OP
UTC

LX 150 ie

LX 150 ie
UTC quote
Just wondering if I would be allowed to ride my Vespa LX 150 ie for a license road test at the Massachusetts DMV... does anyone have experience with that? thanks
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
Yes, it is fine. It's a motorcycle class vehicle.
@silversmuge avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS300, BMW C650

Hooked
@silversmuge avatar
Vespa GTS300, BMW C650
UTC quote
Took my test on my Fly 150 in Lowell at the DMV. Made it real easy. Of course it rained cats and dogs that day and it was my longest ride at that time just to get to the DMV. No problem. The officer was very nice too.
OP
UTC

LX 150 ie

LX 150 ie
UTC quote
Silversmuge wrote:
Took my test on my Fly 150 in Lowell at the DMV. Made it real easy. Of course it rained cats and dogs that day and it was my longest ride at that time just to get to the DMV. No problem. The officer was very nice too.
that's great. what did you have to do for the test? did you take a safety class beforehand or was it all on your own?
@silversmuge avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS300, BMW C650

Hooked
@silversmuge avatar
Vespa GTS300, BMW C650
UTC quote
I had the Fly 150 for about 5 months at the point I took the road test. I had read Proficient Motorcycling and practiced my circles and figure eights. I had put about 500 miles on by then. Most of my travel was back and forth to work and around town. The Registry officer checked my scooter for brake lights, turn signals and made sure all the safety equipment worked. I showed my hand signals and then drove a block to an empty parking lot. I used my signals pulling in and then did several circles in both directions and the same for figure eights in both directions. No use of the feet of course. He had me pull out of the lot and back in and demonstrate my hand signals again while riding. That was it. I passed. My plan was to give it a go on my own and if I had any issues to take the MSF course. I sent both my wife and daughter to the MSF course to get there endorsements.
@duc-duc-guzzi avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS300 Super, 1965 Ducati 250, 1979 Ducati Darmah SSD, 1985 MotoGuzzi Lemans, and a 1966 Honda S90 Giro Weapon

Hooked
@duc-duc-guzzi avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super, 1965 Ducati 250, 1979 Ducati Darmah SSD, 1985 MotoGuzzi Lemans, and a 1966 Honda S90 Giro Weapon
UTC quote
do not refer to your vespa as a scooter, defend your self by pointing out it has a MC plate and not a LU plate and that you scooter is as many cc as the traing class bikes

the local DMV wanted to restrict a license on a 300 gts as if it was a 50cc LU bike
@silversmuge avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS300, BMW C650

Hooked
@silversmuge avatar
Vespa GTS300, BMW C650
UTC quote
"Scooter" should never be a dirty word. I call mine a "bike" but never a moped. I know the Mass. Registry doesn't really recognize what a scooter is. For better or worse we scooter riders seem to be a rare breed.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0264s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0038s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]