Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
sprint
Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 am quote
tell me what you know since there isn't much information on the company
Hooked
3 2002 German PX200s, 1 PX150 with PX200 Crate motor
Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:40 am quote
Dan Motors
You may want to look at this photo Stream. dude has some harsh words for PT Dan Motors...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laprell_fontaine/2570905937/in/photostream/
sprint
Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:14 am quote
it didnt talk like at all about dan motors it mainly talked about boges and him rebuilding the motor
Hooked
Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 am quote
samiralqadhi wrote:
it didnt talk like at all about dan motors it mainly talked about boges and him rebuilding the motor
Under the picture of the Danmotor says...

P.T.DANMOTORS = TOTAL JUNK!!!!!
Banned
1961 VBB1T and now a 2009 MP3 400ie
Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 am quote
SanJoe wrote:
samiralqadhi wrote:
Under the picture of the Danmotor says...

P.T.DANMOTORS = TOTAL JUNK!!!!!
Seems you didn't quite understand what the guy was trying to say...I also thought the same thing for a moment as his style of writing is confusing:

"so i have to disagree with you that PT. Dan Motors=Total junk, most vespas in indonesia is Dan motors product and they are still running great! works great! and they will running great! But I agree with you that this vietnam "restored" vespa is a total junk! thanks a lot! cheers for all scooterist all over the world!
p.s i have 2 Dan Motors vespas on my flickr you're welcome to see it if you want"

He DISAGREED with the statement that "Dan Motors=Total junk" and goes on to praise them. Hope that helps.

"Whell" LOL
Ossessionato
a not so normal vbb2 '64
Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:49 pm quote
dan motor is similar with acma in france and allstate in usa also douglas in UK and not forget to mention motovespa in spain

its were a factory that produce type of vespa under piaggio licensed, dan mtoor started to produce from 1976 (correct me if i am wrong) and stop producing in 2006 (now the factory became kawasaki heavy industry, what a shame) due the fact that most youth and other biker in indoensia prefer to ride moped (yaiks) or a automatic scooter rather then a real scooter with shifting gears

in the life time of dan motor productive years they have produce

super 150 (1976-1989) trap head (similar with the euro super 150 but diferent in the headlamp)

sprint v 150 (1976-1989) trap head (similar with euro sprint veloce with 3 port and 20-20 carb but diferent in trap headlight but some also have giant round head)

vespa ps 150 (1989-80's) i am not familiar with this model but i know it have super 150 engine inside but bigger crankshaft and diffirent gear ratio but still have 8" tyre and not using trail link suspesnsion like other p series and the frame were already build with p series (although in first year this model still have glovebox in the left cowl and no turn signal and no battery) the last year they come out with turn signal, battery and spare tyre were under the left cowl similar with px 150 but have a giant square head

px 150 (1989-1986) this type where similar with p 150 across the globe but instead of round head this type have square head, and the first model werent aquip with turn signal and still using point until early 80's when they have acquire this model with cdi and battery for the turn signal and horn, and since the frist year this type use 10' tyre

exsklusif I (1986-1991) similar with px but have a buddy seat and headlight also the front fender (T5 front fender)

exslusive II (1991-2006) similar with type 1 just diferent in engine (excel engine but no elestart)

excel (1989-2006) identical with T% but have a p series engine with elestart

corsa (i dont know this type) this is the automatic version of dan motor scooter, i dont know much about this

special 90 cc (80's) smallie with 3rd gears

special 100cc (80's) smallie with 4th gears

i am hoping nino will help me by mention some model that i forget to add

ps: indonesia isnt vietnam u'll know it when u saw a map
Enthusiast
px 200 '99
Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 pm quote
im with you. can you guys stop hating on indonesia and bodge-calling everything. these guys just wanna have a good time on their bikes, indonesians are cool people. there are other places in this world than america. i travel to indo all the time to surf and those guys really have a crazy vespa scene, so what if they're not made of money at least they know how to have fun with their scoots.
Hooked
Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:35 pm quote
wesleyhannam wrote:
im with you. can you guys stop hating on indonesia and bodge-calling everything. these guys just wanna have a good time on their bikes, indonesians are cool people. there are other places in this world than america. i travel to indo all the time to surf and those guys really have a crazy vespa scene, so what if they're not made of money at least they know how to have fun with their scoots.
No one is hating Indo... I am living in PRC, China right now so your comment regarding America is off base. I was passing on the info I found on the web. No personal opinion here. Personally, I have no experience with DAN motors..
Ossessionato
ET2, PX150
Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 pm quote
wesleyhannam wrote:
I agree.....however the first people to tell you not to be an Indo bike on this forum would be our Indo members....as they have in the past.

just sayin....
Ossessionato
a not so normal vbb2 '64
Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:39 pm quote
i dont see hate here, just love for a vespa and why i post cause someone ask about dan motor and i have 1 vespa made my them (the red excel) it will be a jerk of me if i know the answer but didnt share it

about why i said indonesia isnt vietnam cause somehow some people still confused about the fact vietnam brought a bad name to south east asia with their bodge and i want to make clarification that eventhough indonesia were in south east asia we have our own factory so our bike would be diferent from other place in SE asia

sorry if i made some statement that indicate hate, i was all love for u guys and girls that share the same interest with and that is the not so modern vespa

so cheeer everyone
600cc Studley Vespa
Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:55 pm quote
koenig blues wrote:
i dont see hate here, just love for a vespa and why i post cause someone ask about dan motor and i have 1 vespa made my them (the red excel) it will be a jerk of me if i know the answer but didnt share it

about why i said indonesia isnt vietnam cause somehow some people still confused about the fact vietnam brought a bad name to south east asia with their bodge and i want to make clarification that eventhough indonesia were in south east asia we have our own factory so our bike would be diferent from other place in SE asia

sorry if i made some statement that indicate hate, i was all love for u guys and girls that share the same interest with and that is the not so modern vespa

so cheeer everyone
Is the pic of the p 100 TS a pic of a Waria? I detect a bulge...
Ossessionato
a not so normal vbb2 '64
Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:22 pm quote
mate u just make my day bright.. i laugh so hard for ur question, thats my friend were a pure girl back in early 80's not a she male thats just the way girl look that years i guess
600cc Studley Vespa
Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:35 pm quote
koenig blues wrote:
mate u just make my day bright.. i laugh so hard for ur question, thats my friend were a pure girl back in early 80's not a she male thats just the way girl look that years i guess
Oh OK. Thankfully they look better now.

My last trip to JKT I had to be careful of the Waria due to my excessive drinking ("that's a mighty big clit you have there darlin' ")

Ossessionato
a not so normal vbb2 '64
Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:47 pm quote
well mate i assume u should drink less from now in order to avoid waria.. i cant stop laugh seeing ur post and imagine waht would happen to u in thailand especially pattaya beach.. i am sorry but its funny u couldnt see the different between a real women and a she male

try avoid kuningan area and menteng at night in JKT or u'll bump with waria, they really good and no way u can tell either they a real women or not

ps: luckly my outfit were almost identicall with a priest so they wouldnt seduce me
600cc Studley Vespa
Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 am quote
koenig blues wrote:
well mate i assume u should drink less from now in order to avoid waria.. i cant stop laugh seeing ur post and imagine waht would happen to u in thailand especially pattaya beach.. i am sorry but its funny u couldnt see the different between a real women and a she male

try avoid kuningan area and menteng at night in JKT or u'll bump with waria, they really good and no way u can tell either they a real women or not

ps: luckly my outfit were almost identicall with a priest so they wouldnt seduce me
I will nevr visit Vertigo again while drunk, I swear.
sprint
Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:50 am quote
i believe my vespa is a dan motors vespa but i cant tell from what i see and have researched it may be

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

Hooked
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm quote
[/quote]

Is the pic of the p 100 TS a pic of a Waria? I detect a bulge...[/quote]

You're right... I think the "TS" in the picture stands for something...
Banned
Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:17 pm quote
Funk & Wagonwheels definition of SHIM:

She + Him = SHIM
Ossessionato
a not so normal vbb2 '64
Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:38 pm quote
samiralqadhi wrote:
i believe my vespa is a dan motors vespa but i cant tell from what i see and have researched it may be
yes the trap head for sprint were similar to danmotor sprint v or super (ur cowl box were supposed indicate that ur bike were sprint) but they dont have p series front glove box (someone add it for no good reason) and it seem something wrong with ur fork (kinna bent from pic) the seat were similar with me and its not the original seat for sprint in fact that where 80's p200 seat (similar with what i am currently using) for truth i think ur bike isnt in good shape (no offense but i dont see it quite happy) maybe u should strip it down and done total restoration to gave it back in shape

a reference for gave u more light
http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic67497?highlight=sprint
http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic48129
http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic58911?highlight=sprint

ps: where ur position and what the story behind the purchase of the bike
sprint
Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 pm quote
lol the story its my first vespa i have been wanting a vespa for some time now and have been searching what feels like the whole west cost looking for one i really wanted the super sport but throes very hard to find in this area

i found it on craigslist for 900 i knew that it needed work right off the bat and i knew with a bike that looked in not soo good shape it wasn't a bodge i purchased it about 3 weeks ago and it runs great my first order of business is to fix the front fork and get all new bearings then get all new gaskets and finally re pant it yellow or that blue color they came in

but all in all i love the hell out of it its cold as hell hear and i still ride it everywhere
Ossessionato
a not so normal vbb2 '64
Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:58 pm quote
first bike and u have a sprint, ur first story vespa was similar to me

about the sprint try to strip it down to metal and check for the tail section (some people tend to ruin that section with strong weld but lack of asthetic) assuming the head shape u have a sprint v with 3 port and 20-20 carb and while ur open the engine try to see wheter u have a large crankshaft or a small crankshaft if u have large ur sprint can run like a p series but if not its still a sprint v and one other think change that kickstart lever, it hurt my eyes as much it hurt my friend legs (not safety)

good luck with the project mate

ps: for my last word " dont buy vespa from indo "
sprint
Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:28 pm quote
how do i get it to run like a p
Ossessionato
a not so normal vbb2 '64
Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:31 pm quote
euro sprint v normally have 3 port and 20-20 carb but small crank shaft.. but danmotor produce bigger crank shaft for their sprint v from 1977-1979 if u have the large crank shaft it mean u have a danmotor sprint v 3 port with large crank shaft (this crank were supposed to be in p series, not in sprint v but for some reason danmotor put it in their sprint v)

ps: if u do have larger crank shaft put performance bearing inside and tell me is it still slow
600cc Studley Vespa
Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 pm quote
samiralqadhi wrote:
how do i get it to run like a p
Buy a P...
600cc Studley Vespa
Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:56 pm quote
SanJoe wrote:
Is the pic of the p 100 TS a pic of a Waria? I detect a bulge...[/quote]

You're right... I think the "TS" in the picture stands for something...[/quote]

The "TS" was my first clue, the adams apple was my second.

McGruff the ladyboy dog.
WHOoligan
1985 PX200 : 2007 GTS250 : 2010 GTS300
Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:41 pm quote
I dug these up on an Asian web site, some these scoots are cool and I would love to have a couple here in Cali just to blow some peoples minds.
Plus some the small frame accessories are really cool.

sprint
Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:02 pm quote
i want those handle bar grips where do you think i can order them
Hooked
Classic Vespas, Lambrettas and an Oddscoot. (Now Bella-free!)
Banned
Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:16 am quote
Those are cool as fock. Not completely clear if the listing is for one or a pair, but am thinking they mean one as they wrote "Comes as one piece"

The bit about "Pictures may look different" always bugs me. Nothing like buying mail order and receiving something different than what you thought you were going to get. Well, at least they're up front about it!
Px 125
Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 am quote
koenig blues wrote:
dan motor is similar with acma in france and allstate in usa also douglas in UK and not forget to mention motovespa in spain

its were a factory that produce type of vespa under piaggio licensed, dan mtoor started to produce from 1976 (correct me if i am wrong) and stop producing in 2006 (now the factory became kawasaki heavy industry, what a shame) due the fact that most youth and other biker in indoensia prefer to ride moped (yaiks) or a automatic scooter rather then a real scooter with shifting gears

in the life time of dan motor productive years they have produce

super 150 (1976-1989) trap head (similar with the euro super 150 but diferent in the headlamp)

sprint v 150 (1976-1989) trap head (similar with euro sprint veloce with 3 port and 20-20 carb but diferent in trap headlight but some also have giant round head)

vespa ps 150 (1989-80's) i am not familiar with this model but i know it have super 150 engine inside but bigger crankshaft and diffirent gear ratio but still have 8" tyre and not using trail link suspesnsion like other p series and the frame were already build with p series (although in first year this model still have glovebox in the left cowl and no turn signal and no battery) the last year they come out with turn signal, battery and spare tyre were under the left cowl similar with px 150 but have a giant square head

px 150 (1989-1986) this type where similar with p 150 across the globe but instead of round head this type have square head, and the first model werent aquip with turn signal and still using point until early 80's when they have acquire this model with cdi and battery for the turn signal and horn, and since the frist year this type use 10' tyre

exsklusif I (1986-1991) similar with px but have a buddy seat and headlight also the front fender (T5 front fender)

exslusive II (1991-2006) similar with type 1 just diferent in engine (excel engine but no elestart)

excel (1989-2006) identical with T% but have a p series engine with elestart

corsa (i dont know this type) this is the automatic version of dan motor scooter, i dont know much about this

special 90 cc (80's) smallie with 3rd gears

special 100cc (80's) smallie with 4th gears

i am hoping nino will help me by mention some model that i forget to add

ps: indonesia isnt vietnam u'll know it when u saw a map
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
hi Jim Rea here in Ireland, I'm looking for a exclusive 2 headlight, rectangle in shape, an you are the man to talk to, I sent my address before, can you help

image.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150
Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 am quote
Did those bar end lights come standard on any other market's ET3 or just the Indo ones? I haven't seen that before.
Lurker

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 pm quote
I think dan motors is good because i have owned ones. About bad reputation of vietnam restoration i think u should have a friend who is vietnamese because he or she will know which store is good. DO NOT BUY THE BIKE IN LY THAI TO STREET. Bike from here are completely junk.
nothing at all
Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm quote
astromags wrote:
Did those bar end lights come standard on any other market's ET3 or just the Indo ones? I haven't seen that before.
Japan and a couple other Asian markets.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150
Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:12 pm quote
Interesting.
Ossessionato
a not so normal vbb2 '64
Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 pm quote
Jim Rea wrote:
hi Jim Rea here in Ireland, I'm looking for a exclusive 2 headlight, rectangle in shape, an you are the man to talk to, I sent my address before, can you help
will do that, i am lost wheter u have a early px nor a ekslusif, now i know u need a top allow cast for a ekslusif II speedo, wait and i let u know the good news is a few days

have a nice day in Dublin and cheer mate
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.3562s ][ Queries: 35 (0.1538s) ][ Debug on ]