UTC

Addicted
Vespa 946,Yamaha Vino

Addicted
@acejones avatar
Vespa 946,Yamaha Vino
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Figured i'd get my flu shot before i leave for the mainland. Been getting them for years. So wed i get it. Yesterday after my walk and breakfast i didn't feel good. Took a 4hr nap and woke up with every symptom of the flu,including a 101 fever.
Probably your breakfast.
@rkcoker avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio BV350

Addicted
@rkcoker avatar
Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
SuperK2 wrote:
Last night I'm laying in bed trying to sleep. Bear in mind that I'm still healing from my broken leg. Out of the corner of my eye I see movement. That is weird because we don't have pets. So I look. There is a huge wolf spider. IN. MY. BED. At this point there may have been some shrieking involved. It proceeds to run up under one my pillows. The pillow gets hurled across the room. Then I have to put my leg brace back on so I can chase the fecker down. I ended up locating it and crushed it with my crutch of DEATH! Then I really couldn't fall asleep because I had to remain vigilant under the spider attack.

I know all houses have spiders and at this time of the year the come out of hiding because they are looking for mates. Notice to all sex crazed spiders in my house: I am willing to live peacefully with you under the following conditions.
1. I don't want to see you.
2. I don't want to feel you.
3. The bedroom is the DEATH ZONE. If I see you in my bedroom I will hunt you down and kill you. Your body will be left as a warning to all other spiders.
4. Do not mistake my brace or crutches as weakness. You will not win.
5. Any violation of these conditions is DEATH. Yours. Not mine.
You made me spit coffe out my nose!!! ROFL emoticon
@rkcoker avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio BV350

Addicted
@rkcoker avatar
Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
^^^^^^^^
Coffee, that is.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
ACE granola? Wonder what the Cali people put in it? Laughing emoticon
@vespinado avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'12 GTS 300 Super

Molto Verboso
@vespinado avatar
'12 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Somebody backed into the Fly at work. Knocked it over. It did considerable damage. The left a note with contact info. I called. The guy answered, but said he was at work and would call back later with insurance info. That was last week. I've called three times and left messages. Haven't heard anything. What a hassle.

What are my options?
@mobilia avatar
UTC

Hooked
2015 Vespa Primavera Marrone Crete Senesi

Hooked
@mobilia avatar
2015 Vespa Primavera Marrone Crete Senesi
UTC quote
Certain "co-workers" who take as much time writing an e-mail asking you "if something is fixed", rather than taking the same time the e-mail takes to test the fix themselves.

Same goes for qeustions like: Hey, that fixed a customer problem, now the customer wants to know what line of code we fixed...we have to be responsive!!!

Arrrrgh....
@gromitdaddy avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa LX50 "Lil Piggy"

Addicted
@gromitdaddy avatar
Vespa LX50 "Lil Piggy"
UTC quote
Umm... Everything. .
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
UTC quote
jobsworth rubbish collectors who refuse to take your rubbish because it's in the wrong colour bag

it's going into a flipping landfill! who cares if it's in a black bag or a green bag???
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Why do my arm pits smell like cat pee?
@ducatiss avatar
UTC

Addicted
1979 P200E, 2006 Piaggio Fly 150, 2010 GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@ducatiss avatar
1979 P200E, 2006 Piaggio Fly 150, 2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
The P200E on craigslist that sold before I could get off work.
@mr_fish avatar
UTC

Addicted
bv 350/CB5ooX

Addicted
@mr_fish avatar
bv 350/CB5ooX
UTC quote
Today Im pissed off because my garage is going to take longer than I thought to get finished.......so have to wait even longer to buy my GTS .......grrrrrrrr
@qorray1968 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2015 Vespa Sprint 150ie 3V

Hooked
@qorray1968 avatar
UTC quote
vespinado wrote:
Somebody backed into the Fly at work. Knocked it over. It did considerable damage. The left a note with contact info. I called. The guy answered, but said he was at work and would call back later with insurance info. That was last week. I've called three times and left messages. Haven't heard anything. What a hassle.

What are my options?
Keep calling!!!! Try to find out who he is through the phone #. Q
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS
UTC quote
vespinado wrote:
Somebody backed into the Fly at work. ...

What are my options?
OK, am I the only person who giggled at this post?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
So I get an email from one of my US banks today - to confirm my 'email preferences'. A genuine email, no problem. Not much of a problem to start with (it was an HTML email, and my email client is deliberately plain-text only, so I had to copy a link and then paste into a browser) but then a spotted a flash of a URL containing my email address before the URL appeared more 'generic'.

So I go back, click on the link again, stop the browser in its tracks, and yes, there's my email address in the URL. Oops, naughty bank.

I experiment. I change the email address in the link to another one - and it allows me to set up email 'preferences' for an email address of mine that I *know* that bank has never, ever seen before. And that address immediately gets an email from that bank.

Ye Gods!

Spammer's delight.

So I try to contact the bank in question - yes there's a dedicated number for 'fraud and security' - but no email address. So I phone the number, and it goes into the exact same queue as any customer service enquiry. Oh dear.

I eventually do speak to a 'banker' (that was the polite term the bank used for their employees) who told me in no uncertain terms that as there was no way I could have compromised anyone's account, there was no problem.

Huh?

They've given out a URL whereby I can sign up anyone whose email address I know (or guess, or feed through a dictionary attack) with all their marketing emails. I suppose they are gleeful they are so stupidly opening themselves to be labelled as spammers.

What worries me more is that if they are so lax in this, there might easily be other 'fleeting' URLs in their server's repertoire that might be more dangerous. Who knows, there's no way apparently to contact their IT folk by email, and it seems they don't care anyway.

Pissed off with the 'don't give a shit' attitude of corporates wrt OUR personal info and security.
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned
3:5

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
3:5
UTC quote
get thee behind me adobe
The other day I needed to fill out a PDF that used a submit button to send the data in. I normally don't let adobe near my computer (except for photoshop and illustrator) but acrobat pro seemed to lack was this form was looking for.

So I install adobe reader and still no luck.

Now I get update manager nagging me and it's taken over my browser for displaying PDFs... FUCK YOU ADOBE.

I uninstalled everything adobe, all of it, I'm done!
@sheridat avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 LT SPORT ABS/ASR

Molto Verboso
@sheridat avatar
MP3 500 LT SPORT ABS/ASR
UTC quote
Gravestone
MY grandma brought my elder brother and I up. She died 14 years ago and we buried her as per her wishes in the same plot as her nephew.

The church even then was in a relative wilderness. I passed it on my scoot recently and went in to pay my respects to my Uncle and Nana. I hadn't been since the funeral so I was shocked to discover that the gravestone made no mention of my Nana and it was in a pretty bad way. Someone older than me was supposed to have taken care of that.

I took a photo of the gravestone and contacted several places regarding having the gravestone restored and an additional inscription carved into it. The people doing the work advised me earlier in the week they had finished it.

Went today to view it and whilst I am happy that it now shows my Nana's details the restoration of the original inscription doesn't seem great to me given that the cost is circa £500.

I am picky - but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as I was hoping - nothing ever seems to go right and I now feel i did the wrong thing trying to do the right thing.
The original
The original
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS
UTC quote
I'm getting really sick of HP Printer business model (formerly known as the Gillette model). $69 for set of ink cartridges for a $125 printer and I can't even buy them in the combination I want. I would buy all XL if I could because I hate running out, but the 'kit' has XL for only the black and if you buy them individually you can get XL for the colors but NOT the black so I can either get XL, XL, XL, S or XL, S, S, S but not XLXLXLXL.

Decent printers, but overall cost of ownership sucks.

BTW, can you find a less earth-friendly way of packaging the cartridges? The total volume of the cartridges themselves; maybe 8 Cu inches. Volume of the package; 84 cu inches - I kid you not.
@wheelz avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 GTS 300 super, 2009 Genuine rattler 110

Hooked
@wheelz avatar
2010 GTS 300 super, 2009 Genuine rattler 110
UTC quote
lomunchi wrote:
I'm getting really sick of HP Printer business model (formerly known as the Gillette model). $69 for set of ink cartridges for a $125 printer and I can't even buy them in the combination I want. I would buy all XL if I could because I hate running out, but the 'kit' has XL for only the black and if you buy them individually you can get XL for the colors but NOT the black so I can either get XL, XL, XL, S or XL, S, S, S but not XLXLXLXL.

BTW, can you find a less earth-friendly way of packaging the cartridges? The total volume of the cartridges themselves; maybe 8 Cu inches. Volume of the package; 84 cu inches - I kid you not.
And you can keep all the extra "free" postcard/photo paper you keep throwing in, cause it all goes in the garbage after awhile Headache emoticon
@joedevola avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa LX150ie, 2007 GTS250ie, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1989 BMW K100RS

Molto Verboso
@joedevola avatar
2009 Vespa LX150ie, 2007 GTS250ie, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1989 BMW K100RS
UTC quote
lomunchi wrote:

Get a continuous ink system
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
UTC quote
genie wrote:
jobsworth rubbish collectors who refuse to take your rubbish because it's in the wrong colour bag

it's going into a flipping landfill! who cares if it's in a black bag or a green bag???
I remember a few years before we left the US, one of the big manufacturers of garbage bags decided to try to duplicate the success they'd had with the Halloween season orange colored trash bags (they had a big carved pumpkin face printed on them).

But when they sold the boxes containing festive alternating Green and Red garbage bags for the Christmas season, they didn't think it all the way through. The trash collectors wouldn't touch the red ones since red bags denote medical waste, and requires special handling/permits.

Can't imagine why they'd have a problem with black vs green, though.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Green bags denote garden waste in many UK locations, which have a separate collection for composting.
@evilnerdlord avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 Stella

Hooked
@evilnerdlord avatar
2012 Stella
UTC quote
I can't see to find that Damn electrical bug that's making my horn intermittent, simple circuit... power into horn, out to switch, press...closes to ground... only thing...power into horn, none out, took it Reilly's, they hooked it to a battery and it worked, took it home...nothing, not even power now. Crying or Very sad emoticon otherwise scoot runs like a top.
@retroguy avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1974 V90

Molto Verboso
@retroguy avatar
1974 V90
UTC quote
Re: Gravestone
sheridat wrote:
MY grandma brought my elder brother and I up. She died 14 years ago and we buried her as per her wishes in the same plot as her nephew.

The church even then was in a relative wilderness. I passed it on my scoot recently and went in to pay my respects to my Uncle and Nana. I hadn't been since the funeral so I was shocked to discover that the gravestone made no mention of my Nana and it was in a pretty bad way. Someone older than me was supposed to have taken care of that.

I took a photo of the gravestone and contacted several places regarding having the gravestone restored and an additional inscription carved into it. The people doing the work advised me earlier in the week they had finished it.

Went today to view it and whilst I am happy that it now shows my Nana's details the restoration of the original inscription doesn't seem great to me given that the cost is circa £500.

I am picky - but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as I was hoping - nothing ever seems to go right and I now feel i did the wrong thing trying to do the right thing.
It am having a difficult time figuring out what you don't like about it and a more difficult time understanding why you think you made a mistake. I think it it looks beautiful. The darker polish marks around all the letters will fade and match the rest of the stone and the addition of your Nana 's engraving looks identical. What a amazing thing you did , stepping in and honoring your Nana.
Best post I read since starting this forum
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
EvilNerdLord wrote:
I can't see to find that Damn electrical bug that's making my horn intermittent, simple circuit... power into horn, out to switch, press...closes to ground... only thing...power into horn, none out, took it Reilly's, they hooked it to a battery and it worked, took it home...nothing, not even power now. Crying or Very sad emoticon otherwise scoot runs like a top.
How are you testing for power? If with a digital multimeter you may be misleading yourself. Use an old headlight bulb (only high-beam left maybe?) and test you get current flow, not just volts present - which could be via a high resistance.
@sheridat avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 LT SPORT ABS/ASR

Molto Verboso
@sheridat avatar
MP3 500 LT SPORT ABS/ASR
UTC quote
Retroguy wrote:
sheridat wrote:

It am having a difficult time figuring out what you don't like about it and a more difficult time understanding why you think you made a mistake. I think it it looks beautiful. The darker polish marks around all the letters will fade and match the rest of the stone and the addition of your Nana 's engraving looks identical. What a amazing thing you did , stepping in and honoring your Nana.
The thing I don't like about it is what I suppose is best described as the smudging around the original inscription. "Flordian" aka Snoopy's dad wrote to me and explained why that has happened and I have spoken to the masons involved who say they can improve it and will do so. I am hoping time and the exposed weather will make the whole thing blend together.

Regarding doing the wrong thing - I considered getting a new headstone and I partially regret not having done so - but that caused some other conflicting emotions - my Nana bought the original one.

Thank You for those very kind words
@honeybadger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 (2) MotoGuzzi California 1400

Molto Verboso
@honeybadger avatar
MP3 500 (2) MotoGuzzi California 1400
UTC quote
Sheridat.

You did it Beautifully. You offered up so much respect, and that is incredible.

I think the headstone looks VERY right. If you find spots that catch your eye, then just remember that one of the coolest parts of life is how perfectly imperfect it all is.

Best wishes on you and your family. Beautiful work. Clap emoticon
@evilnerdlord avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 Stella

Hooked
@evilnerdlord avatar
2012 Stella
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
EvilNerdLord wrote:
How are you testing for power? If with a digital multimeter you may be misleading yourself. Use an old headlight bulb (only high-beam left maybe?) and test you get current flow, not just volts present - which could be via a high resistance.
multimeter...
everything else works fine...turns, hi/lo, brake...even that annoying sound when you hit a turn signal...it's just the horn that buggering things.
@retroguy avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1974 V90

Molto Verboso
@retroguy avatar
1974 V90
UTC quote
sheridat wrote:
Retroguy wrote:
sheridat wrote:

The thing I don't like about it is what I suppose is best described as the smudging around the original inscription. "Flordian" aka Snoopy's dad wrote to me and explained why that has happened and I have spoken to the masons involved who say they can improve it and will do so. I am hoping time and the exposed weather will make the whole thing blend together.

Regarding doing the wrong thing - I considered getting a new headstone and I partially regret not having done so - but that caused some other conflicting emotions - my Nana bought the original one.

Thank You for those very kind words
Yes I really think exposure will help and you absolutely made the best choice keeping the original stone. It's very similar to why members here always push to keep the scooter original and nit repaint. Those "smudges" although will fade in time , tell a story about what an amazing thing you did.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
can't stand
European adverts dubbed into English when the lips and words don'y sync up.

I hate that.

Bill x
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
glaze
People who continue to wear sunglasses in doors.

They piss me off.

Bill x
@qorray1968 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@qorray1968 avatar
UTC quote
Runners knee! Q
@sheridat avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 LT SPORT ABS/ASR

Molto Verboso
@sheridat avatar
MP3 500 LT SPORT ABS/ASR
UTC quote
Gravestone
Glad to be able to report back that the Gravestone is now much much better.

The masons have done their magic and it now is a wonderful tribute to both my Uncle and Nana.

Thank you everyone for such kind thoughts.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Green bags denote garden waste in many UK locations, which have a separate collection for composting.
Yup and becoming more popular since cities discovered that 50-60% of the volume of their landfill from affluent neighborhoods was green waste. I'm amazed that folks still mow and bag lawns. Put down fertilizer to green up and then bag it up and put it to a landfill. Especially egregious in desert communities where desert is considered waste land by many.

I'm watching and reading bits of Genie's transition with some humor. Amazing what a difference there is between communities and lifestyles.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
sheridat wrote:
Glad to be able to report back that the Gravestone is now much much better.

The masons have done their magic and it now is a wonderful tribute to both my Uncle and Nana.

Thank you everyone for such kind thoughts.
Sadly more and more cemeteries are falling into disrepair. Here once beautiful plots now depend on volunteers to have any semblance of respect for those passed.

You're a good man for getting this done!
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
Talk to your wife BEFORE you commit to buy! K?
@mnnm avatar
UTC

Vespa Primavera

@mnnm avatar
Vespa Primavera
UTC quote
Scammers
Frustrating the hell out of me that, for over a month, the only responses to a 'Vespa For Sale' ad have been scammers wanting to know all about my PayPal account but nothing about the scooter. Fucking fuckers!
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS 300 SS

Enthusiast
GTS 300 SS
UTC quote
What´s pissing me off today? Having guests tomorrow from Poland to guide them and actually wanted to say good morning in the country's language. Sitting here for donkey's years trying to pronounce "dzién dobry wszystkim". Such wonderful people as these, an such a knotty language ...
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS
UTC quote
franwar wrote:
What´s pissing me off today? Having guests tomorrow from Poland to guide them and actually wanted to say good morning in the country's language. Sitting here for donkey's years trying to pronounce "dzién dobry wszystkim". Such wonderful people as these, an such a knotty language ...
It could be worse... they could be Finish!
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
It's October 7, and I rode in to work today.

Froze my @$$ off, even with windproof pants (among other things...).

It is very likely that, as far as riding into work, 2014 is in the books.
Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon

Got to get me some better gear for next year.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
It's October 7, and I rode in to work today.

Froze my @$$ off, even with windproof pants (among other things...).

It is very likely that, as far as riding into work, 2014 is in the books.
Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon

Got to get me some better gear for next year.
That stinks. It's still pretty nice weather otherwise. Not sure what you're wearing.... I bought Tourmaster Flex pants two years ago that are perhaps overkill for my 5 mile commute, but they keep me cosy down to freezing, and that's without the waterproof layer. Went for them as one of few choices for long legs.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.6083s ][ Queries: 44 (0.5670s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]