Water cooled Vespa LX 155cc 2stroke
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports Previous12
Hooked
Vespa
Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 am quote
I totally agree with you. I would love to get my hands on the Malossi 172 cylinder kit, in combination with 55mm full circle crank I am running. With that hardware, set up properly there is no doubt, it would be damn sensationally quick.

Itís been almost 8 months since I finished the build. In that time I have added a Malossi delta clutch and contra spring, also Iíve got much better results in fine tuning the carburettor jets, clutch springs and variator rollers.

At this point the setup is good, actually a very quick scooter platform. I am really enjoying it. I have re-fitted the front wheel guard and made a tidy looking glove box so the radiator set-up is very discrete and stealth like. It never over heats.

I am held back from expanding it any more at this stage by a shortage of funds
Banned
2:6
Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 am quote
doniq wrote:
Yeah, it's a 10 inch split rim.

I am currently running with the original LX rim.
But what was the hub off of that let you run the split rim?

The reason I ask is I have a leader engine swap in mind that needs to run the split rim and I'd rather not fabricate a hub is there is one already made.

Any chance you want to sell that hub?
Enthusiast
Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:00 pm quote
[quote="jamesUK"]Good project i am liking it a lot, but one thing i dont understand is why oh why did you not run a Malossi 172 bore for it as with you running a 55mm crank you weuld have a 183 in total, loads and loads of these setups are done here in the UK with the same speck.

Still it's a class vespa and no doubt will be fast, but that scooter is SCREAMING out for the that 172 barrel to be used in that, also with the parts you have in place you would get so much more gains out of them by running the tried and tested 172 bore.

But either way it's class, keep up the good work [/quote]

Been there done that its all about stealth

Picture 296a.JPG

Hooked
Vespa
Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 pm quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
doniq wrote:
Yeah, it's a 10 inch split rim.

I am currently running with the original LX rim.
But what was the hub off of that let you run the split rim?

The reason I ask is I have a leader engine swap in mind that needs to run the split rim and I'd rather not fabricate a hub is there is one already made.

Any chance you want to sell that hub?
A few years ago I bought a wrecked Piaggio Skipper 150 2T.

That rim is the one from the scooter when I got it - a 10Ē split rim with inner tube.

Iíve got the matching front rim somewhere too.

The Vespa LX 2T wheels are an identical swap. I have not modified the rim or drum brake, it just fits perfect.

I think the same rim was used in some Piaggio Typhoon 125cc 2T if you are looking for one at your local wreckers, in any case Iíd be happy to sell the one I have here, I am located in Australia.
Lurker
LX150S
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:23 pm quote
Sorry reviving old thread - question:

Is it possible to install the front fender and still have proper cooling ? Tnx!
Hooked
Vespa
Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:33 am quote
I have been running with the front wheel guard fitted. There is no electric fan. It does NOT over heat.
The operating temperature is very stable around the 75c mark. The pair of GT radiators is effective in that location, it works very well.
I will take some pictures of the current set up.
Addicted
2013 Honda CBR500RA ABS, 2005 Vespa PX150 w/ GickSpeed 177
Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:03 am quote
Great project, lots of time and detail put into it, me likey
Lurker
Vespa lx50, vespa et2, vespa gts300
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:18 pm quote
Hi, I saw your vespa lx155 project. I want to ask you about stability. Is the original 50cc subframe enough for a large motor? Is the motor dangling?
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports Previous12
[ Time: 0.1477s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0501s) ][ Debug on ]