OP
UTC

GTS 250

GTS 250
UTC quote
My fuel pump is dead. or dying.. I was wondering if there is a alternative.? I think you can possibly hook up a non vespa pump,, from where do we get them? Has anyone done this? Anyine know of the psi pressure the OEM pump puts out?

I see some on ebay for like 89.00,, says it replaces the stock pump? has anyone gone this route?

Help!

I just wanna ride!
OP
UTC

GTS 250

GTS 250
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
So, is your GTS 250 one of the bikes covered by the recall (most 250s between '08 and the end of production are)? If so, just go get the pump replaced at a dealer at no cost. The new design pump is reliable and should give you no trouble.
OP
UTC

GTS 250

GTS 250
UTC quote
It has already been done at the dealer about a ye

ar ago..will they do it again?
@muriel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV 250

Molto Verboso
@muriel avatar
BV 250
UTC quote
AVLRIDER wrote:
It has already been done at the dealer about a ye

ar ago..will they do it again?
Oh goodness! Goodness, goodness!

I went through this recently. Supposedly the fuel pump was replaced on this brand new bike BEFORE I bought it brand new from the dealer. Okay, good, right? Well, some 3,000 miles later while still under warranty, the fuel pump developed issues. So, back to the dealership the scooter went and two weeks later they installed a new fuel pump. According to the service manager, this fuel pump is the latest update. According to him, the fuel pump has been updated a few times. True? I don't know.

Anyhow, if you count them, my scooter then is on its 2nd updated fuel pump.

I live in VA/NC, and our extremely hot humid summers along with the hot fuel is surely good testing situation for Piaggio's fuel pumps.
@huckleberry avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@huckleberry avatar
UTC quote
FWIW, the fuel pump just failed a couple of days ago on my (slightly out of warranty) 2011 300GTS and was subsequently replaced by the dealer @ no charge. While the scooter was being serviced, I had a chat with the service technician and was told that mine was the only 2011 300GTS that had come back in for a fuel pump problem. When I asked him about 2010s, he said that almost all were recalled and replaced.

Due to the rainy weather, I really haven't had a chance to put any miles on the scooter yet to test it out, but at least it does start up and run normally.

Since the dealer was more than willing to not charge me for parts or labor, I didn't consider taking any other routes for replacement.
@hairball avatar
UTC

Hooked
2013 Vespa 300 SS

Hooked
@hairball avatar
2013 Vespa 300 SS
UTC quote
I recently looked into the same thing and found that automotive fuel pumps come in a couple of different pressures.
I was told by a mechanic that it shouldn't make much difference as long as you are in the same pressure range...

I know my pressure is around 2-4 pounds on my 2010 150S (carburated) was going to cost $200 just for the pump.... I would have found a way around the $200 OEM.

.. Luckily, My problem wasn't the pump, The spark plug wire just came out of the boot during oil change.
OP
UTC

GTS 250

GTS 250
UTC quote
Anyone know the PSI for the 2007 gts 250 fuel pump..
@glasseye avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125

Ossessionato
@glasseye avatar
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125
UTC quote
AVLRIDER wrote:
Anyone know the PSI for the 2007 gts 250 fuel pump..
31-35 LBS.

R
OP
UTC

GTS 250

GTS 250
UTC quote
So I will assume that if I found a after market fuel pump in the 31-35 psi range I should be good and just by pass the one in the tank,, I think a solid state one might do the trick.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0279s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0061s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]