Mp3 500 / Fuoco Engine Coolant and Hose Clamp Replacement
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki
NOTE: This topic has a wiki article associated with it. You may view it here.
Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:19 am quote
Created article Mp3 500 / Fuoco Engine Coolant and Hose Clamp Replacement

(This message was automatically generated)
MP 3 250
Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:08 pm quote
Mp3 500 / Fuoco Engine Coolant and Hose Clamp Replacement
Great article. Only change I would suggest is to delete the reference to the Dremel. A screwdriver is all it takes to pry off the factory crimp clamps over the hoses. I would only use a Dremel as a last resort.

Personally I also think that the factory replacement schedule of every two years is BS designed to increase the service revenue of the dealers. With the new modern coolants, when was the last time you changed the coolant in your car? My cage is a Lexus RX300 and the coolant was first changed when the water pump was replaced at 125000 miles and it was fine. I just bought a 2007 MP3 250 that apparently never had its coolant changed. It was clean as the day it was new. IMHO changing the oil in the motor and transmission at spec, checking brake fluid, brake pad wear, and the level of coolant is important, changing coolant and other non wear fluids slavishly to the Manufacturer spec, not so much.
Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:17 pm quote
Wiki Article Pics
Picture url placeholders
MP3 500
Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:17 pm quote
Relating to this maintenance - without derailing the thread. There has been documentation of weeping at the water pump cover on the 500's. It seems that this would be a great time to address this issue. My question is that I have found both an o-ring and a gasket shown as a seal for this cover. And I have actually purchased both in anticipation of working on the cover issue, not knowing until I pull mine off what type of seal exists on my machine. There isn't any apparent gasket material showing around the cover on my bike however. For me, the weeping happens infrequently and only consists of a couple of drops. Not even enough to make a little puddle on the floor. But there are telltale signs of liquid coming from the bottom of the cover. Is there anyone that can provide some insight into the parts listing of an o-ring and a gasket? What is the ultimate fix?
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
NOTE: This topic has a wiki article associated with it. You may view it here.
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki
[ Time: 0.5069s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0960s) ][ Debug on ]