MP3 500 Listed on Kansas City CL - turned out to be scam :(
Post Reply    Forum -> For Sale / Wanted
Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super
Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:50 pm quote
It's not mine, I'm a modern Vespa person myself but while perusing the ads, I ran across this. The price seems really low...really low.

Just thought I'd post the link if anyone was interested.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/1954036941.html

MP3 500.jpg

Last edited by ScootChef on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
2007 Vespa GTS 250ie
Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm quote
Yep, they are everywhere for that amazing price, and with the same mileage.

A lot of guys seem to hurt their backs right after buying them too.

Houston:
http://www.cycleclassifieds.us/42022/2009-Piaggio-MP3-500-cc-Scooter-3-Wheel.html

Edmonton
http://usededmonton.com/classifieds/rollerblades-skateboards-scooters
Hooked
MP3 400
Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:04 am quote
Scam
Yep, same bike, same user, different cities. Turns out they are from a "Woman" - I guess they think women don't know the value of thinks. The first email, says she is busy with a weeding and will get back to you. Then the next day a long email about how she is gone out to help with her daughter's wedding (feel sorry for this poor girl). The wedding costs more than she thought! Then she uses some kind of service which will guarantee the bike. Simply send them money supposedly held in escrow. They will ship the bike free!! WOW what a deal! You have 30 days to look at the bike, drive it,etc. Then the money will be sent to her!! So, I said, fine - I will buy it! My brother lives right in Washington, D.C. and will pick it up and give them the money, just give me the address.... Well, gosh, no further emails. I even offer "her" $500 more than she wanted, because I felt sorry for "her" - She never got back to me????
Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 - 250
Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:21 am quote
Came across a scam myself on craigslist. A 2008 400 for $1,500! http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/1945766722.html
2 listings about a week apart used the same picture but different email address.

I replied to both and received a request asking me for my address and full name. The first email came from Corporal Debra Huns the second from Corporal Linda Klinde.
Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super
Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:03 am quote
I'm usually good at sniffing out scams. This was 100% scam-tastic and it fooled me - crap. Here is the reply I got to my inquiry:

Hello,

Thanks for your response and interest in my scooter, is still for sale, in excellent condition both cosmetically as well as mechanically.
I got a new job in Italy and moved there so I'm using WalMart services to take care of this deal, smooth and safe. A friend of mine from New York took the scooter and left it there at the WalMart warehouse,in their custody.
The price includes shipping and insurance to your address and you will have 10 days of inspection.
If you want to proceed , reply me your full name and shipping address and i will begin the shipping through WalMart.
After that i will give you the tracking number so you can verify all the shipping information.

Note:When walmart will begin the shipping , you'll have 2 days to send the payment to WalMart so please feel free to ask me any questions.
Ossessionato

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:27 am quote
This is a very common scam that has been run on internet selling sites for the last six or seven years. I first saw it around 2003 on a BMW motorcycle site and it just keeps going on and on with people falling for it. Several months ago, a member of the BMWMOA website posted that his brother in law had wired $10,000 to someone who was selling a late model BMW that was worth $20 grand. He was asking if it was a scam and he received numerous replies that IT WAS. He told the brother inlaw who dismissed us as being jealous of his good fortune........then the scammer told him that he needed another $3k to get the bike released from customs.........and the fool sent him the extra $3k. These types of scams will continue as long as people remain ignorant and greedy.
Banned
GTS 250ie - SHINY YELLOW
Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:05 pm quote
XLR8 wrote:
This is a very common scam that has been run on internet
selling sites for the last six or seven years. I first saw it around 2003 on a
BMW motorcycle site and it just keeps going on and on with people falling
for it. Several months ago, a member of the BMWMOA website posted
that his brother in law had wired $10,000 to someone who was selling a
late model BMW that was worth $20 grand. He was asking if it was a
scam and he received numerous replies that IT WAS. He told the brother
inlaw who dismissed us as being jealous of his good fortune........then the
scammer told him that he needed another $3k to get the bike released
from customs.........and the fool sent him the extra $3k. These types of
scams will continue as long as people remain ignorant and greedy.
Hell, what did he expect? It's his Brother-in-law. The battle is on.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> For Sale / Wanted
[ Time: 0.1687s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0399s) ][ Debug on ]