Scooterwest sells the lower-end model of this unit for $27, which isn't programmable. The M1 will run you about $20 and is easy to program.
Amazon link to purchase: Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/Vehicle-Flasher-Module-Universal-Motorcycles/dp/B00FADDOL4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Installation is a breeze and should take less than 20 minutes including programming.
1. Remove your brake light from the scooter housing. The LX had two phillip head screws. The GTS has a single T25 screw.
2. Cut the black wire with white stripe about midway and attach the included electrical connectors. Use some dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. Ignore the yellow wires (running lights).
3. Connect the included T-Lok connector to the black wire (ground). Again, use some dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. Connect the black wire from the modulator to the T-Lok connector.
4. Connect the red wire from the modulator to the black/white wire going to the harness.
5. Connect the yellow wire from the modulator to the black/white wire going to the bulb.
6. The blue and white wires are used for programming.
I programmed mine with 15 fast flashes, repeating every 6 seconds the brakes are engaged. See video for final result.
See below picture for the programming instructions.
My unit appears to have two additional steps (#2 and #3) that weren't included in the original instructions. See below for the steps that worked for me:
Step 1:Flashing mode
1 - Standard
2 - Fast flashing followed by slow flashing.
3 - Continues change of flashing rate from high to slow
Step 2: Deactivation timeout(i.e. If mode 2 is selected and brakes are released and pressed before 3 seconds it will not flash. It will be a solid light)
2 - 3seconds
3 - 5seconds
4 - 10seconds
5 - 20seconds
6 - Dynamic Timeout(extends timeout from 3/5/10/20/40 seconds every time brakes are depressed before timer expires)
Step 3: Light off intensity(brightness of light between flashes)
Step 4: number of flashes 1-16
Step 5: flashing rate (fast to slow)
Step 6: continuous mode
1 - Repeat after 6 sec
2 - Repeat after 12 sec
3 - Repeat after 18 sec
4 - Repeat after 24 sec
5 - Continuous mode disabled
6 - Constant flashing. No solid brake light
M1 Universal Brake Light Flasher / Modulator
Tools for the Job
Cut the Black/White wire about midway
Add some dielectric grease to the connectors to prevent corrosion
T-Lok connected to ground wire (black)
Last edited by trialNerror on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 3 times in total