Fall Gathering sept 20-24 Vogel St park, GA
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion Previous12345678Next
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:54 am quote
Sorry to hear that Ed. Was looking forward to meeting you. Spring it is then.
Moderatus Rana
Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:37 am quote
For those coming from the south that were planning on meeting up on the way are we still planning on doing this? I ask because FM isn't coming and I am assuming Mike won't be (haven't heard from him yet) and he and I were going to meet up here on Wed. That leaves me Groovymom and Fuzzy. Did I leave anyone out? Anyone else want to join up?

Here is the route I am planning http://goo.gl/maps/Zhdj I would be stopping in Hazelhurst, GA on Wed. and Groovymom is going meet me there Thurs. (If she is still in) morning and we will head on up to Eatonton to meet Fuzzy. Planning on lunch in Social Circle. Chime in if anyone else wants to join us along the way or if anyone already mentioned has had a change in plans.

In other news I am going to do some of my 12000 mile service early this weekend to get ready.

Anyone planning on doing any mods or service at Vogul?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD
Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 am quote
stickyfrog wrote:
For those coming from the south that were planning on meeting up on the way are we still planning on doing this? I ask because FM isn't coming and I am assuming Mike won't be (haven't heard from him yet) and he and I were going to meet up here on Wed. That leaves me Groovymom and Fuzzy. Did I leave anyone out? Anyone else want to join up?

Here is the route I am planning http://goo.gl/maps/Zhdj I would be stopping in Hazelhurst, GA on Wed. and Groovymom is going meet me there Thurs. (If she is still in) morning and we will head on up to Eatonton to meet Fuzzy. Planning on lunch in Social Circle. Chime in if anyone else wants to join us along the way or if anyone already mentioned has had a change in plans.

In other news I am going to do some of my 12000 mile service early this weekend to get ready.

Anyone planning on doing any mods or service at Vogul?
As long as I survive my trip to NY this week I'm up for meeitng with you and or Groovymom around Eatonton and riding up from there.
Hooked
Vespa 250gts
Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:25 am quote
Still In!
Yep, still planning on meeting you Thursday am in Hazlehurst. Looking forward to being able to ride again. (too much rain lately).
Moderatus Rana
Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 am quote
Sounds good.

Have you or anyone stayed at Americas Best Value Inn in Hazelhurst? Looks like it may have been a best western in the past based on old google street view images. Pretty good reviews on tripadvisor and very reasonable. Any other recommendations?
Hooked
Vespa 250gts
Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 am quote
There's not much to choose from in Hazlehurst.
It probably is as good as anything else. Really rural through there. Not much going on.
Moderatus Rana
Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 am quote
Yeah that's what I figured. I guess that is where I will be staying then.
Hooked
Honda NC700XD; Piaggio BV250ie
Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 pm quote
Sorry Sticky et all. The MP3 came out much better than me. It has a scoffed AK exhaust and some cracked Tupperware. This and bent handle bars seems to be it. Haven't seen it, but I did talk to the Service Manager.

Now as for me, with deep regret I will have to miss the Fall Gathering. I broke both bones in my right leg above the ankle. I have a titanium rod installed and I am on a no weight on right led status.

So there goes the trip. But......looking forward to the Spring Gathering.
Addicted
MP3 500
Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:16 pm quote
LM15 wrote:
Sorry Sticky et all. The MP3 came out much better than me. It has a scoffed AK exhaust and some cracked Tupperware. This and bent handle bars seems to be it. Haven't seen it, but I did talk to the Service Manager.

Now as for me, with deep regret I will have to miss the Fall Gathering. I broke both bones in my right leg above the ankle. I have a titanium rod installed and I am on a no weight on right led status.

So there goes the trip. But......looking forward to the Spring Gathering.
Get better soon.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD
Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:00 pm quote
Take care of that leg LM15 and we will see you in the spring.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:23 pm quote
less than 2 weeks folks.

Are ya'll gettin ready and excited yet?
Enthusiast
2010 MP3 250
Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:28 pm quote
Was hoping to have an MP3 by this event but don't think it's gonna happen. Maybe I'll grab one in the winter and be able to make it in Spring. Be safe, have fun and take pics!
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500 & Zero SR
Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:22 pm quote
I have a few questions. A)I was wondering if there is a contingency plan or are we going to ride rain or shine? B)Any other riders coming from or through Middle Tennessee i.e. Nashville, when are you guys heading out? Maybe we could head out together?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:28 pm quote
emtkopan wrote:
I have a few questions. A)I was wondering if there is a contingency plan or are we going to ride rain or shine? B)Any other riders coming from or through Middle Tennessee i.e. Nashville, when are you guys heading out? Maybe we could head out together?
riding rain or shine. we will make changes as necessary for routes nite before , morning of, or during the ride.

ponydrvr is coming my way on wed catching a hotel then we are leaving thur morn heading to the dragon then across the skyway then on down to blairsville. Hes is bring a couple other riders with him to Kingston.

Anyone is welcome to join us BTW.
Molto Verboso
Piaggio MP3 500
Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:29 pm quote
Emt, I'll be leaving from Chattanooga area after school on Thurs. I'll go down through Chatsworth and up Ft. Mtn if you want to ride along .
Addicted
MP3 500 (no - longer); now an old guy on a Goldwing
Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:49 pm quote
old as dirt wrote:
emtkopan wrote:
riding rain or shine. we will make changes as necessary for routes nite before , morning of, or during the ride.

ponydrvr is coming my way on wed catching a hotel then we are leaving thur morn heading to the dragon then across the skyway then on down to blairsville. Hes is bring a couple other riders with him to Kingston.

Anyone is welcome to join us BTW.
Count me in!
Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:48 pm quote
emtkopan wrote:
I'm leaving middle tn around noon Thursday - maybe sooner, but I'm in a meeting scheduled until 12. Would love to have ride company.
Ossessionato
2012 BV 350
Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:26 pm quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
emtkopan wrote:
I'm leaving middle tn around noon Thursday - maybe sooner, but I'm in a meeting scheduled until 12. Would love to have ride company.
Will you be riding the 350 or your MP3?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:29 am quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
emtkopan wrote:
maybe we can pick you up in Tellico Plains
Molto Verboso
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:11 am quote
ScooterGirlinAL wrote:
TN_Sooner wrote:
emtkopan wrote:
Will you be riding the 350 or your MP3?
I'll be on the MP3. I haven't made top case arrangements for the BV yet and would not have enough room for my stuff, which it looks like will include a bottle of TN's finest and a nice KY offering too!
Molto Verboso
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:20 am quote
old as dirt wrote:
I think my direct route more southerly - looks like I'll head to cleveland tn and the east from there. I'm hoping I can get away sooner, because a noon central time gives me a couple hours of unknown twisty riding in the dark.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:31 am quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
I think my direct route more southerly - looks like I'll head to cleveland tn and the east from there. I'm hoping I can get away sooner, because a noon central time gives me a couple hours of unknown twisty riding in the dark.
from Cleveland to vogel http://goo.gl/maps/DNzwm is a nice ride not to twisty. nice ride along the Ocoee river and 129/19/11 to Blairsville is pretty gentle too. only 77 miles about 1.5 hrs
Molto Verboso
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 am quote
old as dirt wrote:
TN_Sooner wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
from Cleveland to vogel http://goo.gl/maps/DNzwm is a nice ride not to twisty. nice ride along the Ocoee river and 129/19/11 to Blairsville is pretty gentle too. only 77 miles about 1.5 hrs
Thanks - that is the road I was looking at taking, but from the map it appeared to be pretty twisty - glad to hear it isn't too bad.

Looking again at my route, looks like it won't be too bad - if I get away at noon (1 pm eastern) - looks like the ride is about 230 miles, so that should be about 6 hours, which gets me to Vogel by 7pm. If I can get away earlier, all the better.
Molto Verboso
Piaggio MP3 500
Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:49 am quote
My route has one twisty section and after that it is pretty gentle past all the apple orchards. I've gone through Ducktown as well . I might hook up with you all in Cleveland - it depends on Goose's work schedule. My way goes through Dahlonega to pick up the Goose, but if she has to work Friday then I might hook up with you all. Can't wait, can't wait.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500 & Zero SR
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 am quote
TNSooner, sounds good. I'll meet up with you as you come through. I was looking at taking the same route from Cleveland.
Ossessionato
R.I.P. ----K.I.T.T.500, Agent Orange (400)
Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:45 am quote
Looking very, very unlikely I'll be able to make it. For once school's not an issue and my 500 is almost kaput. The oil leakage issue ( most likely bad rings/seals) is really bad and anything close to resembling highway speeds almost becomes impossible...to make things worse the right front wheel got jacked up somehow by the last dealer and now wobbles above 55mph. Taking it down to Motoretta this Saturday hopefully and it's very unlikely they'll have all the work done in time. I'll catch up in Spring I guess...
Moderatus Rana
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:30 am quote
Sorry to hear that Luthorhuss. I may not be able to make the spring one. Wife is making noise about visiting Great Britain.

Have a reservation for Americas Best Value Inn in Hazelhurst on the 19th. Since Mike is out I may leave a little later in the day but still plan on getting there before sunset.

So is anyone planning any maintenance or mods? I will be bringing a new belt as mine is not quite due yet but will be after this ride I think. Have never done a valve adjustment before. Anyone want to do one? I will video it and put it in the MV wiki like we did with the marc parnes demo. Mine also needs a coolant flush and probably brake fluid. If anyone wants to do those I will bring the supplies and the camera. Just throwing out ideas.
Moderatus Rana
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:32 am quote
Still trying to decide if I will keep the car tire on or swap out for the michelin on my spare wheel. Decisions decisions.
Addicted
MP3 500
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:50 am quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Still trying to decide if I will keep the car tire on or swap out for the michelin on my spare wheel. Decisions decisions.
curious as to what you will do -- i was going to quiz you more on the car tire - my ride has 4400 - and it is due for a change ---

my goal is to make the spring gathering
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 am quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Sorry to hear that Luthorhuss. I may not be able to make the spring one. Wife is making noise about visiting Great Britain.

Have a reservation for Americas Best Value Inn in Hazelhurst on the 19th. Since Mike is out I may leave a little later in the day but still plan on getting there before sunset.

So is anyone planning any maintenance or mods? I will be bringing a new belt as mine is not quite due yet but will be after this ride I think. Have never done a valve adjustment before. Anyone want to do one? I will video it and put it in the MV wiki like we did with the marc parnes demo. Mine also needs a coolant flush and probably brake fluid. If anyone wants to do those I will bring the supplies and the camera. Just throwing out ideas.
coolant flush and brake fluid probably not. hard to find a disposal place.

Valve adjustment takes about 2 hours in a shop enviroment. in the field probably add an hour. Also the engine must be cold.

We could do the belt, no problems there.

what spare rear tire do you have on the spare rim? hows the tread look?
Moderatus Rana
Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 am quote
I need to take a closer look at the spare wheel when I get home. I think it is a City Grip. Haven't looked at it in awhile. Need to see if the rubber is still good.

Trirol1 I like the performance of the car tire. Wouldn't have it on if I was doing track day but for most riding it is fine. Will probably be fine this trip as I had it on last time with no problems. Being a group ride we are not dragging knees by a long shot and I wouldn't anyway if alone because I don't have a lot of mountain riding experience...at least on the kind of technical roads we usually ride on.
Moderatus Rana
Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 am quote
Long range weather forecast from Accuweather.com
We all know that long range forecasting in the mountains is tricky but here is accuweather's current long range forecast. Looks like we could be arriving wet and maybe wet on the first day but of note is the low and high temps.

Here is the link to this graphic. I plan on checking it again closer in. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/blairsville-ga/30512/daily-weather-forecast/332525?day=11

Weather.jpg
Cold mornings and cool afternoons. Perfect!

Ossessionato
2009 MP3 500 - The Iridescent Chameleon, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125, 2016 Indian Scout Sixty
Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 am quote
Man, I wish I could make it. I'm supposed to be running a 5k that weekend, but since the NHL is likely to be in a lockout, I'm doubtful that they're going to have the Blackhawks' Training Camp Festival...

Of course, even if I don't run, it's just too far to make it when I need to save my vacation days

Mark
Molto Verboso
Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 pm quote
GeorgiaGirl wrote:
I might hook up with you all in Cleveland
Let me know - that might work.
Molto Verboso
Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:23 pm quote
emtkopan wrote:
TNSooner, sounds good. I'll meet up with you as you come through. I was looking at taking the same route from Cleveland.
I sent you a PM with my cell info. Shoot me a reply with yours.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:16 am quote
stickyfrog wrote:
I'm still interested in meeting up in Eatonton. Would like to get there in time to unload gear and do at least one loop of the Cooler Run. It is about 3 hours riding from Eatonton or 5 from Hazelhurst.

Is Groovy Mom going to ride up with us still?
Moderatus Rana
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:21 am quote
Yes she is going to meet me in Hazelhurst on the morning of the 20th. Hopefully we can get going by 8 and meet you in Eatonton then on up to Social Circle for lunch.
Molto Verboso
Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:11 pm quote
Re: Fall Gathering sept 20-24 Vogel St park, GA
old as dirt wrote:
folks coming so far
OAD
Fuzzy
Stickyfrog
TnSooner
Georgia girl and Goose
KevinK
ponydrvr
kenny D
LM15
Luthorhuss
Groovymom

Old As Dirt was keeping this list. I think that LM15 and maybe Lutherhoss have dropped out, but believe we have a couple of others joining in?

I believe empkopan, klaborde and kilovictor have made reservations? Anyone else? Sound off.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:21 pm quote
Re: Fall Gathering sept 20-24 Vogel St park, GA
TN_Sooner wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
folks coming so far
OAD
Fuzzy
Stickyfrog
TnSooner
Georgia girl and Goose
KevinK
ponydrvr
kenny D
LM15
Luthorhuss
Groovymom

Old As Dirt was keeping this list. I think that LM15 and maybe Lutherhoss have dropped out, but believe we have a couple of others joining in?

I believe empkopan, klaborde and kilovictor have made reservations? Anyone else? Sound off.
updated list , thanks for reminding me to do this.
Molto Verboso
Honda CTX 700D
Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:25 pm quote
I have another coming along with me. He is ElephantRun and from Louisville.

I still have one bed since LM15 won't be using it. If anyone is interested just let me know.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion Previous12345678Next
[ Time: 0.2077s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0243s) ][ Debug on ]