BiTubo GT60 Upgrade All Around :)
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Hooked

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:46 pm quote
A few weeks and a little over 400 miles.

Enjoying my new GT60 to the fullest. Being my first Vespa, I didn't have any other model to judge my beauty against. Over the last couple of years riding Gp1 style scoots, the differences were quite obvious right from the begining. Most obvious, and my only dislikings was the way the suspension felt.
Vespa's are designed to be the ultimate ride, and I completly understand after riding on all types of road conditions/ with passanger.
I thrive off of things that are a step above. So the next weekday off, I stoped by SF Vespa, to talk to the service dept. Then was ween I meet Tom. In a few moments discusing ride tastes, I decided to go BiTubo. Tom ordered all three, both rear, and the front.
Droped it off with the expectation thoughts it being just a little better than stock. Fine with me.
Install is about three hours all together. One at a time for the rear. The front is almost double the work.
From the company they come to there idea of optimum. Luckly Tom and I were on a rally the day before, he got to see how I ride. With a few different adjustments, and test runs, the install was finished.

8:00am cab ride took too long. Pick up time. Was introduced to Jim, the wonderful guy In Charge. Instant spark of interest between us. How small this world is...
After chating for a while, I was off.
Took scoot off center stand and sat down for the first time...WOW I already thought, and it wasn't even runing. No more drop when i sat down. Now a new Stiff, sporty feel.

On the road is where Words due 0 justice.

Stock GT60/ GTS is most similar to a Cadillac

BiTubo Transformation made it A Porsche 911

.........100% Worth every Dollar.........
If you want the true feel/lean of you scoot, consult your service dept.
SF Vespa Rocks!!!! Thanks 2 Jim and Tom

P1000067.JPG

P1000071.JPG

P1000068.JPG

Molto Verboso
2006 GTS 250ie in Silver
Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:20 am quote
This is the upgrade I plan on doing before I add an exhaust. It should actually cost about the same as well.

How much did the shocks plus install run you out the door.

BTW- Red springs look great against the grey color.
Hooked

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:17 am quote
The sngle most important upgrade, #1. The scooter feels better connected to the road.
It will most likley run alittle higher than getting exhaust. Plus around 3 hrs install. You should get a hold of your Vespa service dept...Enjoy bendcyclist
Molto Verboso
Current: 2004 GT 200 & 1976 150 Sprint V Previous: VS5 GS 150, 1974 Rally 200
Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 am quote
Same question as bendycyclist (price)?
How does this proce compare to SF Moto/1st kick and SF Scooter Center?

Also good to hear some positive comments regarding SF Vespa. Especially how Tom road with/observed you riding to make proper adjustments. You don't find that kind of tuning very often.
Hooked

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:30 am quote
cipote wrote:
Same question as bendycyclist (price)?
How does this proce compare to SF Moto/1st kick and SF Scooter Center?

Also good to hear some positive comments regarding SF Vespa. Especially how Tom road with/observed you riding to make proper adjustments. You don't find that kind of tuning very often.
I find the whole crew @ SF Vespa to be a bunch of stand up people. You might have to make some calls, I'm not up to date on all the city's shop price. I'm a vip currently, making my price lower than usual. Funny about the ride...I didn't even know for a few miles that Tom was next to me. The next rest stop, helmets came off, and Oh Hey Tom...Great times
Hooked
2006 Vespa 200 GT
Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:23 am quote
I too have Bitubo's all around. I agree with the ride. Don't set the setting to stiff....you don't want to fly off...
Banned
GT200, LX150, Lambretta LD150, Lambretta B 125, Lambretta D150, 1949 Vespa Rod Model
Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:54 am quote
Same here, Bitubo all around, I rode my GT200 up in the hills of San Diego yesterday, handled like a sport bike, made counter steering actually work very well on tight turns, I must give props to the Pirelli GTS tires, they have been great tires, awesome grip for hard riding, I was having to much fun, I really pushed my GT to it's limits yesterday, after riding those hills for the past 20 years on a Vespa or Lambretta, the GT proved to be an above All.

IMG_1187.JPG

Ossessionato
01 ET2 - 01 ET4 -- 05 GT200L / 05 PX150 / 1986? Honda CH150 Deluxe.
Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:11 pm quote
I have yet to really look into this, but are the springs removable from the stock shocks ? I would like to add some stiffer springs to accomodate my extra weight ! hehehehe.
Enthusiast
2006 Vespa GT 200L Smokey Grey
Sun May 06, 2007 8:00 am quote
I want...I want!! Oh...I wish this wasn't so $$$$ to do!!

The suspension is the only thing about my Vespa that I feel needs a little tweaking. It is great to hear that the shocks help so much.
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.5446s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0868s) ][ Debug on ]