OP
@scooterdoodler avatar
UTC

Banned

Banned
@scooterdoodler avatar
UTC quote
We have some old friends from Minneapolis who recently bought a house in the Black Hills, about six miles from our house. They were here last week and over the holiday weekend. They are avid motorcyclists and own four BMW's, two of which are F650's. There are not many couples in the area that ride together on F650's...actually, none.

Last night on my commute home from work in the car, starting on the outskirts of town, I noticed two riders coming up behind me. They were on BMW F650s and were heading in the general direction of Bob and Bonnie's house if they continued in 'our' direction.

I said to myself "hey! that's Bob and Bonnie, and they don't recognize me in my car, hee, hee...this'll be fun".

From inside my car, I start to wave like a fool at them for a few seconds....no effect. 'Bob' just keeps riding behind me, not giving any indication that he sees me.

Then I roll down my window, stick my arm out and give them a little show of ridiculous hand movements....still nothing, 'Bob' just keeps chugging along behind me, looking straight ahead.

Now, we're about a half mile from my turn-off to our house, so I resort to desperate measures to get their attention....I was returning home with a bag of Taco Johns junk for supper on the console, so in a flash of brilliance, I take a couple of those brown napkins out of the bag, tear off little pieces, hold them deliberately out the window and release them, one at a time, to flutter back towards 'Bob and Bonnie'.

Surely, they know it's me by now, but they still don't make any indication that they recognize me.

After I release perhaps five little napkin shreds at 'Bob', I see him finally raise his clutch hand from the bars and give me the finger, which delights me to no end and I giggle like a little girl at the thought that he still doesn't recognize me and thinks I'm some yahoo bombarding him with little nappy chunks.

As I approach my turnoff, I hold my hand out the window one last time and point to the left in an jabbing gesture to see if I can get them to follow me the last block and a half to our house, but as I turn, they just pass by and continue down the road.

I give them about twenty minutes to get to their house and then call Bonnie on her cell phone to tell her that the clown in front of them was me and not some random idiot throwing napkin shrapnel at them....I couldn't wait to tell 'Bob' that he was really 'gesturing' at old John rather than a certified crackpot.

Bonnie answers and I ask her if they've recently encountered any weirdos...like, maybe a half hour ago on Sturgis Road?

No, she says, they're in the car and just arriving in Minneapolis.

I have no idea who the two F650 riders were, but I suspect that they had an 'interesting' conversation at their next gas stop about the nutburger cager jumping around in his car waving and pelting them with little napkin shards.

⚠️ Last edited by Scooterdoodler on UTC; edited 1 time
@still_shifting avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Chetak

Ossessionato
@still_shifting avatar
Chetak
UTC quote
Don't you love it when you make a fool of your self? It always amuses me in retrospect... R
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
UTC quote
HAHA! Classic! I laughed out loud (for real).
@mutt_the_hoople avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Buddy Pamplona 50cc, Vespa GTV 250ie

Molto Verboso
@mutt_the_hoople avatar
Buddy Pamplona 50cc, Vespa GTV 250ie
UTC quote
Omg... I just sprayed coffee on my iPhone. I'm still laughing. I did that once... On the stairs going to the library. And it sure looked like my friend... From the back and the side, he had a classical guitar case... And I was yelling and waving... He really did look like a friend of mine... Until he turned around and the puzzled look was NOT my friend's face. And I just sputtered like a fool. Oopsie daisy
@gromitdaddy avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa LX50 "Lil Piggy"

Addicted
@gromitdaddy avatar
Vespa LX50 "Lil Piggy"
UTC quote
Truly classic!
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
That is funny. They may have followed you if you had waved the taco bag at them.
@belkwinith avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@belkwinith avatar
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
UTC quote
Laughing emoticon

love it.
@5plates25screws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2011 GTS 300ie "MoodyBlu"

Enthusiast
@5plates25screws avatar
2011 GTS 300ie "MoodyBlu"
UTC quote
Were their any Taco Burgers in that Taco John's bag?

I would have followed you to the end for a Taco John's taco burger.
OP
@scooterdoodler avatar
UTC

Banned

Banned
@scooterdoodler avatar
UTC quote
5plates25screws wrote:
Were their any Taco Burgers in that Taco John's bag?

I would have followed you to the end for a Taco John's taco burger.
Sorry, two chicken burritos and one softshell taco.
@raiderfn31 avatar
UTC

Banned
PGO Buddy 150 "St Tropez" imported by Genuine scooter co.

Banned
@raiderfn31 avatar
UTC quote
That's hilarious. Laughing emoticon
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
UTC quote
I have had a similar experience where trying to capture the attention of 2 "friends" of mine, to the point of making a complete jackass of myself...a midday full moon from the front of my boat on a crowded lake, only to find out it wasn't my friends.

Hilarious stuff. Laughing emoticon
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
One Saturday morning, many years ago, I stumbled out of bed and found my way into the kitchen only to find my wife, in her nightgown, bent over looking in a lower cupboard. I gave her my usual greeting whenever she dropped her guard like that. I reached down and grabbed a handful of heaven and my wife's twin sister turned around and yelled, "!!!RICHARD!!!" I had forgotten that she was staying with us for the weekend.
@raiderfn31 avatar
UTC

Banned

Banned
@raiderfn31 avatar
UTC quote
NightWing wrote:
One Saturday morning, many years ago, I stumbled out of bed and found my way into the kitchen only to find my wife, in her nightgown, bent over looking in a lower cupboard. I gave her my usual greeting whenever she dropped her guard like that. I reached down and grabbed a handful of heaven and my wife's twin sister turned around and yelled, "!!!RICHARD!!!" I had forgotten that she was staying with us for the weekend.
ROFL emoticon ROFL emoticon
@bleverone avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GTV 250

Molto Verboso
@bleverone avatar
GTS 250ie, GTV 250
UTC quote
And they say there's nothing to do in South Dakota?

You have a great story, but even better sense of humor. Yea-that couple on the two BMW's might be talking about your encounter, but, Hell- you are sharing!

Thanks!
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
Thank you so much for the laugh! ROFL emoticon
@monit avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300

Molto Verboso
@monit avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
You idiot Facepalm emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0345s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0078s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]