@llazy1 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio BV200

Hooked
@llazy1 avatar
Piaggio BV200
UTC quote
I've never worn sunglasses with the sun visor down.
I live on the oregon coast where blazing sun is not an issue.
@shanghai_dan avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 500 - Black Sunshine

Addicted
@shanghai_dan avatar
MP3 500 - Black Sunshine
UTC quote
cdwise wrote:
jen z wrote:
I currently have a fullface helmet and was looking at getting one of these Nolan modular helmets, but for a different reason. Wearing my sunglasses with my helmet gives me a killer headache due to the plastic digging into my temples. Does the sun visor in the Nolan helmet provide adequate sun protection or do you wear sunglasses underneath?
The answer is "it depends". Most of the time it is more than adequate and I like that the guages are read below the internal sun visor. Others wish it was lower. Going directly into a setting sun I usually end up either stopping and waiting for the sun to get out of the angle that glares into my eyes or if I can't I'll put a pair of sunglasses on as well but that's me and everyone is different.
That was one of the reasons I got my AFX - the shield comes down to the very tip of my nose, so 99% of my field of vision is covered with a fairly dark sun visor. No reflections or leaking light, and it's plenty dark for me when heading west into the setting sun.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
Shanghai Dan wrote:
That was one of the reasons I got my AFX - the shield comes down to the very tip of my nose, so 99% of my field of vision is covered with a fairly dark sun visor. No reflections or leaking light, and it's plenty dark for me when heading west into the setting sun.
This is why it is good there are multiple options. I don't like to ride with something that is so dark that the setting sun (or rising sun for that matter) is comfortable. That would make it too dark for me. I suspect your sun glasses are darker than mine too. I also am happy enough with the placement since too dark makes it hard for me to read guages. 100% of my road view is covered but glancing down it isn't which suits me.
OP
@tabs avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa LX150ie

Hooked
@tabs avatar
Vespa LX150ie
UTC quote
Wow - thank you all for your replies!

I obviously need to look at a better ventilated helmet/a pinlock insert. We are heading into Summer here in Australia, so I think that Nolan looks like a great option...

Thank you for confirming that it is the chin protection that makes it worthwhile to wear a full face/modular. Those faceless helmets are so pretty I need reasons to stick with the safe ones!!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0334s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0127s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]