Side Car
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports Previous12
Author Message
Ossessionato
Many
Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 3325

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:43 pm quote
Jed & I went on a 1.5 hour training mission today as neither of us have sidecar experience, while my wife Carol flew chase. I took along a point and shoot camera and here are some snapshots.

bg-6.jpg

bg-5.jpg

bg-4.jpg

bg-3.jpg

bg-2.jpg

bg-1.jpg

Molto Verboso
GT200
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Posts: 1208

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:55 pm quote
Kick ass! Thanks for the opportunity to take your new rig out for a spin. It was a great upper body workout. It was frickin' COLD on the way home to Napa though. brrrrrr... I look forward to the next outing.
Ossessionato
Piaggio BV 250
Joined: 01 Jul 2006
Posts: 2348
Location: Alameda, CA
Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:07 pm quote
Gorgeous shots!

Those are awesome!

Love them!! Damn, makes me want one!
Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Posts: 6952
Location: Portland, OR
Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:09 pm quote
Curt, what a beautiful rig! The white's gorgeous.

Now, along with all those modulators, will you be adding some reflective striping to the sidecar itself....? white-on-white?

Ciao,

--Deborah
Ossessionato
Many
Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 3325

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:23 pm quote
jridg wrote:
Gorgeous shots!

Those are awesome!

Love them!! Damn, makes me want one!
If your ever in the area come on over and we will take it out for a spin and see how you would like driving one.
pdxvespa wrote:
Curt, what a beautiful rig! The white's gorgeous.

Now, along with all those modulators, will you be adding some reflective striping to the sidecar itself....? white-on-white?

Ciao,

--Deborah
First I'm looking at putting light on the rig but I do like your white on white idea. Maybe by the time I get up there for AmeriVespa I will have her decorated more.
Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Posts: 6952
Location: Portland, OR
Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:05 pm quote
cfargo wrote:
pdxvespa wrote:
Curt, what a beautiful rig! The white's gorgeous.
Now, along with all those modulators, will you be adding some reflective striping to the sidecar itself....? white-on-white?
Ciao, --Deborah
First I'm looking at putting light on the rig but I do like your white on white idea. Maybe by the time I get up there for AmeriVespa I will have her decorated more.
We'll expect it-- And a ride, of course!
Lurker
Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Location: watertown, SD
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:37 pm quote
No problem
oldhighway7 wrote:
That's the best sidecar set up I've ever seen and I tend to like the vintage stuff. Looks like a great touring combination.

Has anybody ever taken a sidecar on a long trip? Like 400 miles in a day? Is it comfortable for the car rider?
My wife and daughter ride in my sidecar regularly. We as a family have gone up to 650 miles per day. In competition we did 1400 miles in one day last summer. Mine is a XS1100 Yamaha with a sidecar of my own design, but the Texas Sidecar is more than capable of that kind of mileage. The Burgman sure looks like a SWEET rig all set up like that. Good show.
Lurker
Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Location: watertown, SD
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:44 pm quote
great rig
Great rig there. How much Toe-in did you set it up with? You really should buy or borrow a copy fo david Houghs book on how to pilot a sidecar rig, it'll help your learning curve a LOT.
Did you hook up the sidecar brake? Does the hack need any ballast when not occupied by a passenger? or is it heavy enough to not need it?
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports Previous12
[ Time: 0.2929s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0570s) ][ Debug on ]