@cj_scoot avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 GTS 250 ie

Hooked
@cj_scoot avatar
2007 GTS 250 ie
UTC quote
After 6 weeks of beating my head against various objects, while I waited for my 250 to finish repairs, she is HOME!! Drove back from SC on HWY1 passing all the Harleys on the way to Moss Landing. B-E-A- utiful day to ride yesterday.
Can't wait for next run to .... ??
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@1markc avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2011 Vespa 300 GTV

Enthusiast
@1markc avatar
2011 Vespa 300 GTV
UTC quote
Re: Got her back!
CJ Scoot wrote:
After 6 weeks of beating my head against various objects, while I waited for my 250 to finish repairs, she is HOME!! Drove back from SC on HWY1 passing all the Harleys on the way to Moss Landing. B-E-A- utiful day to ride yesterday.
Nice! Love the look of your scoot! I see your from PG,Ca. I have family in Monterey. What an awesome area for riding scooters. What was wrong with your scoot that required 6 weeks of work?
@willie_b avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221

Ossessionato
@willie_b avatar
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221
UTC quote
Glad you've got your wheels back. I like the way you've personalized your scoot, very groovy.
@disney avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa '09 GTS 250ie Super, '09 S150 (sold), Genuine '07 Buddy 125cc (sold)

Addicted
@disney avatar
Vespa '09 GTS 250ie Super, '09 S150 (sold), Genuine '07 Buddy 125cc (sold)
UTC quote
Oh man! I go crazy if my scooter is out of commission for a couple of days. Ever since I've started riding scooters, I started to hate the idea of public transportation. $2.50 per ride, $5 round trip... That's almost gas for a week!

I'm glad you got it back. It must have been torture!
OP
@cj_scoot avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 GTS 250 ie

Hooked
@cj_scoot avatar
2007 GTS 250 ie
UTC quote
1markc wrote:
CJ Scoot wrote:
Nice! Love the look of your scoot! I see your from PG,Ca. I have family in Monterey. What an awesome area for riding scooters. What was wrong with your scoot that required 6 weeks of work?
At first the engine stopped running had to wait a week or so just to get it to the shop, this was the fuel injector replaced. then on the way home the engine light came back on and it started up again. had to wait another 10 days to get her back to the shop, thenthe voltage regulator went out and i was eating up the battery. the shop said it would be two days for the part and an hour to install.turned out to be 10 days and over 3 hours to do. My wife said I'm getting a diagnostic tool from scooterwest for bday so I don't have to drive an hour to the shop on HWY 1.
UTC

Addicted
LX150

Addicted
LX150
UTC quote
Great news.

Your bike is pret-ty wild 8)

My brain keeps trying to fit some bamboo on there somehow.

Harv
@1markc avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2011 Vespa 300 GTV

Enthusiast
@1markc avatar
2011 Vespa 300 GTV
UTC quote
At first the engine stopped running had to wait a week or so just to get it to the shop, this was the fuel injector replaced. then on the way home the engine light came back on and it started up again. had to wait another 10 days to get her back to the shop, thenthe voltage regulator went out and i was eating up the battery. the shop said it would be two days for the part and an hour to install.turned out to be 10 days and over 3 hours to do. My wife said I'm getting a diagnostic tool from scooterwest for bday so I don't have to drive an hour to the shop on HWY 1.[/quote]

Wow! Thats a lot of problems Your scoot doesnt look very old. Just unlucky? Or...are these common troubles experienced with Vespa? Hope your trouble free for a long time now!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0248s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0043s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]