@joshualukethayer avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
P150X (euro)

Enthusiast
@joshualukethayer avatar
P150X (euro)
UTC quote
Just finished my first rebuild on my 1981 P. It won't start and the carb is flooding. I think I need to adjust the timing. Any other thoughts on what may cause this?
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
A common one for flooding is your float / float needle... give a look and see that your float is in good order and your needle is seating correctly in the needle valve.
@rick_v avatar
UTC

Hooked
1974 Rally, 1978 P200E, 2000 HD Fat Boy. 2007 HD Street Glide

Hooked
@rick_v avatar
1974 Rally, 1978 P200E, 2000 HD Fat Boy. 2007 HD Street Glide
UTC quote
carb flooding
After I finished my P, as soon as I opened up the petcock , fuel was flowing out of the carb. I tried a new float and needle, but didnt work. WHat worked was I bought a new top assy complete for the carb.. No more fuel trail.
OP
@joshualukethayer avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
P150X (euro)

Enthusiast
@joshualukethayer avatar
P150X (euro)
UTC quote
Ughhhh. Thanks guys. I will check this out. Just rebuilt this before the engine rebuild.

Thought the carb may have been the issue at first. Still turned over before I rebuilt the motor, just getting fuel out of the oil breather which sealed the deal on the engine rebuild.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0222s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0038s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]