OP
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 23:50:40 +0000

Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:16:18 +0000
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
 
OP
Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:16:18 +0000
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 23:50:40 +0000 quote
This years' Classic is going to be a little different.
The ride is going to begin and end in the city.
There will be no reserved campgrounds this year.
We'll post up some good local suggestions for out-of-towners and coordinate "get to" rides from different areas.

Rough Itinerary:

Friday Night will be a meet and greet, get the itinerary, goodies, drinks etc..
Saturday, a full day of riding.
As always, the classic is vintage focused however, there will be an open/modern ride for all scooters that meets up midday, and some socializing, music, drinks, etc...
Sunday a farewell get together.
Specifics on all to come.
⬆️    About 12w elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 01:40:17 +0000

Member
LX150
Joined: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 22:17:46 +0000
Posts: 5
Location: Hutto, Texas
 
Member
LX150
Joined: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 22:17:46 +0000
Posts: 5
Location: Hutto, Texas
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 01:40:17 +0000 quote
Central Texas Rally and the Wuhan Flu
With recent events, hope this can stay on schedule. Any contingency plans?
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 11:17:11 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 22:00:49 +0000
Posts: 7214
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 22:00:49 +0000
Posts: 7214
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 11:17:11 +0000 quote
Re: Central Texas Rally and ....
DaveinHutto wrote:
With recent events, hope this can stay on schedule. Any contingency plans?
Too hard to remember COVID-19?
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:34:39 +0000

Member
LX150
Joined: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 22:17:46 +0000
Posts: 5
Location: Hutto, Texas
 
Member
LX150
Joined: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 22:17:46 +0000
Posts: 5
Location: Hutto, Texas
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:34:39 +0000 quote
Re: Central Texas Rally and ....
Madison Sully wrote:
DaveinHutto wrote:
With recent events, hope this can stay on schedule. Any contingency plans?
Too hard to remember COVID-19?
If your being sarcastic, it comes off more like a wanker.
Things change and my question is valid, so don't be a troll.
Fri, 17 Apr 2020 02:48:27 +0000

Addicted
None, But Looking.
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:11:08 +0000
Posts: 939
Location: Texas
 
Addicted
None, But Looking.
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:11:08 +0000
Posts: 939
Location: Texas
Fri, 17 Apr 2020 02:48:27 +0000 quote
Probably best we don't have it right now. Maybe in the Fall, or just punt till next Spring when a vaccine is out there. Just my .02 worth.

Needs must.
Fri, 17 Apr 2020 11:03:04 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8497
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8497
Location: Toronto
Fri, 17 Apr 2020 11:03:04 +0000 quote
Re: Central Texas Rally and ....
Madison Sully wrote:
DaveinHutto wrote:
With recent events, hope this can stay on schedule. Any contingency plans?
Too hard to remember COVID-19?
Texas is actually talking about easing restrictions soon. Large gathering of more than 5 or 10 people though... oh I hope not.

Austin I imagine will remain in lockdown longer than more rural parts of the state.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2020/apr/16/coronavirus-map-of-the-us-latest-cases-state-by-state
OP
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 18:42:56 +0000

Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:16:18 +0000
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
 
OP
Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:16:18 +0000
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 18:42:56 +0000 quote
It will be a ride. Not Rally. May 16th. One day only
It will be a one day ride. Split into groups of 5 or less and spaced accordingly. This will be a small event at this point and all those expressing a desire to come are understanding of and enforcing the following rules: Masks (PPE) and social distancing required. No mingle stops, no social elements. No Camping. etc... Just riding in town and out.

The 16th is a couple of weeks out from the Expiration of Texas' Stay at home order. That being said, above date subject to change based on the nature of the pandemic itself.
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 19:31:45 +0000

Addicted
None, But Looking.
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:11:08 +0000
Posts: 939
Location: Texas
 
Addicted
None, But Looking.
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:11:08 +0000
Posts: 939
Location: Texas
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 19:31:45 +0000 quote
Re: It will be a ride. Not Rally. May 16th. One day only
67GT125 wrote:
It will be a one day ride. Split into groups of 5 or less and spaced accordingly. This will be a small event at this point and all those expressing a desire to come are understanding of and enforcing the following rules: Masks (PPE) and social distancing required. No mingle stops, no social elements. No Camping. etc... Just riding in town and out.

The 16th is a couple of weeks out from the Expiration of Texas' Stay at home order. That being said, above date subject to change based on the nature of the pandemic itself.
Thanks for keeping this going. I'd love to come, and was one of the instigators, but my wife is having neurosurgery this week and I'll be taking care of her for a while.

Good luck.
OP
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 21:12:51 +0000

Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:16:18 +0000
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
 
OP
Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:16:18 +0000
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 21:12:51 +0000 quote
Re: It will be a ride. Not Rally. May 16th. One day only
25BIKEZ wrote:
67GT125 wrote:
It will be a one day ride. Split into groups of 5 or less and spaced accordingly. This will be a small event at this point and all those expressing a desire to come are understanding of and enforcing the following rules: Masks (PPE) and social distancing required. No mingle stops, no social elements. No Camping. etc... Just riding in town and out.

The 16th is a couple of weeks out from the Expiration of Texas' Stay at home order. That being said, above date subject to change based on the nature of the pandemic itself.
Thanks for keeping this going. I'd love to come, and was one of the instigators, but my wife is having neurosurgery this week and I'll be taking care of her for a while.

Good luck.
Wishing your wife a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
Tue, 28 Apr 2020 03:19:20 +0000

Addicted
None, But Looking.
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:11:08 +0000
Posts: 939
Location: Texas
 
Addicted
None, But Looking.
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:11:08 +0000
Posts: 939
Location: Texas
Tue, 28 Apr 2020 03:19:20 +0000 quote
Re: It will be a ride. Not Rally. May 16th. One day only
67GT125 wrote:
25BIKEZ wrote:
67GT125 wrote:
It will be a one day ride. Split into groups of 5 or less and spaced accordingly. This will be a small event at this point and all those expressing a desire to come are understanding of and enforcing the following rules: Masks (PPE) and social distancing required. No mingle stops, no social elements. No Camping. etc... Just riding in town and out.

The 16th is a couple of weeks out from the Expiration of Texas' Stay at home order. That being said, above date subject to change based on the nature of the pandemic itself.
Thanks for keeping this going. I'd love to come, and was one of the instigators, but my wife is having neurosurgery this week and I'll be taking care of her for a while.

Good luck.
Wishing your wife a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
Thanks.
Sat, 02 May 2020 18:09:37 +0000

Hooked
P, VNB, VMA, VSE, P/Sprint Chopper
Joined: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:17:07 +0000
Posts: 156

 
Hooked
P, VNB, VMA, VSE, P/Sprint Chopper
Joined: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:17:07 +0000
Posts: 156

Sat, 02 May 2020 18:09:37 +0000 quote
We will have these commemorative patches



⬆️    About 35w elapsed between posts    ⬇️
OP
Tue, 05 Jan 2021 22:10:52 +0000

Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:16:18 +0000
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
 
OP
Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:16:18 +0000
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
Tue, 05 Jan 2021 22:10:52 +0000 quote
Re: It will be a ride. Not Rally. May 16th. One day only
25BIKEZ wrote:
67GT125 wrote:
It will be a one day ride. Split into groups of 5 or less and spaced accordingly. This will be a small event at this point and all those expressing a desire to come are understanding of and enforcing the following rules: Masks (PPE) and social distancing required. No mingle stops, no social elements. No Camping. etc... Just riding in town and out.

The 16th is a couple of weeks out from the Expiration of Texas' Stay at home order. That being said, above date subject to change based on the nature of the pandemic itself.
Thanks for keeping this going. I'd love to come, and was one of the instigators, but my wife is having neurosurgery this week and I'll be taking care of her for a while.

Good luck.
I hope your wife is doing well. We'd love to see you out at this years' event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/212019270564624
  DoubleGood Design  

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.


Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2023 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0401s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0091s) ][ Debug on ][ 276 ][ Thing Two ]