OP
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Second Annual Scooter Tag get-together (kinda)
Sunday, July 8
vote on time, place, etc.
Last time we met for breakfast, rode up to Mt. Soledad, on to Oceanside, then east through Lilac, Valley Central, south through Fairbanks Ranch for about a 150 mile day. It was great fun. Open to repeating same.

Or

we could be meet at tag location, ride for a while and tag some more, eat, and either ride more or keep it a short day.

Anyone else free on Sunday?
@mmehren avatar
UTC

Addicted
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)

Addicted
@mmehren avatar
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)
UTC quote
great idea
count me in!
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
UTC quote
I might be able to make it. Not 100% sure yet...
OP
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Len Smith wrote:
I might be able to make it...
That would be awesome! Maybe this could be a ride north to meet the north north county folks, eat, and cruise around wine country.
@megamod avatar
UTC

Addicted
2006 LX150, 2009 250, '80 P200, '80 PX200

Addicted
@megamod avatar
UTC quote
Would so love to ride with you guys, but my plate might be too full. I'm trying to work on the cabin and in the meantime trying to get ready for the France trip leaving on Friday the 13th. And yes, we are touring by Vespa in France. But, if you meet for breakfast, post and maybe Jack and I can at least get to that if we're not up in the Lagunas. If we are, I will send you directions and you could scoot by! Two miles is on a DCG road though.
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300(black & white), GTS300(red)

Ossessionato
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC quote
Meet where and when????
@mmehren avatar
UTC

Addicted
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)

Addicted
@mmehren avatar
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)
UTC quote
needs work
I'm thinking the San Diego people (which may just be me if nobody else responds... ) would meet somewhere sort of central (north park, university heights, mission valley?) for coffee around 8:30ish... hang out n chat for an hour, then, scoot to and up Genesee to the coast and cut across to Escondido (or Vista, or somewhere else good).

the North County people could pick a lunch place up there (I know nothing up there, so defer choice). eat, then scoot a route picked by the North County group (again, they know their twisty routes better than I do).

scoot all over north of the 56 and then part ways at some point. could be 100-150 miles or so depending on where people come from. not bad for a day

pretty sparse in terms of details, but that's how I saw Sunday panning out. comments, ideas?
@dirtyrat avatar
UTC

Hooked
Stella 150 4T | Stella 150 2T 'Atomic FireBall' model

Hooked
@dirtyrat avatar
Stella 150 4T | Stella 150 2T 'Atomic FireBall' model
UTC quote
Megamod wrote:
Would so love to ride with you guys, but my plate might be too full. I'm trying to work on the cabin and in the meantime trying to get ready for the France trip leaving on Friday the 13th. And yes, we are touring by Vespa in France. But, if you meet for breakfast, post and maybe Jack and I can at least get to that if we're not up in the Lagunas. If we are, I will send you directions and you could scoot by! Two miles is on a DCG road though.
So jealous about the tour in France! will there be a blog post or something about your travels?

I'm in L.A. sunday, so have fun without my smelly 2-stroke self...
@mmehren avatar
UTC

Addicted
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)

Addicted
@mmehren avatar
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)
UTC quote
DirtyRAT wrote:
I'm in L.A. sunday, so have fun without my smelly 2-stroke self...
... we'll miss your Stella too Razz emoticon we'll see how this shapes up and, if things go well, maybe do it quarterly???
OP
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Sounds like a good outline, mm. We could meet at Kensington Coffee, 4141 Adams Ave. (between Marlborough Dr & Edgeware Rd) San Diego, CA 92116. Being close to the 15 may be useful if it's mostly bigger scooters and we decide to meet the northerly folks at an earlier time. 8:30am meet up and 9am ksu? That could get us up to Fallbrook(ish) by 10-10:30 if we take the freeway; 11-11:30 if we take the scenic route.

Looks like from the south it's mm and ks for sure. Meg and Jack are a maybe. North are J2N and Len, both unconfirmed. Maybe we could rope grscum, gogordy and Pat into coming along.

Sorry you won't be able to join us DR. Anybody else wanna ride?
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC quote
In.... Just need a place to meet in Fallbrook.
OP
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
JimmyTwoNutz wrote:
In...
Yay! It'll be good to see you again. Bringing Mrs. J2N?

Fallbrook (or Temecula or other) meet-up time and place still undetermined. Hoping some of the other no. county riders will chime in and make suggestions. Will definitely be firmed up before Sunday.
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
UTC quote
I plan to be there.
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC quote
The Mrs. will not be able to make it.

Len... Fallbrook is your town. Where is a good place to meet?
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
UTC quote
The Park N Ride next to the Mobil station at the intersection of the 15 and hwy 76?
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC quote
Len Smith wrote:
The Park N Ride next to the Mobil station at the intersection of the 15 and hwy 76?
Sounds good to me.... meet @10:30-11:00.
@megamod avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@megamod avatar
UTC quote
So far, I think we're in for breakfast only. I don't think we're heading to mtns. today. Regarding France, I probably won't do a full blog, but will post on my FB page. Two years ago when we toured England I would try and post 3 pics a night. My students (I teach history) followed it, so it was great fun for them.
OP
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
In summary,

8:30am meet at Kensington Coffee, 4141 Adams Ave. KSU will depend on whether to take the freeway or a longer, more scenic route. Either way, not later than 9:30am.

10:30-11am meet at Fallbrook Park N Ride, next to the Mobil station at the 15 and 76.

I've was thinking Sunrize Cafe or Nessy Burger for lunch (only because they've been tag locations). We can figure that out tomorrow. Same for the route. I'll bring paper maps

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

P.S. All are welcome. If you see this and want to join in, please feel free to show up at either location.
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC quote
I wanted to thank everyone for a great ride and good company. We must do it again.
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
UTC quote
JimmyTwoNutz wrote:
I wanted to thank everyone for a great ride and good company. We must do it again.
Ditto, and thanks Karen for taking the initiative to get us together!
@mmehren avatar
UTC

Addicted
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)

Addicted
@mmehren avatar
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)
UTC quote
ditto the ditto
Great ride before and after a great lunch. Leftovers in the pet carrier stayed nice and warm all the way home! Oh, and my mileage for the ride (45-50 mph average with hardly any stops) hit 80mpg!! That's like icing on an already grand adventure.

Thank you Len and Jimmy2Nutz for leading the various stages of the ride. Perfect speeds, excellent twisties and, until it hit 95 degrees coming down that hill into Temecula, perfectly nice weather. Wow that was a sudden increase in temperature!!

We'll have to try to do that again sometime either down here, up there again, or even somewhere further to the right (or left, depending on which way you're facing).
OP
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
triple ditto
Started off the day on the wrong foot
Got up early (that's never good). Looked for and didn't find the current scooter tag (and won't have time in the coming week, so it's up to somebody else to move the game along).

Things started looking up when I got to Kensington. Matt was already there and Meg and Jack pulled up just after me. Wow - y'all sure have a lot of energy in the morning! So glad we got together before you left on your French scooter adventure. Have a great trip and Happy Anniversary!

Freeway traffic was light and we made it to Fallbrook mere minutes before Len and Doug. Len led the way on a gorgeous ride through Fallbrook, Temecula and Rainbow that really should be a long ride option for AmeriVespa.

We stopped at Rainbow Oaks Restaurant for lunch. It's local biker hangout and usually very busy. Len's timing was perfect as most of the breakfast crowd was leaving. We took bets on how long it would take some brave soul to park next to our four scooters.

Lunch was delicious and conversation was sparkling but there were more lovely roads to ride. Len headed home and Doug lead us through Rice Canyon, Couser Canyon and West Lilac Road. Perfect!

Doug headed north at Old 395 while Matt and I continued south through San Marcos and Rancho Santa Fe. Could not have asked for a better day riding: perfect weather, great road conditions and outstanding company.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0193s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0084s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]