UTC

Ossessionato
BV 400 (21) , BV 350 (16) SOLD :( , Sprint 150 2015(SOLD), Liberty S150 2018

Ossessionato
@kdude avatar
BV 400 (21) , BV 350 (16) SOLD :( , Sprint 150 2015(SOLD), Liberty S150 2018
UTC quote
genie wrote:
the process of purchasing a house in England. Even with a substantial deposit (67% of the purchase price), a very good salary, and a reasonably priced house in my sights, the process has still been going on since February - and we're not even past the valuation phase yet. A huge spanner was thrown into the works very early on by a miserable b*stard of a surveyor who undervalued the property for no apparent reason, delaying the purchase by weeks and weeks while we compiled a lot of expensive (and unnecessary - the property is fine) structural and drainage reports. And now the bank has decided to drag their feet over the final valuation figure.

It's a complete, utter, total, clusterf*ck and it defies all common sense that purchasing a home should be this drawn-out, stressful, and difficult Livid emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon
Yup i know exactly what your saying... I'm in the process of doing the same thing and my bank just asked my for blood and my first born ! Crying or Very sad emoticon
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
I'm dreading selling this place in the UK - to buy a smaller one nearer the pub and get some capital back. It's going to be bloody complicated doing it long distance, even with a very close family friend being an estate agent.

Right now I'm laying a new carbonised bamboo floor in the living room. Actually quite interesting doing that, apart from sorting out the mess under the previous laminate flooring.
@superk2 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super - Beau, Honda CTX700 - Big Red

Addicted
@superk2 avatar
UTC quote
judy wrote:
K can you attach some ortho equipment to your bed? A trapeze would help. Just pull on it to get you up off the bed and then slide over.
I'm very mobile and fairly strong. But if I try to use the muscles in my left leg it is very painful and feels grindy in the repair area. I figure that probably isn't good so I'm going to take it easy until the doctor says otherwise. LOL. My Mom's suggestion was to use an engine hoist to lift my leg. I am usually very independent, so it is hard to let people help me. I'm sure there is a lesson in there that I'm supposed to be learning. Sigh.
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC quote
Feeling foolish about my little rant earlier on this thread. I just saw this bit of news from the first destination on next week's trip.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28019433

I'm guessing I'll have a message in my voicemail in the morning from our security officer telling me to postpone.

Looking at the photos of the carnage and then considering my earlier rant... I suddenly know what they mean by 'first world problems'.

Checking my privilege now.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
Reading comprehension. It always helps to, at least, read the first post. It may give you more information than the title and be more relevant to the discussion than the last post.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
I received a notice from the IRS a couple of months back saying I underpaid my taxes by $200. Seems that my investment guy hadn't categorized some of my retirement monies properly. Spoke with him, told me that the company would get on it, gave him my information. Had to sit on the line with the IRS to get TWO extensions as nothing was happening on my end.

Two days ago, finally get the corrected paperwork to send to the IRS, then realize I'd gone past my second extension. Faxed the paperwork in yesterday, then arrive home to see a registered letter from the IRS telling me that if I want to appeal, I now have to apply to the IRS tax court, and send them $60 for their troubles.

Great timing...my investment guy just called wanting to go over my portfolio...he got an earful. Promised they'd eat any filing fee and supposedly take care of it on their end. Really? Why didn't they do it when they had all my paperwork?

Mostly pissed at the investment people, but the IRS could make things just a bit easier too....really, for $200 bucks, they HAVE to do all this? I wonder about the folks I read about that have plenty of $$ and somehow to forget to pay taxes for a decade. How do they manage??
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
FLED i have to laugh at the senate hearings about the IRS. Sure,fair,yeah right. The big guys are finally seeing what us peons go thru and don't like it. The IRS told my friends they didn't pay enough taxes. Closed down their store in NYC and in the end the IRS was wrong. Store couldn't be reopened and they almost lost everything. IRS is TREPP don't beat yourself up. As much as i wanted to go to a few places in northern (eastern) Africa i wouldn't go and i have no fears about going into conflict areas.
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC quote
judy wrote:
TREPP don't beat yourself up. As much as i wanted to go to a few places in northern (eastern) Africa i wouldn't go and i have no fears about going into conflict areas.
Unfortunately, I don't get to pick and choose when it comes to my business trips. Many are to exotic places and some are to hell holes.

It turns out that despite the attack, my trip is going ahead, mostly as planned. I've had to cancel a trip outside the capital, and will have to hold my meetings at the hotel all week. I think the term is 'house arrest' in other contexts.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Laughing emoticon Yes it is and i can see why your going. I was like that in Venezuela. After i had a AK-47 drawn on me at 3am by a policeman at a checkpoint i wasn't happy. First place in the world i've felt like that. Got to Caracas and walked a block to get some food but stayed in my hostel. Which had bars on it. Never so glad to get out of a country in my life. I've met some bad asses and seen some Guerrillas and militant types over the years. All have been cool but Venezuela was a whole different ball game. I hate it when my antennas go up because i'm usually right. I knew how not to get stuff stolen but i felt sorry (sort of) for the kid who got 2k stolen from him. Idiot argued with the guy with the gun. Be safe my friend.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Mostly pissed at the investment people, but the IRS could make things just a bit easier too....really, for $200 bucks, they HAVE to do all this? I wonder about the folks I read about that have plenty of $$ and somehow to forget to pay taxes for a decade. How do they manage??
Remind me to tell the story of the $160,000 debt for a $125 tax. The offer and settlement is astounding. There is no common sense when it comes to the IRS.
@yayadave avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 500 - GTV250

Ossessionato
@yayadave avatar
MP3 500 - GTV250
UTC quote
SuperK2 wrote:
More whining. I dont like my CPM (continuous positive motion). It doesnt hurt when my leg is in it, but it keeps me awake later that night. BooHoo, I know.
Could you put Dr. Pulleys in that CPM?
@superk2 avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@superk2 avatar
UTC quote
YaYaDave wrote:
SuperK2 wrote:
More whining. I dont like my CPM (continuous positive motion). It doesnt hurt when my leg is in it, but it keeps me awake later that night. BooHoo, I know.
Could you put Dr. Pulleys in that CPM?
It is a rental. The company that rents them out is very narrow minded about people mod'ing out their equipment.
@vyatka avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'61 GS150Cushman '63 GS160, '74 Primavera, '77 Rally 200,'80 P200E '05 PX150,'13 946,'64 Vyatka VP150,'77 Vyatka-Elektron,'07 GTS250, '63Tula200M

Molto Verboso
@vyatka avatar
'61 GS150Cushman '63 GS160, '74 Primavera, '77 Rally 200,'80 P200E '05 PX150,'13 946,'64 Vyatka VP150,'77 Vyatka-Elektron,'07 GTS250, '63Tula200M
UTC quote
The wife.
@dmpawley avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 GTS 300 i.e.

Ossessionato
@dmpawley avatar
2013 GTS 300 i.e.
UTC quote
Menhir wrote:
Quick Change Oil places that...

Send some drone running around your car checking all your lights, fluids, filters, wipers, and anything else that can possibly be replaced, show you how bad/old/dirty it is, and try to get you to purchase new one "while they're at it."

I'm very resistant to these sale tactics, but I'm getting verily annoyed with someone waving a perfectly clean air filter outside my window and telling me it's way overdue for replacement.

Or that my rear turn signal is out and they'll just pop in a new one for $35.00 while I'm sitting there (and can't get out of my car to see for myself).

That my transmission fluid needs flushed. "When was the last time you had that done, Sir?"

"You know, how about I just put in our ExclusiveSuperPremiumDeluxeUnobtaniumInfusedSythesizedSynthetic Motor Oil? It's more expensive, yes, but it's really what's recommended for your car."

And they haven't even begun to change the oil.
Yeah, I feel you. I try to avoid those places, but once in a while I go there. When I pull up I tell them oil change and filter only. They keep saying 'deluxe blah blah blah?' And I keep saying oil and filter only.

Inevitably, someone come up to me with the air filter and tells me how bad it is. I ask them what percentage efficiency it's currently at and I get a blank stare. The last time I whacked it on their floor and handed it back to the kid and said, 'there you go; good as new'.

I hate those places.
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!
UTC quote
vyatka wrote:
The wife.
what she done?
@superk2 avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@superk2 avatar
UTC quote
The bad cat owners who live around here and let their cats roam free. Free to crap in our garden and free to mark the cover of our BBQ. Don't get me wrong, I like cats, I just don't want to clean up after someone else's pet. If I want to clean up after a pet, I'll get my own.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
SuperK2 wrote:
The bad cat owners who live around here and let their cats roam free. Free to crap in our garden and free to mark the cover of our BBQ. Don't get me wrong, I like cats, I just don't want to clean up after someone else's pet. If I want to clean up after a pet, I'll get my own.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07/08/cat_o_bolt/
Quote:
Reg reader fires up Pi-powered anti-cat garden sprinkler system.

Crap in my begonias? Oh no you don't, you furry little sod!
@pau_hana avatar
UTC

Banned
2008 gts 250

Banned
@pau_hana avatar
2008 gts 250
UTC quote
what's pissing me off is, that i can't tell you what's pissing me off, cause evidently, my karma already sucks!
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC quote
Re: karma
PAU HANA wrote:
what's pissing me off is, that i can't tell you what's pissing me off, cause evidently, my karma already sucks!
Some of the people with the best karma on MV once had a bit of a karma deficit. The trick is once you figure out you are in a hole, having the good sense to stop digging.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
PAU HANA wrote:
Suck harder.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
$750,000 to the nursing home and left with $20 a month. Happy 90th birthday.
@pau_hana avatar
UTC

Banned
2008 gts 250

Banned
@pau_hana avatar
2008 gts 250
UTC quote
tomjasz wrote:
PAU HANA wrote:
Suck harder.
right on--workin' on it.
@pau_hana avatar
UTC

Banned
2008 gts 250

Banned
@pau_hana avatar
2008 gts 250
UTC quote
Treppenwitz wrote:
PAU HANA wrote:
Some of the people with the best karma on MV once had a bit of a karma deficit. The trick is once you figure out you are in a hole, having the good sense to stop digging.
first i got to figger out what the hell karma means
@pau_hana avatar
UTC

Banned
2008 gts 250

Banned
@pau_hana avatar
2008 gts 250
UTC quote
tomjasz wrote:
$750,000 to the nursing home and left with $20 a month. Happy 90th birthday.
nice to see an old guy with such a smiley face
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
PAU HANA wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
PAU HANA wrote:
This here is a good thread to post random shit.
Other places, not so much.
@pau_hana avatar
UTC

Banned
2008 gts 250

Banned
@pau_hana avatar
2008 gts 250
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
PAU HANA wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
PAU HANA wrote:
This here is a good thread to post random shit.
Other places, not so much.
I AGREE, that's what I thought. That's what pisses me off too Nerd emoticon

But then I saw the "weird shit" thread and got all confused, I guess I need more guidance.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
That Pau got banned. So he has a weird sense of humor. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see where he did anything that bad to warrant a ban. He got a pos on his first post. Probably get a neg for this but I liked him and feel he shouldn't of gotten banned so quickly. Paul my email is in my info. Sorry you got banned. Newbies don't know all the history behind things.Unless they've attacked somebody personally or said something vile or racist they should be educated not banned.
@rajawali avatar
UTC

Hooked
gts3001212

Hooked
@rajawali avatar
gts3001212
UTC quote
hi
saw lots of cat fur left over @ the handle of my maxi scooter c650gt.really piss me off.looks like the culling season has started prematurely with immediate effect.kill kill kill.
@davetcg avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 Vespa GTS 250 - VintageRed

Hooked
@davetcg avatar
2007 Vespa GTS 250 - VintageRed
UTC quote
PAU HANA wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
PAU HANA wrote:
I'm not sure what it is either, but I think it's the INSTANT KARMA you have to worry about, because from what I've heard, "It's gonna get you"
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
It got him.

I'm pissed off at members who should know better moaning about moderators' decisions when they haven't been witness to more than a fraction of the whole story.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Jim ive been around a long while and can usually always tell by their posting (i read them all, from start to finish ) why they got banned. Didn't see anything in his. I know something always goes on behind the scenes,i get it but this one had me stumped. So pile on the neg karma. Sad that you can't even say what's on your mind about something without getting dinged. Wasn't even anything "bad" either. Just saying i was pissed.
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
Schizoid man..
Agreeing with both sides of an 'argument'
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Laughing emoticon Your the Switzerland of the forum. Laughing emoticon My cell carrier is really the one thing that's pissing me off. I get that they have to upgrade the towers (which their doing, mines on the mtn i can see from my condo) but at least inform us of what your doing. Had my phones checked because i didn't know about the updates and making a call is pure torture. 4 dropped calls to a friend the other day. Then i get a email that their done,NOT. Won't be until fall at the very least. I did get some credit back against my bill but i couldn't use my phone in an emergency a few months ago. I never worried about phones but now that i have one and pay good money for service, i want it to work.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Just saying i was pissed.
If you'd just said that, that would have glided under the radar. However you then elaborated and wrote:
Quote:
I liked him and feel he shouldn't of gotten banned so quickly.
Frankly, it's not your place to question moderators' decisions in public, and Jess has made it plain in the past that he has zero tolerance for that.

Time to stop digging.
@snappa avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa T5 Classic

Hooked
@snappa avatar
Vespa T5 Classic
UTC quote
High horses...and rain.
@flordian avatar
UTC

Rocket Man
GTS 300 ABS 'Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)

Rocket Man
@flordian avatar
GTS 300 ABS 'Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)
UTC quote
Can't ride Sunday
Damn, thought I would be able to hook up with another MV'r for a ride on Sunday. But, noooo. Was informed by my wife last night that she had already planned on us taking the Grandkids to Universal Studios to see that new Harry Potter thing. It just opened on Tuesday. The new attraction there has been averaging over 450 minutes wait time. That's crazy! And, I don't get it. Who the hell is this Potter guy?

Thank you honey for asking me first. I'm absolutely thrilled to do this.
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
I'm dreading selling this place in the UK - to buy a smaller one nearer the pub and get some capital back. It's going to be bloody complicated doing it long distance, even with a very close family friend being an estate agent.
the sellers who i am buying from also have a flat which they need to sell before finally buying a new place closer to their families. i really feel for them right now. my mortgage has just gone through after 'only' four months, but apparently this is the new normal
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
Decaf Kofi
judy wrote:
Laughing emoticon Your the Switzerland of the forum. Laughing emoticon
Tell me about it..

I could well do without the splintery wedgie that comes from too much sitting on the fence though Laughing emoticon
@rkcoker avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio BV350

Addicted
@rkcoker avatar
Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
When otherwise very nice people use "Awesome" as a conjunction, adjective,exclamation. In other words, every other word is "Awesome"!
Gets on my nerves. And I'm down to my last two.
Razz emoticon
@flordian avatar
UTC

Rocket Man

Rocket Man
@flordian avatar
UTC quote
rkcoker wrote:
When otherwise very nice people use "Awesome" as a conjunction, adjective,exclamation. In other words, every other word is "Awesome"!
Gets on my nerves. And I'm down to my last two.
Razz emoticon
How about ending every sentence with "ya know what I mean?"
I screw with them and follow their question with a "No".
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 1.6168s ][ Queries: 43 (1.5745s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]