@rfman81 avatar
UTC

Hooked
A couple oldies

Hooked
@rfman81 avatar
A couple oldies
UTC quote
I know there are tons of these threads, so apologies but I need to ask. Looked at a GT200 2008 with 296 miles today. It had been dropped by the guys wife with some scrapping on the bottom fender.

He is asking $3,800. I offered $3,200 due to the drop and it was sitting with cobwebs. He dropped to $3,500. Would you do this? I don't think it's worth that much, it's 4 years old, It was dropped and has never been serviced or anything changed.

Thanks for your thoughts.

*edit* Located in the south per vodoo's question.
⚠️ Last edited by rfman81 on UTC; edited 1 time
@voodooaddict avatar
UTC

Hooked
Gearing up for 2013 GTS 300 Super

Hooked
@voodooaddict avatar
Gearing up for 2013 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Re: Some thoughts on this deal
rfman81 wrote:
I know there are tons of these threads, so apologies but I need to ask. Looked at a GT200 2008 with 296 miles today. It had been dropped by the guys wife with some scrapping on the bottom fender.

He is asking $3,800. I offered $3,200 due to the drop and it was sitting with cobwebs. He dropped to $3,500. Would you do this? I don't think it's worth that much, it's 4 years old, It was dropped and has never been serviced or anything changed.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Where are you located? Midwest, east coast, west coat, deep south, northern hill, southeastern desert? Canada, New Zealand, Australia?

As to the rest of it. I'll let other wheeler dealers who buy sell bikes regularly make the biggest impact... I can already tell you from the used bikes I've been looking for, and the other pricing threads I've been reading, I think $3,500 could get me a used GTS250 (low to mid miles in lightly dropped/scratched condition) - if I am patient enough. (Midwest around Chicago)
@scootergirlinal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 BV 350

Ossessionato
@scootergirlinal avatar
2012 BV 350
UTC quote
I sold my GT200 this summer for $2800 with just under 6000 miles. It had a new front tire mounted, a new rear tire I sent home with the buyer. I also had the stock windscreen mounted and buyer also got a tall windscreen for the winter months. The scooter also had a top case. All services done and scooter had been gently dropped once with no damage thanks to crash bars (which also had no damage). Even though it was not stored outside it was in great shape as I kept it protected from the elements and cleaned it after riding.

At $2800 I probably sold a bit low, but I'm in Birmingham, AL and was thrilled that seven days after listing my scooter for $3000 someone paid cash just below asking price. It seems $3500 is a bit high for a GT200. I would probably keep shopping.
@dirt_guy avatar
UTC

'06 GTS

@dirt_guy avatar
'06 GTS
UTC quote
I would think that you could find a GTS in similar condition for that price. If you are not in a "hotbed of scooterdom", used ones go for less than they really should.

I just sold my '06 GTS (needing tires & 7,700 miles) with mid and tall windscreens and a full set of chrome crash bars for $3,300. But, here in OK, there isn't a dealership within two hours and very few Vespas.

Most folks I have dialouged with won't pay the premium Vespas (should) bring when Japanese and Korean scooters are more plentiful and cheaper.

The GT should (maybe) bring $2,750 in my mind. The low miles means a carb clean if it weren't stored correctly. Then, subtract for the cosmetic issues from the drop and I think my figure is pretty fair.
UTC

GTS 300, S150

GTS 300, S150
UTC quote
Dirt Guy wrote:
The GT should (maybe) bring $2,750 in my mind. The low miles means a carb clean if it weren't stored correctly. Then, subtract for the cosmetic issues from the drop and I think my figure is pretty fair.
+1 for that.
I'll go out on a limb and guess it wasn't prepped for a 4 year storage.
UTC

Hooked
2005 GT 200

Hooked
2005 GT 200
UTC quote
I paid $2200.00 for a 2006 GT200 with 2700 miles on it. It was also in near perfect condition.

AZCRAIG
@cheetohh avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@cheetohh avatar
UTC quote
A friend in the car/motorcycle business gets vespas at auction. He has a 09 GT200 out of dallas that had been stolen. The entire starting system had been ripped out and he had rigged it up with a switch in the glovebox and a keyed lock on the glove box. He wants 2,800. GT200's are proving themselves to be reliable and not alot of issues. Carbed engine instead of Fuel injection. They could become sought out bikes in the near future.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0277s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0034s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]