UTC

Addicted
MP3 250

Addicted
@maroy avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
Come on by and say hello.

On the morning of Sept. 20, 2012, the Space Shuttle Endeavour will salute the people of NASA Ames and Northern California with a low-level flyover of NASA Ames Research Center before being permanently installed at the California Science Center in Los Angeles. The approximate time for the flyover is between 9:00 to 9:30 a.m.

To commemorate this event and celebrate NASA Ames' contributions to the Space Shuttle Program, the Center will hold a public event at the Moffett Field airfield and open areas surrounding building 158, starting at 6:00 a.m. The program will include a welcome by Ames Center Director S. Pete Worden, informational booths and presentations highlighting Ames' contributions to the Space Shuttle program. The event will culminate with the flyover of the space shuttle.

All Ames employees are invited to the public event and are advised to expect increased traffic. For employees, alternate viewing areas include Zook Road and the open areas adjacent to buildings N244 and N245. The public is expected to vacate Moffett Field one hour after the shuttle departs.
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT
UTC quote
Thanks for that. I've passed it on to a bunch of company personnel that is directly under the flight path to moffett, about a mile away.

Best
Miguel
@bklwashere avatar
UTC

Addicted
2006 Piaggio BV250

Addicted
@bklwashere avatar
2006 Piaggio BV250
UTC quote
Sounds like a great event! The shuttle is definitely worth seeing. I was lucky enough to be in Cocoa Beach the morning that Discovery left the Kennedy Space Center on her way to the Air and Space Museum near DC. By the time I made it to Orlando airport for my flight back to the DC area, the DC flyover was being broadcast on the news.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@bleubelle avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super "Yukihime" 2013 BV350 "Silvar""

Ossessionato
@bleubelle avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super "Yukihime" 2013 BV350 "Silvar""
UTC quote
@#$%!! I live just down the street from Moffet and I have have two stupid staff meetings at work that morning (up the peninsula in Foster City), so I'm gonna miss it. Grrrrr
@oscillator avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1974 Rally 200

Molto Verboso
@oscillator avatar
1974 Rally 200
UTC quote
>>>On Oct. 11, 2011, NASA transferred title and ownership of Endeavour to the California Science Center in Los Angeles.

Endeavor has a pink slip???

-Osc
@glasseye avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125

Ossessionato
@glasseye avatar
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125
UTC quote
Oscillator wrote:

-Osc
Only on the playa.

R
@victor1 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2011 LX150ie two tone expresso

Molto Verboso
@victor1 avatar
2011 LX150ie two tone expresso
UTC quote
Oscillator wrote:
>>>On Oct. 11, 2011, NASA transferred title and ownership of Endeavour to the California Science Center in Los Angeles.

-Osc
Was thinking the same thing, a title? They'll have to make sure they get the red key and that it is properly signed off. FWIW, in Michigan, if it goes to a relative you don't have to pay sales tax.
@hamonthree avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 250 (His) LX150 (Hers)

Molto Verboso
@hamonthree avatar
MP3 250 (His) LX150 (Hers)
UTC quote
I still think the Enterprise should have gone to the EAA in Oshkosh. It was the experimental one.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0298s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0091s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]