@scooter-it avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 2020

Hooked
@scooter-it avatar
GTS 300 2020
UTC quote
Frequently I read horror storied about Vespa / Piaggio scooter owners having to wait weeks sometimes even months for a part to arrive.

What about contacting a Vespa dealer in Italy asking them to ship the part directly to you. Any one been doing this? Any recommended Italian Vespa dealers willing to ship parts?
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
SIP Scootershop has a big online presence, and usually stocks just about everything. You still have to wait for overseas shipping and possibly pay extra taxes, but they generally ship fast and have decent enough costs that it's actually worth it.
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/

The dealers in the US are usually subject to whatever's in and going on with the US warehouse. There's only so much they can do about it.
OP
@scooter-it avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 2020

Hooked
@scooter-it avatar
GTS 300 2020
UTC quote
Thanks for the quick reply
This shop is in Germany witch will make it easy for my to communicate with. Also German's are usually very reliable.
Still I would be interested in finding an Italian shop as they might have a shorter supply chain...
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
A lot of folks here on MV have had great experiences with SIP. I haven't ordered from them yet, but I'm sure I will at some point.

If you do find an Italian shop willing to work across the pond, please post the info and your experience. Might come in handy for others.
@greg531 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
63 GL 150, 05 Typhoon, 09 Beo 200

Molto Verboso
@greg531 avatar
63 GL 150, 05 Typhoon, 09 Beo 200
UTC quote
It seems the German shops tend to stock about everything....
If customs call.....tell them it's spare parts!
@mike_holland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige

Ossessionato
@mike_holland avatar
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige
UTC quote
I have had a lot of dealings with Vespaspares in the UK, and the gnerally have what I weant in stock.

But you can't beat SIP for quick. THey seem to post the items the day before they get the order!

I usually use SIP for aftermarkety stuff, but they won't ship orders below $100 to Australia.

Mike
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Domestically I have used Scooter West most of the time. It should be faster for you since you are IN California. They do have the biggest Vespa parts warehouse in the country. No complaints about SIP either. I would not use an Italian distributor. Italians are much too lackadaisical compared to our American business model.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0284s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0057s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]