@carveup avatar
UTC

Lurker
GTS250ie (Black)

Lurker
@carveup avatar
GTS250ie (Black)
UTC quote
Can anyone suggest a good method for properly securing a reflector on the front guard? It's holding on with just one of the two connectors after an enthusiastic effort to ride off on day 3 of my new purchase!
@grind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@grind avatar
UTC quote
If both pegs are still on the back of the reflector, use 8mm nuts. Otherwise, you might be successful with carefully trimmed doublesided tape.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Road debris knocked one of mine off and the dealer replaced it. Surprisingly inexpensive, considering.
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
Right before Christmas I purchased a set of side cases for my BV200. It looks like I have to remove the two red reflectors on the side to complete the installation. How do these things come off? It sounds like they are exactly the same as what you're describing here, with two pins and star "speed nut washers" holding them on. Is it safe to pry or do they "snap' off. HELP!!
@wetspeed avatar
UTC

GTed4LIFE
'05 GT200

GTed4LIFE
@wetspeed avatar
'05 GT200
UTC quote
Vic Mackey wrote:
Right before Christmas I purchased a set of side cases for my BV200. It looks like I have to remove the two red reflectors on the side to complete the installation. How do these things come off? It sounds like they are exactly the same as what you're describing here, with two pins and star "speed nut washers" holding them on. Is it safe to pry or do they "snap' off. HELP!!
Use a pair of dikes and cut the "speed nut washer". I would use a small screwdriver on the washer to move it away from the body part and then cut it.
@larrydj avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS Super 300ie

Hooked
@larrydj avatar
Vespa GTS Super 300ie
UTC quote
I intentionally took the front reflectors off my GT. I thought it looked better without them. I tried pulling the the little washers off, but only succeeded in breaking the posts off (which also worked, at least for removal). I think the comment above about carefully cutting the metal crimp washers is the right method. Maybe a pair of ting wirecutters, or a properly chosen dremel tool attachement.

That being said, I was wondering if a small self tapping screw from the inside might be able to tap into what s left of the base of the post to re-attach a reflector.
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
wetspeed wrote:
Vic Mackey wrote:
Use a pair of dikes and cut the "speed nut washer". I would use a small screwdriver on the washer to move it away from the body part and then cut it.
I've tried to get a screwdriver under the star washers and can't. I'm going to try a razor blade to get under these things to try to get them to move. I think if I just snap off the pin that nothing will happen since the star washer thingy is so tight against the body- Am I wrong about this? I don't have much space to get a good shot at them since they're up underneath the body work.
@jepone avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 GT200L

Hooked
@jepone avatar
2005 GT200L
UTC quote
i just got rid of mine. i really didn't like to american only reflectors, so i went to the hardware store and bought some small allen bolts, so:

allenbolt => rubber gromet => fender => rubber gromet => nylon bolt.

works well and looks better.

just a thought if you don't want to replace them....
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0553s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0302s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]