buying 2011 LX 150 i.e
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:44 pm quote
Hello all Vespa Lover,
I found this MV forum through google, and i glad i found it. Any way i live in indonesia, motor cycle is the most effective transportation here according the traffic and money wise. I had a honda scooter before in the past, i sold it because i had to move back to usa last year. I always wanted modern vespa,because i love the style and model and i think it's timeless looking style. but i did not buy it until last month. The reason i did not buy vespa in the past was the price it self, about 6000 usd for Vespa LX 150 i.e. I thought that price was too much for LX 150 i.e. I knew the price for same model in us about 5000 usd (everything included). Before, Piaggio products including vespa come to indonesia through PT SKN - general importer company. Then early this year Piaggio established PT. Piaggio Indonesia, in the meaning they are now the only company that can sell Vespa products in indonesia. They are selling Vespa products made in Vietnam, because they have factory in vietnam. PI selling vespa lx 150 i.e about 2700 usd on the road(tax and everything included)

We had 2011 Indonesia International Motor Show at Jakarta last month, that time i went to see. Then after i did some deep research regarding the LX 150 i.e i decided to buy 2011 LX 150 i.e. color is white. PI told me i'm gonna get my vespa in october, because they don't have in stock. I'm really bad waiting for my vespa i want to drive my vespa so bad.

i would like to ask LX 150 owner about experience having their LX please...
and also i worry about fuel pump issue, do you think my 2011 LX a part of fuel pump recall? in indonesia we do not really have NHTSA like in usa. Thanks a lot.
Ossessionato
GT200L Alabaster 2004 "Lady"
Location: Ishioka, Ibaragi Pref., Japan and Khun Han, Isaan, Thailand
Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:39 am quote
Welcome to MV

That is a long time to wait until October for your scooter

Do you ride another scooter in the meantime ?

Where are you in Indonesia ? I used to stay in Jogjakarta
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:22 am quote
hello
JackR wrote:
Welcome to MV

That is a long time to wait until October for your scooter

Do you ride another scooter in the meantime ?

Where are you in Indonesia ? I used to stay in Jogjakarta
yes it is a long time! i do not ride any scooter at the moment, i drive my car for commuting i live in Bogor city, close to Jakarta, have you been here before? how long did you stay in yogyakarta? do you speek indonesian or javanese? any way i went to japan several times for traveling, tokyo, Hakone- Mt. Fuji, kyoto
Ossessionato
GT200L Alabaster 2004 "Lady"
Location: Ishioka, Ibaragi Pref., Japan and Khun Han, Isaan, Thailand
Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:16 am quote
Salamat sian

is about all I know in Bahasa Indonesia sorry

I was born in Belgium but I live in Japan

Never been to Bogor, only Jakarta, Bandung and Yogyakarta

Traffic is very heavy in Indonesia but lots of very nice scooters
Hooked
2010 300 Super (Rango)
Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 am quote
Welcome to MV!

You'll love your 150 - I have a 2009 150LX and its a great scoot, fun to ride, very agile, and reliable. Do a search on 150's and you'll find a lot of rave reviews!

As far as the recall issue, I don't know. I would call the dealer who is selling it to you and make sure that your new scooter has the replacement.

October seems like a long time to wait, but it'll be worth it! Be sure to post picts when you get your new scooter.
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:08 am quote
Aloha and welcome to the forum. It'll be worth the wait. The LX'S are wonderful little machines. You might have a fuel pump problem but your dealer should have the vin numbers and fix it before you get it. I'd say something to them about it before you give them all the cash for the scooter. Sounds like there aren't as many Vespa's over there as other bikes. I saw Honda's hen i was in Bali and on Java. Didn't get to Jakarta because of the demonstrations (Muslim with tanks etc going to Jakarta). Need to go back one day, because you live in a beautiful country. Good luck and pics when you get it please.
Enthusiast
LX150
Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:17 pm quote
Hi, selamat siang from Kuala Lumpur.

I'm too waiting for my first Vespa LX 150 & its a white beauty too but i wish i was in jakarta cause i bought it for here around $3800+ usd after conversion. here in KL they don't bring in LX 150 i.e just the normal one so another plus for you. the only good thing is i don't have to wait long. should ride mine after eid ul fitr holiday.
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:19 pm quote
JackR wrote:
Salamat sian

is about all I know in Bahasa Indonesia sorry

I was born in Belgium but I live in Japan

Never been to Bogor, only Jakarta, Bandung and Yogyakarta

Traffic is very heavy in Indonesia but lots of very nice scooters
it's selamat siang - good afternoon..hahaaha. what kind of vespa do you have? how do you like it? what is the most thing do you like from your vespa? thanks
Hooked
LX 150 ie
Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:30 pm quote
good choice on LX ie. you'll enjoy it for sure.
is your LX vietnam made o italy?
mine chasis badge say italy, its a 2010 model, got it april this year. dealer says new batch of lx will came from vietnam and carb type only.
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:30 pm quote
Minpinity wrote:
Welcome to MV!

You'll love your 150 - I have a 2009 150LX and its a great scoot, fun to ride, very agile, and reliable. Do a search on 150's and you'll find a lot of rave reviews!

As far as the recall issue, I don't know. I would call the dealer who is selling it to you and make sure that your new scooter has the replacement.

October seems like a long time to wait, but it'll be worth it! Be sure to post picts when you get your new scooter.
thanks for the answer. i know it's a long time to wait, in the meantime, i drive my car right now, i will start hunting accessories for my vespa . the LX that i bought is made in vietnam and it's fuel injected, for sure i'll talk to the dealer before i get it.
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:53 pm quote
judy wrote:
Aloha and welcome to the forum. It'll be worth the wait. The LX'S are wonderful little machines. You might have a fuel pump problem but your dealer should have the vin numbers and fix it before you get it. I'd say something to them about it before you give them all the cash for the scooter. Sounds like there aren't as many Vespa's over there as other bikes. I saw Honda's hen i was in Bali and on Java. Didn't get to Jakarta because of the demonstrations (Muslim with tanks etc going to Jakarta). Need to go back one day, because you live in a beautiful country. Good luck and pics when you get it please.
thanks for the reply, i worry about fuel pump problem. i live in usa total for 6 years, and i knew that they have very good system on customer right protection (NHTSA). i had a honda civic when i was there, and Honda dealer in Utah called me and told me about recall, and they did it without many questions. Sadly in Indonesia, as the customer we do not "really" have that right. But for sure i will talk about this to dealer, and i wish they know about this, i worry too they do not know about this recall because PT Piaggio Indonesia just established couple months a go. they were here long time a go, then they bankrupt, can not compete with japanese bikes. In indonesia i would say 95% bikes are Japanese brand, they really good bikes and very reliable. I will post the pict as soon i get
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:13 pm quote
scaygoo wrote:

I'm too waiting for my first Vespa LX 150 & its a white beauty too but i wish i was in jakarta cause i bought it for here around $3800+ usd after conversion. here in KL they don't bring in LX 150 i.e just the normal one so another plus for you. the only good thing is i don't have to wait long. should ride mine after eid ul fitr holiday.
hi there, congratulation on your purchase. do you have Piaggio company or representative in Malaysia? or Vespa products come to malaysia through general importer company like we had before here? i wondering that lx's price is the one made in italy, because of all tax and custom fees. i heard Piaggio discontinue LX 150 carburated version started 2010. i worry they sold the previous generation to you, sorry. They reason Vespa LX 150 i.e price around 2700 usd because is made in vietnam, and Piaggio no need to pay custom fee, because of AFTA (Asean Free Trade Agreement) and another reason is labor cost in vietnam is cheaper than italy, so Vespa made in vietnam is much cheaper to produce.
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:20 pm quote
jundy40 wrote:
good choice on LX ie. you'll enjoy it for sure.
is your LX vietnam made o italy?
mine chasis badge say italy, its a 2010 model, got it april this year. dealer says new batch of lx will came from vietnam and carb type only.
Thanks for the reply, my LX is made in vietnam, it's much cheaper that the one made in italy, because Piaggio don't have to pay custom fees and labor cost in vietnam much cheaper too. I think they have same quality control no matter where is made. i wondering why is LX come frome vietnam carburated only?
Addicted
2011 LX150ie two tone expresso
Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 pm quote
I've my LXa150ie for just over a year. About 1650 miles probably not a lot of miles by many standards but, its been flawless. You will love it! Congratulations and best of luck.
LX 150 i.e, Gts300i.e
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:42 am quote
Greetings
Greetings from Brunei!

I just got me an Lx150 i.e too! No vespa dealer in Brunei so had to special order from Vespa Italy via one of the motorcycle dealers.

Although, reading through the posts i'm now suspicious as to whether they really ordered via Italy or Vietnam. Cost me Brunei Dollar $7000, about US$5800. It'd be quite upsetting if it turns out to be a con.

It's taken three months but it's finally arrived!! Picking it up this weekend. My only other form of scooter transport was a 50cc moped in Australia, hopefully this won't be too hard to transition into.

Looking forward to some (mis)adventures!
Enthusiast
LX150
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 am quote
biruinter wrote:
scaygoo wrote:

hi there, congratulation on your purchase. do you have Piaggio company or representative in Malaysia? or Vespa products come to malaysia through general importer company like we had before here? i wondering that lx's price is the one made in italy, because of all tax and custom fees. i heard Piaggio discontinue LX 150 carburated version started 2010. i worry they sold the previous generation to you, sorry. They reason Vespa LX 150 i.e price around 2700 usd because is made in vietnam, and Piaggio no need to pay custom fee, because of AFTA (Asean Free Trade Agreement) and another reason is labor cost in vietnam is cheaper than italy, so Vespa made in vietnam is much cheaper to produce.
Thanks..this waiting is killing me no Piaggio company here just representative by NAZA. They says they only bring carburated version from vietnam. but in jakarta u guys have the i.e version. yes i think we are screwed
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 am quote
Re: Greetings
JK wrote:
Greetings from Brunei!

I just got me an Lx150 i.e too! No vespa dealer in Brunei so had to special order from Vespa Italy via one of the motorcycle dealers.

Although, reading through the posts i'm now suspicious as to whether they really ordered via Italy or Vietnam. Cost me Brunei Dollar $7000, about US$5800. It'd be quite upsetting if it turns out to be a con.

It's taken three months but it's finally arrived!! Picking it up this weekend. My only other form of scooter transport was a 50cc moped in Australia, hopefully this won't be too hard to transition into.

Looking forward to some (mis)adventures!
hi there, i'm little bit nervous when i saw that price....for sure you can check where your LX was made..when i went to Indonesia International Motor Show last july, i saw there was a sticker somewhere on the display vespa, saying made in vietnam. Too bad you guys do not have Piaggio company in Brunei, sorry.. We are lucky that Piaggio Indonesia just established last march, otherwise i have to pay around 5800 usd too. Any way how are you going to get after sales service like parts and service?
Vespa LX 150 i.e. - soon
Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:15 am quote
scaygoo wrote:
biruinter wrote:
scaygoo wrote:

Thanks..this waiting is killing me no Piaggio company here just representative by NAZA. They says they only bring carburated version from vietnam. but in jakarta u guys have the i.e version. yes i think we are screwed
too bad there is no Piaggio company in Malaysia are you sure you got the LX 150?? as far as i know..they stopped making 150 carburated version. i could be wrong...i don't thing much different between injected and carb one. for sure injected model is less maintenance compare the carb model. carburator need to re adjust in the couple months after using. thanks
Hooked
LX 125 i.e
Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:28 am quote
Hello guys !

I'm new here and I'm from Vietnam. I think that I can give some information to you guys who live in Asia

1./ Piaggio Asia Pacific Head Office (including Australia) is in Vietnam. They moved it from Singapore to Vietnam last year

2./ Piaggio built 1 factory in Vietnam and they're building the 2nd one. Totally they can make 300.000 scooters a year ( LX,S,Zip )

3./ The price we pay here is 67.000.000VND (~3100USD) for LX 125i.e and 80.000.000VND (~3900USD) for LX150i.e. So you can calculate the Import-tax of your country and get the approximate money you have to Pay for your scooter. DON'T PAY TOO HIGH PLEASE

4./ We have 8 colors for LX with the same price (Pinky one is discontinued) . So DON'T PAY MORE MONEY FOR WHAT THEY CALL SPECIAL COLOR

5./ PIAGGIO VietNam as well as PIAGGIO worldwide commit that they stop selling carb Vespa from 2011. Now we can only buy injected version. So if your sellers say they still have carb scooters and persuade you to buy, REMEMBER they're old version

thank you !!

nice to meet you
LX 150 i.e, Gts300i.e
Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:38 am quote
Re: Greetings
biruinter wrote:
hi there, i'm little bit nervous when i saw that price....for sure you can check where your LX was made..when i went to Indonesia International Motor Show last july, i saw there was a sticker somewhere on the display vespa, saying made in vietnam. Too bad you guys do not have Piaggio company in Brunei, sorry.. We are lucky that Piaggio Indonesia just established last march, otherwise i have to pay around 5800 usd too. Any way how are you going to get after sales service like parts and service?
Hi guys!

After 3 long long months, it's finally here!

Had my first ride today, went about 20 kilometres just getting a feel of the bike. My thoughts, it's beautiful! Handles very well and the throttle response is sharp. Hope to get more rides in real soon.

Need to find out if my scooter needs the fuel pump replacement though, get it out of the way early.

Biruinter, maintenance/after sales service i'm doing myself. Or at least try to, don't know if i'd trust some of the local shops...might have to try them out eventually. Spare parts I'm getting from the Vespa dealer in Singapore. I travel a lot for work so wouldn't be too hard.

Not too long till yours arrives!
LX 150 i.e, Gts300i.e
Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:25 am quote
Photo of the new scoot!

Lx150.jpg

Hooked
Vespa LX150 i.e.
Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 am quote
Beautiful scooter!!

I can't speak for Vespas in Asia, but my 2011 LX150 was on the recall list for a new fuel pump, and the dealer replaced it. I hope if there's an issue with yours, you're able to get it fixed at no charge.
Lurker
LX 150
Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:57 am quote
LX 150 i.e. made in vietnam
Hi all
i live in malaysia and i'm gonna buy this vespa. I have a few questions...
I thought i.e. means fuel injection and LX150 made in vietnam from 2009 to 2013 are carburated, i just asked a vespa dealer here in kuala lumpur...
if anyone knows anything about that...
another question: are there many differences between the mod 2011/2012 and 2013? There's about 300 USD more each year.
Thanks for your replies
Mil
LX150ie, GTS250ie
Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:40 pm quote
My LX 150 ie Expresso
Had my LX 150 for a little over 2 years now. Cost all fees and cheap rear rack $5000 plus 5% sales tax $200.

Love the bike, style is awesome, rides well, 5500 miles, relatively problem free until now.

Price tag was a lot, you can probably consider buying Honda CBR 250 instead.

Local dealership here in Boston really under-performed on the satisfaction side in my opinion, I had to chase them to sell the bike to me and it is always a bit of a hassle and expense for the service side. So I stop taking it there

Unrelated to that,

Recently, it developed a problem, where after riding on hot days and for long while and when stopping, for a short break and restarting, it would cough and die on restart. It would not make the electric whizzing noise, you normally hear when you turn the key in ignition was not there. When, the bike would sit for a while and cool off it is fine. Gradually, it is getting worse, shutting off at lower temperatures and taking longer to recover.

Called the dealer, gave vin, asked about ful pump recall - said nope, my 2011 model is not on the recall.

Anyone has any good suggestions or links on how to replace fuel pumps?

20121018_212402.jpg

Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2670s ][ Queries: 34 (0.0692s) ][ Debug on ]