UTC

Hooked
GTV 300 2012 Espresso

Hooked
@peterpq3 avatar
GTV 300 2012 Espresso
UTC quote
Hi,

Please take the time to vote on the service you receive from Piaggio in North America. I know that people near Scooter West would have no complaints, but in that case please vote in a positive way. The more votes, the more accurate the poll. Your opinion Counts!

http://vespaadventures.ca/2012/08/31/piaggiovespa-service-and-delivery-needs-help/
@muriel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV 250

Molto Verboso
@muriel avatar
BV 250
UTC quote
Oh, Piaggio definitely needs to shape up their service and parts availability in the US -- no doubt. Took almost 3 weeks to get a fuel pump replaced. And, it's been over 6 or 8 months (and counting) to get a trip odometer. What kind of crap service is that?
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
FWIW, my fuel pump was replaced the first working day after it crapped out on me half way between Houston & Austin. Had it towed to AF1 on Friday night. Put the keys though their after hours slot. Called them on Tuesday (motorcycle-scooter shops in Texas are rarely open on Mondays) and they said it was on the schedule. Thursday morning I got a call that said to pick it up anytime, no charge fuel pump was replaced under warranty and they did a few other adjustments while they were there.

The BV had the speedometer go out on my way between Houston and Breckenridge with it. Okay, that part took a bit of time to arrive since it was almost the first of August when I was able to get it to a dealer in Denver. So it took 5 weeks to get in since everything in Italy closes down in August. Sounds like your dealership needs to shape up. The speedometer was the only thing that took me more than a few days. I did stop by the Houston dealership a couple days ago to order a replacement for my seat latch. Chris said he was placing an order in a couple days unless I needed it sooner it would be in next week. Given that the latch has been broken for a year I didn't see any reason to ask for a special order on it. I hear horror stories about Piaggio parts but I've never really experienced anything I considered particularly horrible from any of the 4 dealers I've used over the years. Granted it would have been nice if the speedometer hadn't taken 5 weeks but part of that was my fault for not taking it in as soon as it happened so the part could have been shipped before the August break but it wasn't a show stopper, I just used my GPS for a speedo or judged my speed by vehicles around me. I remember from when I went to school in France nothing happens in August in a hurry, sigh.
@muriel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV 250

Molto Verboso
@muriel avatar
BV 250
UTC quote
Cdwise, your experiences along with many other people's negative experiences show that Piaggio's service is uneven and thus could seriously use more work. You had great experiences, but many other including me had bad ones. I don't think it's my dealer. They get rave reviews from my MSF instructor. Hopefully you'd be open to the possibility that it's not the dealer. It could, however, be the regional rep. You're in Texas. I'm in NC/VA.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
muriel wrote:
Cdwise, your experiences along with many other people's negative experiences show that Piaggio's service is uneven and thus could seriously use more work. You had great experiences, but many other including me had bad ones. I don't think it's my dealer. They get rave reviews from my MSF instructor. Hopefully you'd be open to the possibility that it's not the dealer. It could, however, be the regional rep. You're in Texas. I'm in NC/VA.
it could be lots of things but my experience is with dealers in Texas, Colorado and the one in Lake Geneva, WI during Amerivespa. So it isn't just Texas. Folks in California gave also reported similar service and parts availability. Whether it is dealership or factory rep who can say plus even within the same dealership all brands or even models are not always treated equally as some of the Honda and Suzuki scooter rides can testify. I know that one Honda dealer here treats scooter riders as second class customers not keeping much in stock and even what they have is often not on display according to one person looking for a new Silverwing. The only two in the city are in a warehouse and they weren't interested in bringing either to the showroom so he could see if he wanted to buy one. I've noticed few bigger than 59cc when I've gone in most Honda dealerships.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0272s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0029s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]