issue on a daily basis.

The CVR fr4 corrected this problem and seems to have improved my acceleration.
I am hopeful about the improved maintenance interval it should provide over a roller based variator.

I purchased it as SIP Scooter and received it within a week.

I hope this helps others make a decision on their variator plan.

BR
Steve
Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:16 am quote
CVT fr4
I'm kinda curious if it'll work on an HPE Motor.
I am also wondering if they even make them for that type of Motor and if it is worth it.
If anybody has any info about using the CVT fr4 variator on the HPE, please post it. I would really appreciate it

Fred
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:50 am quote
Re: CVT fr4
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
I am also wondering if they even make them for that type of Motor and if it is worth it.
If anybody has any info about using the CVT fr4 variator on the HPE, please post it. I would really appreciate it

Fred
Keep in mind things change as the belt ages.
Every time I have approached the time to change belts, I have gotten a progressively worsening judder at low speeds.
Replace the belt, rollers, and sliding blocks, and sand the variator surfaces and back to smooth normality for a few thousand miles.
Hooked
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:16 pm quote
Re: CVT fr4
Madison Sully wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:

Fred
Keep in mind things change as the belt ages.
Every time I have approached the time to change belts, I have gotten a progressively worsening judder at low speeds.
Replace the belt, rollers, and sliding blocks, and sand the variator surfaces and back to smooth normality for a few thousand miles.
Thanks for the info Madison.
Hooked
Mon May 25, 2020 9:49 am quote
CVT FR4
nasone32 wrote:
Hello,
first I want to say i am not here to sell, so if the moderation has
something to complain, contact me.

--
vario for mp3-500 is at 228 plus shipping (Italy to U.S. with fedex is about 50-70)
it is limited to our rollers but they last up to 10000km, to almost twice than conventional rollers.
our rollers have a barrel shape, not cylindrical.
--
Drago you can go to www.drbike.it , it's an italian shop that has international language too.
--

for lele:
a torque converter has a simple operation. you already have a torque converter in the rear pulleys, and the vario CVT FR4 works similar way.

The REAR torque converter is used mostly to make pressure on the belt. the spring itself is not enough to prevent the belt from slipping, and what the torque converter do, is to convert rotational torque into axial pressure (so more load means the belt is more squeezed)

The FRONT torque converter (CVT FR4) is used to select the correct ratio on the variator. a conventional variator has only the roller ramps, so it opens only by roller weight and centrifugal force (rpm).

It does not care if you are facing slopes, wind, if you weight 40 or 150 Kgs, if you have a windshield, bags etc.

CVT FR4 can "feel" the torque resistance on the belt, so can keep a shorter ratio if needed, or increase the ratio quickly (thus accelerating faster) when is possible.

There is a side effect: if the belt is slipping, the vario feels a much lower torque on the belt, and it engages a longer ratio by opening more, squeezing the belt exactly like the rear pulleys, and blocking the belt slipping.

SO with CVT FR4 you have more power transmission and an intelligent variator, that adapts to different weight/load conditions.
Hello, I have two questions. Is there one that passes on my 2019 MP3 500 HPE Advanced and where can I find one
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Wed May 27, 2020 9:41 am quote
So it works exactly like the helical slot thingy between the clutch sheaves- add torque and the clutch sheaves open up, shifting to a lower gear. Only it's on the front part of the variator rather than hidden under the clutch...
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion Previous12
[ Time: 0.1764s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0758s) ][ Debug on ]