I went with Polini (part number 140.0210) 80cc kit, not as usually fellows with Malossi. Also installed/done:
- Malossi CDI
- Malossi double spounge red filter
- 75 jet. The jet itself was the part of Polini kit.
- 8.5 g rollers
- intake derestricted according to Polini kit instruction.
- varioring was already removed.
This setup was recommended to me by Vespa mechanic which is referred as best Piaggio mech in Moscow, Russia. Job was done at his workshop.
Let me give some comments on Polini kit vs Malossi, and see pictures below:
- Polini cylinder is aluminum - same as Malossi. I think that cylinders are almost same.
- the shape of the piston is very different. The weight of the piston is 62 g. (How much is Malossi? Don't know). Don't know if compression ratio is different.
- Polini provides 75 jet as part of the kit.
- Polini Kit is 8-10% cheaper than Malossi, at least on SIP.
- I've installed Polini 140.0210 kit for 50 4t 4v. It doesn't fit 4t2v. Polini has 140.0202 cast iron 80 cc kit for 4t2v, which doesnt fit 4t4v. Malossi fits both 4v and 2v.
Well, with the kit I feel that my Primavera accelerates as fast as my derestricted LX 50 2t, but much more smooth and comfortable, particulary in 0-40 km/h range.
I didnt test top speed and full throttle acceleration, cause I'm in the process of braking in yet.
P.S. Don't ask about 2t engine on the package picture. I think they just use this picture for any packages.
Also rain poncho, scooter cover and letherette grips.
piston from bottom
75 jet and additional air intake tubes