OP
UTC

47 Salsbury,56,63, 65 Apes, 61 Cushman GS, 74 Smallframe,81 P200, Whatever I'm testing at the moment

47 Salsbury,56,63, 65 Apes, 61 Cushman GS, 74 Smallframe,81 P200, Whatever I'm testing at the moment
UTC quote
Scoot! is closing the warehouse. It's pretty simple here folks, we have a warehouse full of magazines that you guys can purchase if you want. Visit our website [url]www.thescootclub.com[/url]

We arnt packing up the business. We are just dumping some overhead which we dont really need. Any magazines not sold by the end of the month will be recycled. It's pretty simple.

This is not a call to jump to conclusions. Scoot! is still looking for content and taking memberships and is still a part of the community. It's just obvious that people arn't that interested in hard copies of the magazine. So why spend the money to house 14 years, 13 tons, and 52,000 copies of the magazine if we are not going to sell them?

Many of the back issues come with pins, stickers, and postcards. Want to see pictures of Mid 90's scooter scene or American scooter rallies that were over 400 scooters strong, tech articles and more? it's all in there.

Any specific questions can be directed at me josh@thescootclub.com
I'll be responding to those and any general questions posted here.

Thanks again for your support.
Keep the rubber side down
Josh
@sock_head avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@sock_head avatar
UTC quote
I bought everything I was missing that you still had in stock years ago. Glad to have done it. I ended with the 60th issue however. Is your digital copy something I can read on my iPad using Zinio or is each issue a unique download (like a PDF) or something I have to visit the site to read?

Thx
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
Good luck! BTW the newsletter is great, good to see you're keeping at it!

Thanks for the good work,

Tom
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Thank you for completing your collection.

2013 should see downloadable e-reader friendly versions of new content. So it's around the corner. Most likely the magazine will be available in iBookstore, and other places supporting other platforms.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Thanks Tom
@voneschenbach avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
A fracking cage sadly

Ossessionato
@voneschenbach avatar
A fracking cage sadly
UTC quote
Any bundle deals (i.e. all back issues together)?
@turkman avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 GTV 250

Ossessionato
@turkman avatar
2009 GTV 250
UTC quote
Price...
For one of every issue you have left.

Thanks,
OP
UTC

UTC quote
The price for a full set is $100. its about 50 issues. we sold out of several in the past 8 years.
@turkman avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 GTV 250

Ossessionato
@turkman avatar
2009 GTV 250
UTC quote
PM
Sent
@larrylarry75 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3-500 aka Red Dog 2007 Vespa 250ie

Ossessionato
@larrylarry75 avatar
2009 MP3-500 aka Red Dog 2007 Vespa 250ie
UTC quote
Re: Scoot! magazine warehouse closing.
Josh@Scoot! wrote:
Scoot! is closing the warehouse. It's pretty simple here folks, we have a warehouse full of magazines that you guys can purchase if you want. Visit our website [url]www.thescootclub.com[/url]

We arnt packing up the business. We are just dumping some overhead which we dont really need. Any magazines not sold by the end of the month will be recycled. It's pretty simple.

This is not a call to jump to conclusions. Scoot! is still looking for content and taking memberships and is still a part of the community. It's just obvious that people arn't that interested in hard copies of the magazine. So why spend the money to house 14 years, 13 tons, and 52,000 copies of the magazine if we are not going to sell them?

Many of the back issues come with pins, stickers, and postcards. Want to see pictures of Mid 90's scooter scene or American scooter rallies that were over 400 scooters strong, tech articles and more? it's all in there.

Any specific questions can be directed at me josh@thescootclub.com
I'll be responding to those and any general questions posted here.

Thanks again for your support.
Keep the rubber side down
Josh
Rotsaruck, sell the heck out of 'em!

LL75 Wha? emoticon
@sock_head avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@sock_head avatar
UTC quote
Josh@Scoot! wrote:
The price for a full set is $100. its about 50 issues. we sold out of several in the past 8 years.
Smokin' deal. The pins alone are worth $25.
@muriel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV 250

Molto Verboso
@muriel avatar
BV 250
UTC quote
As an academic, I wonder if you've considered seeing if Stanford, SJSU, Berkeley, SF State, or UC Santa Cruz are interested in putting a complete set of the magazine in their archives. Just send off an email to the appropriate special collections/archivist at the respective academic libraries and see. You know, UC Santa Cruz houses the Grateful Dead archives, right?

I would also suggest public libraries. SJSU and its local public library have merged, so the chance of them accepting one complete set might be higher.

Edit:
Oh, if you do pursue this route, consider telling them you have other club materials too, like pins, newsletters, etc.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Thanks for the suggestion muriel, Being an alum at SJSU that would be kind of neat. if only the academic world cared about scooters as much as we do
@muriel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV 250

Molto Verboso
@muriel avatar
BV 250
UTC quote
Josh@Scoot! wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion muriel, Being an alum at SJSU that would be kind of neat. if only the academic world cared about scooters as much as we do
You never know! Look at the Grateful Dead archives at UC Santa Cruz! Good luck!
@cheetohh avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@cheetohh avatar
UTC quote
Damn I've been meaning to get some back issues but keeep procrstinating.
Don't know if I'll get the 50 issues but may get a few. End of the month you say?
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Yep, end of the month.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Just a heads up. There are less than 100 shopping days left till christmas and only 9 days left to purchase back issues.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
in addition to having this sale we have many or our reference mags up for sale on ebay like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370654605405&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Its pretty interesting and great for collectors.

We will be posting more lots this weekend.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Lots of magazines on ebay from our collection. check them out. Our sale got extended to accomidate our european friends. Sale ends the 15th so there is still time
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0322s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0094s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]