OP
@ifixjets avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
01 ET2 - 01 ET4 -- 05 GT200L / 05 PX150 / 1986? Honda CH150 Deluxe.

Ossessionato
@ifixjets avatar
UTC quote
It's been almost a month since I have been on the scoot, the flu and rain have keep me off work and the GT. I started it up today and it would not idle well at all until it warmed up. While riding, it seemed sluggish and sputtered on occaision on my 60 mile ride today. When I got home, I cleaned the Air Filter, I have just 3,509 miles on it now and the service manual says just blow the dust out at 3750 miles. I completly cleaned it and what a differance, runs just like new again. I have attached a few pics of the filter after it was removed.

The service manual says to clean the filter every 7,452 miles or 12,000 km. Wash with water and shampoo, dry with light jets of compreessed air and wipe with a clean cloth. Soak with a 50% mixture ( use Selenia Air Filter Oil ) Let the filtering element drip and squeeze it with hands with out wringing it. Replace the filtering Element.
Filter cover and filter removed.....
Filter cover and filter removed.....
The filter and outer cover with hardware....
The filter and outer cover with hardware....
@beale avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(

Ossessionato
@beale avatar
None! I sold it :(
UTC quote
I have not tried that yet. Is it very difficult to take off the bike? The filter oil, can that be found at say Advanced Auto, or do you get it from the dealer? I have 4300 miles on mine, probably time to clean the filter, Beale.
OP
@ifixjets avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ifixjets avatar
UTC quote
I am sure you could find some filter oil at a local cycle shop. The filter is easy to get to but the two fasteners with the knobs on them are a pain to remove and install. I have big fingers and it is not easy to grip them. LOL. I was really surprised how well it idled and ran after it was cleaned.

I rode to work this morning and encountered heavy fog on the 405 fwy in Long Beach. I have the tall windscreen and I wish it had a wiper ! I just used my hand, only had to do it a few times. I'll keep a rag handy for the next morning commute. Happy Riding, Bear.
⚠️ Last edited by Ifixjets on UTC; edited 1 time
@mesmer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GT200

Molto Verboso
@mesmer avatar
GT200
UTC quote
I fly Electric RC. Haven't flown in quite a few months, but look forward to getting back into it this summer.
OP
@ifixjets avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ifixjets avatar
UTC quote
Last year I got into Electrics too, they have been fun. I can fly in my front yard.
@mesmer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GT200

Molto Verboso
@mesmer avatar
GT200
UTC quote
get an electric micro helicopter and you can fly in your living room
@dougandmichelle avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
None. Maybe again someday when Michelle won't worry.

Molto Verboso
@dougandmichelle avatar
None. Maybe again someday when Michelle won't worry.
UTC quote
I've been flying r/c for 25 yrs off and on. I just got into the e-flite blade helicopter and love it. I had never done helicopters before and man what a challenge but sure is fun.
@bryce-o-rama avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Peugeot Looxor

Ossessionato
@bryce-o-rama avatar
Peugeot Looxor
UTC quote
My brother, and his soon to be father-in-law and brothers-in-law all got E-Flite helicopters for Christmas. My mom is going to get herself one now. They are super fun, and one of these days I'll probably get one. It's likely to be the closest I'll come to flying a real one.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0572s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0320s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]