here's the step by step for getting through it.
1. Lift the front of the scoot. this can be done with a length of 2x4 under the scooter near the side stand mount. I used an aerosol can that was just the right length.
2. Remove the front wheel.
3. remove the two bolts securing the bottom of the shock.
4. Remove the screw securing the cable guide and the two nuts securing the top of the shock.
5. Transfer the top mounting bracket from the old to the new shock. I used blue loctite here because I'm paranoid.
6. Now it gets fun. The bolts that hold the top of the shock are being held by gravity and a slot on the top of the fork where they sit. They will not turn on you but they will lift making it hard to get everything in place. Note that only the brake line
7. Line up the bottom of the shock and replace the bolts. My shock did not have nuts welded to it like the original so I used a wave washer and nyloc nut.
8. tighten it all down, attach the lower cable guide and put the front wheel back on. you're done.