GTS drive belt insertion in driven pulley: video!
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki
Oberlehrerhaft
GTS 250 w/ 43,000 mi
Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:25 am quote
When installing a new drive belt, it is important to seat it well inside the driven pulley (the one with the clutch) before installing it inside the transmission case and onto the drive pulley (the one on the left).

To do this, one needs to pull the driven pulley halves apart and squeeze in that belt. But how do these two pulley halves come apart? Easily! This video shows how:

Ossessionato
2012 BV 350
Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am quote
Re: GTS drive belt insertion in driven pulley: video!
Arno1 wrote:
When installing a new drive belt, it is important to seat it well inside the driven pulley (the one with the clutch) before installing it inside the transmission case and onto the drive pulley (the one on the left).

To do this, one needs to pull the driven pulley halves apart and squeeze in that belt. But how do these two pulley halves come apart? Easily! This video shows how:

This service is going to be something I need to do this summer. Thank you for demonstrating how to get the belt to seat inside the drive pulley!
Hooked
MP3 400
Sun May 06, 2012 3:40 pm quote
Re: GTS drive belt insertion in driven pulley: video!
Arno1 wrote:

This is absolutely wonderful!
Seating the belt in the driven pulley was the hardest part of the job last time.
I didn't even know about the arrows on the belt.
I assume I got lucky when I changed it last time because it hasn't broken yet.

Thanks again!
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki
[ Time: 0.1677s ][ Queries: 24 (0.0411s) ][ Debug on ]