want to buy a Vespa 250 excellent cond. only. on Long Island or parts of CT, NJ
UTC

2007 Vespa GTS 250

2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
Re: want Vespa 250 Long Island NY or
iAmGadget wrote:
Hi, it wasn't till this week that I'd consider selling it but I have a 2007 GTS black with about 3800 miles on it. I have the small wind screen and the original hard case on the back. The vespa is in superb shape. I put on two new Pirelli tires this summer on it. Small superficial little things on it but since I wan't considering selling I haven't attended to. I love things thing. All summer and way into fall I'm on it. But I am considering buying a Ducati and have room for one bike/scooter only. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm in Central NJ. my main email is mmezyk@gmail.com. I can post pictures if you like but since this is a bit of a new idea to me I will need to take them this weekend.

Regards,
Marek
OP
UTC

Hooked
2007 250 GTS ie

Hooked
2007 250 GTS ie
UTC quote
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:
Hi, it wasn't till this week that I'd consider selling it but I have a 2007 GTS black with about 3800 miles on it. I have the small wind screen and the original hard case on the back. The vespa is in superb shape. I put on two new Pirelli tires this summer on it. Small superficial little things on it but since I wan't considering selling I haven't attended to. I love things thing. All summer and way into fall I'm on it. But I am considering buying a Ducati and have room for one bike/scooter only. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm in Central NJ. my main email is mmezyk@gmail.com. I can post pictures if you like but since this is a bit of a new idea to me I will need to take them this weekend.

Regards,
Marek
thank you for contacting me. I know when i buy used i cannot always get the color i would like, but i did not consider black for a vespa. I just sold my BMW motorcycle and that was black....I like black on certain motorcycles...I will try to get to a dealer to see the black up close. How much are you asking for it? thank you,
UTC

2007 Vespa GTS 250

2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
iAmGadget wrote:
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:

Regards,
Marek
thank you for contacting me. I know when i buy used i cannot always get the color i would like, but i did not consider black for a vespa. I just sold my BMW motorcycle and that was black....I like black on certain motorcycles...I will try to get to a dealer to see the black up close. How much are you asking for it? thank you,
With the wind screen, and the black hard case (original from Vespa) I am hoping for $3,750. I wanted a black Vespa because its the most stylish of all the colors offered. But I will take pictures this weekend (either late afternoon tommrow or Sunday moring) and post them here. There are a few little superficial things but I'll take detail pictures and explain it. I am still a bit shaky on selling it I suppose. But I rode on the Ducati Monster 796 and the 848.. and still trying to decide... and wonder how life without a vespa is like.

Regards,
Marek
OP
UTC

Hooked
2007 250 GTS ie

Hooked
2007 250 GTS ie
UTC quote
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:

Regards,
Marek
With the wind screen, and the black hard case (original from Vespa) I am hoping for $3,750. I wanted a black Vespa because its the most stylish of all the colors offered. But I will take pictures this weekend (either late afternoon tommrow or Sunday moring) and post them here. There are a few little superficial things but I'll take detail pictures and explain it. I am still a bit shaky on selling it I suppose. But I rode on the Ducati Monster 796 and the 848.. and still trying to decide... and wonder how life without a vespa is like.

Regards,
Marek
hi
I can understand your concern re life without a vespa. I am in the reverse. I have always had a motorcycle and did my motorcycle camping..also rode my BMW bike from west palm beach florida to mexico and then up to the grand canyon and then back to west palm...i did some long distance riding. I just sold it because i bought a coach ( motorhome) and made it my primary home. so i figured i would not need the big bike and would enjoy something to have local around town fun with the ability to still get on the highway....and that would be the 250.
I have never taken a vespa for a ride and i know it will not handle like my motorcycles did, but I have a feeling that the Vespa has a high fun factor and that is a major thing for me with bikes. Different bikes for different needs. Also the riding position for me was important...i do not like leaning forward....i prefer more of the sit up feeling....I like to enjoy the scenery and relax yet have good handling.
Whatever you decide.....try to ride the bike on the highway and into turns etc.....ride it for awhile if you can....get the feel.
If a seller is reluctant to let you ride because the fear is if you should drop it....then there could be a problem....
The way to avoid this....and be able to test ride....is: You decided you want the bike and you both established the price. Then you write up your bill of sale and you give the person the money...However there is a written agreement that you are taking the bike for a test ride and if you do not like it for any reason you get your money back upon the return of the bike, and if you drop it you own it. Than took the fear out of sellers. I do not think it is a good idea to buy any bike you cannot ride....or you could be in for a sad surprise......not just the bike running properly, but your comfort too. Good luck...ride safe
UTC

2007 Vespa GTS 250

2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
iAmGadget wrote:
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:

Regards,
Marek

Regards,
Marek
hi
I can understand your concern re life without a vespa. I am in the reverse. I have always had a motorcycle and did my motorcycle camping..also rode my BMW bike from west palm beach florida to mexico and then up to the grand canyon and then back to west palm...i did some long distance riding. I just sold it because i bought a coach ( motorhome) and made it my primary home. so i figured i would not need the big bike and would enjoy something to have local around town fun with the ability to still get on the highway....and that would be the 250.
I have never taken a vespa for a ride and i know it will not handle like my motorcycles did, but I have a feeling that the Vespa has a high fun factor and that is a major thing for me with bikes. Different bikes for different needs. Also the riding position for me was important...i do not like leaning forward....i prefer more of the sit up feeling....I like to enjoy the scenery and relax yet have good handling.
Whatever you decide.....try to ride the bike on the highway and into turns etc.....ride it for awhile if you can....get the feel.
If a seller is reluctant to let you ride because the fear is if you should drop it....then there could be a problem....
The way to avoid this....and be able to test ride....is: You decided you want the bike and you both established the price. Then you write up your bill of sale and you give the person the money...However there is a written agreement that you are taking the bike for a test ride and if you do not like it for any reason you get your money back upon the return of the bike, and if you drop it you own it. Than took the fear out of sellers. I do not think it is a good idea to buy any bike you cannot ride....or you could be in for a sad surprise......not just the bike running properly, but your comfort too. Good luck...ride safe
The other day I rode the Ducati 848 and the Monster 796 at a dealer and after those my ride back was on the Vespa. The fun factor and practically is where vespa really makes you realize how easy it is to be your daily mode of transport. I live in central NJ and rode on it with a passenger to Philadelphia, about 60 miles each way for me, and the only drawback was the wind pushing back since the riding position is upright. However it was a gorgeous day and there is nothing like pulling into a major city, going over to a park and chaining it up next to a bike rack. Then you stand back and realize "I sat on this seat and after an hour my feet are touching Phily". Sorry if I am being silly but it is that comfortable. A motorcycle is more of an effort, between the power and handling. This [vespa] is like sitting on a seat and with about 68mpg getting off somewhere else. The more I write here the more I am thinking how to find a way to keep it but I just don't have a space for two bikes. I mean the insurance for this thing is costing me below $200 for the entire year in the state of NJ. Filling it up every 130+ miles with a $6 is like an event. Man, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it but I love this thing. But I got to break my emotional attachment to things like motorcycles and cars. It just hard.

But the vespa should complement your motor home perfectly. The 250 is just se well designed. Its genius really. That's why I've been putting off a motorcycle for a long time now.

You are more then welcome to test ride the vespa. The practicality of it sets in about 2 seconds when you're moving. And then it dawns on you that going shopping to a grocery store is among the main tasks this has been designed for. It's brilliant. Putting a gallon of milk or some other solid object from home depot on the floor, securing it with your feet, while all of it does not hinder your ride back home ... this is genius.

Regards,
Marek

Regards,
Marek
OP
UTC

Hooked
2007 250 GTS ie

Hooked
2007 250 GTS ie
UTC quote
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:
Marek Mezyk wrote:
iAmGadget wrote:

Regards,
Marek

Regards,
Marek
hi
The other day I rode the Ducati 848 and the Monster 796 at a dealer and after those my ride back was on the Vespa. The fun factor and practically is where vespa really makes you realize how easy it is to be your daily mode of transport. I live in central NJ and rode on it with a passenger to Philadelphia, about 60 miles each way for me, and the only drawback was the wind pushing back since the riding position is upright. However it was a gorgeous day and there is nothing like pulling into a major city, going over to a park and chaining it up next to a bike rack. Then you stand back and realize "I sat on this seat and after an hour my feet are touching Phily". Sorry if I am being silly but it is that comfortable. A motorcycle is more of an effort, between the power and handling. This [vespa] is like sitting on a seat and with about 68mpg getting off somewhere else. The more I write here the more I am thinking how to find a way to keep it but I just don't have a space for two bikes. I mean the insurance for this thing is costing me below $200 for the entire year in the state of NJ. Filling it up every 130+ miles with a $6 is like an event. Man, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it but I love this thing. But I got to break my emotional attachment to things like motorcycles and cars. It just hard.

But the vespa should complement your motor home perfectly. The 250 is just se well designed. Its genius really. That's why I've been putting off a motorcycle for a long time now.

You are more then welcome to test ride the vespa. The practicality of it sets in about 2 seconds when you're moving. And then it dawns on you that going shopping to a grocery store is among the main tasks this has been designed for. It's brilliant. Putting a gallon of milk or some other solid object from home depot on the floor, securing it with your feet, while all of it does not hinder your ride back home ... this is genius.

Regards,
Marek

Regards,
Marek
thanks for the offer to ride it....I will consider...you are a distance...
enjoy your motorcycle.....
we all buy or should buy a bike that fits what we need it for and they do not make one that does it all....too big...too small etc. do you need storage.... do you need comfort for longer distance....etc. good luck and ride safe...
UTC

2007 Vespa GTS 250

2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
Pictures
Here are the promised pictures:
Front
Front
Front
UTC

2007 Vespa GTS 250

2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
Side
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

2007 Vespa GTS 250

2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
Panel
UTC

2007 Vespa GTS 250

2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
I have HI-RES pictures but the forum is restricting me to 200kb only.
Please email me at mmezyk@gmail.com and I will be more then glad to send you all the pictures in higher resolution.

Regards,
Marek
UTC

2007 Vespa GTS 250

2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
Trying it again with bigger Images
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1062s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0663s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]