Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:28 am

Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
 
Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:28 am linkquote
Me, 15+ years of lost motorbiking.
Thought it might be a good idea right before my first kid was born to sell my motorcycle, funny my kids fascination of motorcycles and wanting to ride as a passenger and eventually pilot rekindled the two wheel 🏍 🛵 fire.
Luckily had a handshake deal with the wife in 2005 when I sold my immortal beloved 2003 R1, "one more sake rocket and or Harley Davidson before I die" she thought I forgot 😂
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:40 am

Member
300 super
Joined: 28 Jul 2022
Posts: 11
Location: Pennsylvania lehigh valley
 
Member
300 super
Joined: 28 Jul 2022
Posts: 11
Location: Pennsylvania lehigh valley
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:40 am linkquote
CaliforniaCruising wrote:
Me, 15+ years of lost motorbiking.
Thought it might be a good idea right before my first kid was born to sell my motorcycle, funny my kids fascination of motorcycles and wanting to ride as a passenger and eventually pilot rekindled the two wheel 🏍 🛵 fire.
Luckily had a handshake deal with the wife in 2005 when I sold my immortal beloved 2003 R1, "one more sake rocket and or Harley Davidson before I die" she thought I forgot 😂
For me 40 years I'm now 60. Back when I was 20, I was smart enough to know how stupid and reckless I was on two wheels. Thanks to my girlfriend now wife. Planning on retirement in the Dominican Republic. Most popular mode of transportation is two wheels. So I figure better get some practice in before then.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:43 am

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Posts: 2815
Location: Minneapolis USA
 
Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Posts: 2815
Location: Minneapolis USA
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:43 am linkquote
I sold my Ducati at age 26 when I got out of the USN. I did the family/Kids/Career
thing until age 56 when I bought my first scooter and got back into two wheeling.
30 year break.

Since getting back in the saddle with a Scarabeo 150, I have had a Suzuki Burgman 400,
Vespa GTS300 Super and now a 2022 Kymco AD550.

Bob Copeland
Frost Bite Falls Minnesota


350 Ducati Scramble in Italia in the Navy ashore in Naples


Back on the two wheeled road of adventure with a Scarabeo 150


Current Scooter Kymco AD550

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:54 am

Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 1016
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 1016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:54 am linkquote
First day of riding was July 23rd 2007, still a teenager. 15 years later and my longest hiatus was 11 days.

Why would I stop riding voluntarily?
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:49 am

Addicted
Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012
Joined: 08 Aug 2021
Posts: 787
Location: Belgium
 
Addicted
Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012
Joined: 08 Aug 2021
Posts: 787
Location: Belgium
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:49 am linkquote
Sold the BMW R75 in 1991, and bought the BV300 in 2019. So a break of 28 years.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:08 am

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 12905
Location: Oregon City, OR
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 12905
Location: Oregon City, OR
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:08 am linkquote
Took a hiatus from riding after an injury accident when I was in my late 20s. Got back into riding in the early 2000's. About a 27 year break in between - marriage, kids, etc.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:56 am

Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
 
Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:56 am linkquote
adri wrote:
First day of riding was July 23rd 2007, still a teenager. 15 years later and my longest hiatus was 11 days.

Why would I stop riding voluntarily?
Side tracked by life plus was getting my 2 wheel fix
mountain biking.
23 + 1 years of motorcycle riding so far, a dozen of those years as sole primary source of transportation, there will be no further interruptions.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:01 am

Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
 
Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:01 am linkquote
exodus wrote:
For me 40 years I'm now 60. Back when I was 20, I was smart enough to know how stupid and reckless I was on two wheels. Thanks to my girlfriend now wife. Planning on retirement in the Dominican Republic. Most popular mode of transportation is two wheels. So I figure better get some practice in before then.
I also suffer from TWS (twitchy wrist syndrome), scootering is good therapy for my condition
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:28 am

Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 5015
Location: Sparks, Nevada, USA
 
Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 5015
Location: Sparks, Nevada, USA
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:28 am linkquote
I've been riding continuously for 42 years (I'm 60). From the ages of 12-18, I snuck in some riding anytime I could, but it was all unsanctioned (a.k.a. forbidden) by my mother. My peak years were 2000-2015 when I didn't own a car. Now I ride about 2 or 3 times a week. Since I moved to a place with a "real" winter this year, I guess I'll have to park the bike for part of the year.

I guess the closest thing to a hiatus would be around 2015-2016. We moved into a new home in Arizona and it took forever to get situated. My weekends were too full to ride for quite a few months.

-Craig
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:44 am

Member
2022 Primavera 150 "Arancina"
Joined: 11 Sep 2022
Posts: 40
Location: Texas
 
Member
2022 Primavera 150 "Arancina"
Joined: 11 Sep 2022
Posts: 40
Location: Texas
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:44 am linkquote
Had a little 50 cc moped for three years of high school. That was it until I got my Vespa. I loved that moped, and I guess that love never died, because here I am! Only 31 years later.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:50 am

Enthusiast
2022 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: 29 Jun 2022
Posts: 65
Location: Alabama
 
Enthusiast
2022 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: 29 Jun 2022
Posts: 65
Location: Alabama
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:50 am linkquote
2 long miserable years 1991-1992. Purchased a 1993 Teal Green Gold Wing with lots of goodies and a trailer to make up for lost time.


Cherokee, NC with friends daughter

Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:42 pm

Addicted
S150 '09, Beo 500ie '08
Joined: 14 Aug 2019
Posts: 939
Location: Bermuda
 
Addicted
S150 '09, Beo 500ie '08
Joined: 14 Aug 2019
Posts: 939
Location: Bermuda
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:42 pm linkquote
PeterCC wrote:
Sold the BMW R75 in 1991, and bought the BV300 in 2019. So a break of 28 years.
Sold the Spree in 1991, bought the S150 in 2018 - 27.5 year break.

The girl I was dating when I owned the Spree was the one who suggested the Vespa all that time later. (She hasn't ridden on either one.) She may slightly regret that suggestion.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:46 pm

Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 1016
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 1016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:46 pm linkquote
CaliforniaCruising wrote:
Side tracked by life plus was getting my 2 wheel fix
mountain biking.
23 + 1 years of motorcycle riding so far, a dozen of those years as sole primary source of transportation, there will be no further interruptions.
Riding is life.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:34 pm

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
Joined: 04 Oct 2015
Posts: 1174
Location: NYC
 
Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
Joined: 04 Oct 2015
Posts: 1174
Location: NYC
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:34 pm linkquote
I started riding legally in October 1990 I was 22 and rode till 1999. Sold the 1987 Suzuki 750 GSXR for more than I had paid for back in 1990. The I bought a 2000 Honda 150 cc scooter, that got stolen in 2002. Then I was on hiatus till 2012 when I got my first Vespa GTS 300. Haven't been without a Vespa since then.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:36 pm

Member
300 super
Joined: 28 Jul 2022
Posts: 11
Location: Pennsylvania lehigh valley
 
Member
300 super
Joined: 28 Jul 2022
Posts: 11
Location: Pennsylvania lehigh valley
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:36 pm linkquote
CaliforniaCruising wrote:
I also suffer from TWS (twitchy wrist syndrome), scootering is good therapy for my condition
Good I'm old enough to appreciate that therapy.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:30 pm

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 1671
Location: Hyde Park, New York
 
Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 1671
Location: Hyde Park, New York
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:30 pm linkquote
I was off for seven years. I moved into Brooklyn and had no place to keep anything. When I moved to upstate NY I had a garage and beautiful roads to ride on. That was twenty years ago.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:48 pm

Hooked
2020 Liberty 150, 2020 MP3-500
Joined: 06 Oct 2020
Posts: 468
Location: Reno
 
Hooked
2020 Liberty 150, 2020 MP3-500
Joined: 06 Oct 2020
Posts: 468
Location: Reno
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:48 pm linkquote
caschnd1 wrote:
I've been riding continuously for 42 years (I'm 60). From the ages of 12-18, I snuck in some riding anytime I could, but it was all unsanctioned (a.k.a. forbidden) by my mother. My peak years were 2000-2015 when I didn't own a car. Now I ride about 2 or 3 times a week. Since I moved to a place with a "real" winter this year, I guess I'll have to park the bike for part of the year.

I guess the closest thing to a hiatus would be around 2015-2016. We moved into a new home in Arizona and it took forever to get situated. My weekends were too full to ride for quite a few months.

-Craig
The winters have been mild, actual snow on the road, maybe 20 days
Mostly days in the 40's or 50's
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:23 pm

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2018 White
Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 3149
Location: Sydney, Australia
 
Ossessionato
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2018 White
Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 3149
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:23 pm linkquote
I've been riding Vespas continuously for 63 years, except for one year. When I migrated from South Africa to Australia in 1988, I brought my PX200 and BMW 518 car with me. But the car was in a separate container, and only arrived much later than the household goods and Vespa.

I set about registering the Vespa, and fortunately discovered that in Australian law one could only register one imported vehicle in any year. Had I registered the scooter, the car would have stood on slabs for a year. So the scooter was put in the shed and I registered the car when it arrived.
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:42 pm

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 8608
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 8608
Location: Hermit Kingdom
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:42 pm linkquote
Mike Holland wrote:
Had I registered the scooter, the car would have stood on slabs for a year. So the scooter was put in the shed and I registered the car when it arrived.

Get out

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:32 pm

Hooked
2005 Vespa PX 150 Serie America #107 of 500
Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 346
Location: Houston, Texas USA
 
Hooked
2005 Vespa PX 150 Serie America #107 of 500
Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 346
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:32 pm linkquote
I sold my Honda 450 in 1976.
I rode it through my college years.
I bought my PX150 in 2008.

According to my calculations, that makes 32 years during which I never even sat on a 2 wheeler.
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:13 am

Addicted
Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012
Joined: 08 Aug 2021
Posts: 787
Location: Belgium
 
Addicted
Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012
Joined: 08 Aug 2021
Posts: 787
Location: Belgium
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:13 am linkquote
Except for Adri, who did not have a break in riding, and is apparantly quite young, most of us reacting here already have reached a somewhat advanced age.

Me, myself, I am 61 years old and I could be wrong but it seems to me that is maybe even somewhere in the middle.
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:29 am

Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 1016
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 1016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:29 am linkquote
PeterCC wrote:
Except for Adri, who did not have a break in riding, and is apparantly quite young, most of us reacting here already have reached a somewhat advanced age.

Me, myself, I am 61 years old and I could be wrong but it seems to me that is maybe even somewhere in the middle.
I like this forum, because while I'm starting to get as many grey hairs as non greys, mid 30s is apparently still quite young here

But yes, Vespas are for more seasoned ones. My analytics on all my video content shows a huge age discrepancy between the Vespa content (curves much older) vs the rest of my content. It makes sense considering the layout and price point.
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:12 pm

Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
 
Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:12 pm linkquote
adri wrote:
I like this forum, because while I'm starting to get as many grey hairs as non greys, mid 30s is apparently still quite young here

But yes, Vespas are for more seasoned ones. My analytics on all my video content shows a huge age discrepancy between the Vespa content (curves much older) vs the rest of my content. It makes sense considering the layout and price point.
If it wasn't for Adri I might have been the MV 'kid' at 55 😳😂
Don't let up Adri, you and you alone can shatter the record for continuous motorbike riding
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:49 pm

Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Joined: 26 Jul 2013
Posts: 1839
Location: Ohio
 
Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Joined: 26 Jul 2013
Posts: 1839
Location: Ohio
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:49 pm linkquote
Started on my buddies clapped out Honda in Los Angeles when he busted probation in '67...last rode our new Honda CB350 in '68 when called to The Games in S.E. Asia after completing training as a conscientious objector combat medic at Brooke Army Medical Center, TX.
Wife sold it, as instructed, and using my tax free pay - bought our 1st VW (a bus)

Bought my Kymco LIKE200iLX in 2013 for 365 work commuting in Ohio....after selling our final, clapped out, VW.

So, 45 years.

O.S.
Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:48 pm

Member
2022 300gts
Joined: 16 Mar 2022
Posts: 11
Location: O'ahu Hawaii
 
Member
2022 300gts
Joined: 16 Mar 2022
Posts: 11
Location: O'ahu Hawaii
Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:48 pm linkquote
45+ fun filled years of motorcycles. 5 year layoff. Then a Vespa enters my life. Oh baby, where have you been?
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:30 pm

Molto Verboso
GTS (sold)
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Posts: 1011
Location: Motohobo, US
 
Molto Verboso
GTS (sold)
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Posts: 1011
Location: Motohobo, US
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:30 pm linkquote
My hiatus was between bicycling and motorized. Two years post-injury without being on something with two wheels and I was losing it. A classmate friend mentioned they had just gotten a Buddy 125 and was really enjoying it, so curiosity bit...and several months later, 2 days after a snowstorm in January 2009, I rode my first scooter home with my day-old motorcycle learner's permit. No one I knew at the time thought I was serious about it...they all thought it was a fad obsession or coping distraction.
Whoops....
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:57 pm

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 4452
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 4452
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:57 pm linkquote
I had a delivery job in high school on a Fuji Rabbit.

Then I bought a Piaggio MP3 250...

...40 years later.
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:02 am

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Posts: 2882
Location: Finland
 
Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Posts: 2882
Location: Finland
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:02 am linkquote
On and off during the years.

Mayby because of our long winter*, riding has always been for me a hobby and form of transportation among others.

Still gives me great pleasure. Yet, if someone would say that I can't ride at all the next summer, I would just do something else fun


*A typical off-season where I live is ~ October - May, around 7 months, exact time varying a bit year by year.

We have lower than -20C (-4F) in winter and often, but not every year, colder than -30C (-22F)...and yes, there is a handfull of folks who do ride year around, I did that too when younger. The limit for me then was around -4F, after that eyelids got frozen shut too fast...I had a full face helmet, but still the cold wind made my eyes water in those temperatures.

Nowadays, I'll ride until about +8C (17,6F) and then pack it for the season. Done that already this year, this seems to be a cold autumn.
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:25 am

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Posts: 2815
Location: Minneapolis USA
 
Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Posts: 2815
Location: Minneapolis USA
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:25 am linkquote
RRider,

Our limited riding season and typical temperatures are very much
the same in Minnesota USA. Maybe that is why many Finish immigrants
moved to cold Minnesota.

Bob Copeland
Frostbite Falls Minnesota
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:41 am

Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
 
Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:41 am linkquote
Sandman808 wrote:
45+ fun filled years of motorcycles. 5 year layoff. Then a Vespa enters my life. Oh baby, where have you been?
Still enjoy riding my motorcycle but the Vespa is more fun, comfortable and better cargo/utility, it really is the ultimate city machine.
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:47 am

Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
 
Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:47 am linkquote
RRider wrote:
On and off during the years.

Mayby because of our long winter*, riding has always been for me a hobby and form of transportation among others.

Still gives me great pleasure. Yet, if someone would say that I can't ride at all the next summer, I would just do something else fun


*A typical off-season where I live is ~ October - May, around 7 months, exact time varying a bit year by year.

We have lower than -20C (-4F) in winter and often, but not every year, colder than -30C (-22F)...and yes, there is a handfull of folks who do ride year around, I did that too when younger. The limit for me then was around -4F, after that eyelids got frozen shut too fast...I had a full face helmet, but still the cold wind made my eyes water in those temperatures.

Nowadays, I'll ride until about +8C (17,6F) and then pack it for the season. Done that already this year, this seems to be a cold autumn.
Kinda jealous of your 4 season living
but Southern California living has its perks,
we get 12 months of spring like weather with some hot and cold days/weeks that can hit anytime of the year, even when it rains many of us wear shorts.
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:52 am

Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
 
Hooked
2018 Primavera 150, 2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: 02 Aug 2022
Posts: 248
Location: SoCal
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:52 am linkquote
Cheshire wrote:
My hiatus was between bicycling and motorized. Two years post-injury without being on something with two wheels and I was losing it. A classmate friend mentioned they had just gotten a Buddy 125 and was really enjoying it, so curiosity bit...and several months later, 2 days after a snowstorm in January 2009, I rode my first scooter home with my day-old motorcycle learner's permit. No one I knew at the time thought I was serious about it...they all thought it was a fad obsession or coping distraction.
Whoops....
Had a Buddy 125 for a couple of months as a trainer for my teenage girls, that was a great little bike,
very similar acceleration and top speeds as our Primavera 150
but the Vespa is more stable, handles and brakes better.
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:04 pm

Moderatrice Strega
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 7533
Location: Oregone
 
Moderatrice Strega
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 7533
Location: Oregone
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:04 pm linkquote
It was 4 years, quite a while back. But I'm closing in on a separate 3 right now, with no solid end in sight. Hopefully that'll change, but we'll see.

It's not really by choice, so it sucks. I still notice every scoot that goes by and just spontaneously announce what make and model it is, whether or not anyone around me even cares.
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:37 pm

Ossessionato
2019 Supertech (EURO3/APAC 38,000km)
Joined: 17 Nov 2020
Posts: 2312
Location: Batmania aka Melbourne, Australia
 
Ossessionato
2019 Supertech (EURO3/APAC 38,000km)
Joined: 17 Nov 2020
Posts: 2312
Location: Batmania aka Melbourne, Australia
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:37 pm linkquote
for me it was either 3 or 6 months (I forget) when my license was suspended for speeding on my gts about 10 years ago
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:16 am

Hooked
BV250, BV500
Joined: 10 Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Location: SFBay
 
Hooked
BV250, BV500
Joined: 10 Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Location: SFBay
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:16 am linkquote
I had a Cushman Eagle in college, then I rode a borrowed Honda 90 some while I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Jamaica 1967-1969. Then nothing but 4 wheels until 1997 when I bought a Suzuki Intruder 800. In between there were two kids and a whole lot of running around supporting a family, a business, etc. So, 29 years.

And I'm 76 now.
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:27 am

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD)
Joined: 29 Apr 2011
Posts: 3167
Location: Springboro, OH
 
Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD)
Joined: 29 Apr 2011
Posts: 3167
Location: Springboro, OH
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:27 am linkquote
I rode very sparingly as a small kid, so I don't really count that. I didn't really start riding until I was 42, had a bad crash July 2021, and was not able to ride again until April 2022.

Those 9 months were an eternity...but glad to be back on.


Back to riding this spring...was a brutal 9 months in a cage.

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm

Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 1016
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Molto Verboso
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 1016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm linkquote
CaliforniaCruising wrote:
If it wasn't for Adri I might have been the MV 'kid' at 55 😳😂
Don't let up Adri, you and you alone can shatter the record for continuous motorbike riding
lol thanks, and shit man, I hope so! Left the career 9-to-5 world to make my full time living as a solopreneur in the two wheel biz. If I ever stop riding in the next 17 years it's because something bad happened to me.
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:16 pm

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: 27 Sep 2019
Posts: 1066
Location: San Francisco
 
Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: 27 Sep 2019
Posts: 1066
Location: San Francisco
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:16 pm linkquote
adri wrote:
I like this forum, because while I'm starting to get as many grey hairs as non greys, mid 30s is apparently still quite young here
We'll be at the kids' table.
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0498s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0259s) ][ Debug on ][ 225 ][ Thing One ]