miu scanner
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Enthusiast
GTS 250ie
Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:44 pm quote
has any DIY bought the scanner software , or other scanner type tools . I have been thinking about buying one > Before I make a move I was just wondering if there is a more universal code reader/scanner to be had . Is the MIU software limited to one computer ?
Will I be able to change the mapping on the injection system ?
Any and all info would be great .

John
Petty Tyrant
GT200 GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 pm quote
I have the MIU software. It's good for diagnosing problems, reading codes, and a few other sundry items. I've only run it on one PC, but I don't think it is limited.

It will definitely NOT let you remap the fuel injection parameters, though.
Enthusiast
GTS 250ie
Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:33 am quote
Jess , do you know if the MIU will work with other bikes ?

John
Petty Tyrant
Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:58 am quote
tvnacman wrote:
Jess , do you know if the MIU will work with other bikes ?
I'm not sure. I know the software is very general-purpose and applies to a bunch of other bikes, but the dongle at the end that translates between serial and the bike's factory diagnostic port is the clincher. I would expect you'd need a different dongle for each type of bike.
Molto Verboso
'05 Vespa Granturismo
Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:27 am quote
I really don't understand what you guys are talking about, but it sounds as though you're dingling with the dangling dong of destiny, or nearly so.
Enthusiast
GTS 250ie
Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:00 am quote
Richard , when a got my Vespa a few weeks ago . I went to the local dealer , I asked a few questions to the tech at that location . I was very turned off . I was not asking trade secrets . Just general questions about the charging system , and about the electrical system . This had made me feel like they don't really know how to fix or work on scooters . I feel like they are just part changers . A person like this need not touch anything I own . What the MIU is , is the eye into the on board computer . The flashing check engine light , this will let you see what set the light to blink . This will also show you in real time what the sensors are reading , thus fine adjustment can be made for best proformance . Some adjustments are mechinical and some are via software/electronic .

I have been working with very fine electronic control for almost 20 years . What makes a good tech from a part changer is a full understanding of electronics/micro processors and mechinical settings and adjustments .

Every piece of electronic equipment has it parameters (operating limits) every mechinical adjustment will have an effect and perhaps an adverse effect on other aspects of a mechinical device .

I started this post to try to find out what the MIU software will allow me to adjust and how deep into the programing it will allow me to go .
John
Petty Tyrant
Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:39 am quote
tvnacman wrote:
I started this post to try to find out what the MIU software will allow me to adjust and how deep into the programing it will allow me to go
Unfortunately, I don't think there's a single thing in the software that would help with performance tuning, though I'm working from memory here. I haven't used it in quite some time. Diagnostics, yes. Definitely.
Molto Verboso
'05 Vespa Granturismo
Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:18 am quote
Thanks for the explanation. I don't think my "05 Vespa GT 200L scooters are so equipped. I know they're carbureted, not electronically fuel injected.
Moderaptor
2xGP800, Fuoco, The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug), 'Olive' (GT200) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:07 pm quote
GT200s still have a diagnostic port that can be interrogated.
Enthusiast
GTS 250ie
Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:38 am quote
well it seems the more I read and do the more I'm thinking I need an updated version of the fuel injection programing . My big concern is buying the scanner and not being able to update the programming .

John
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1179s ][ Queries: 32 (0.0611s) ][ Debug on ]