OP
@coaster avatar
UTC

Hooked
'12 GTV 300 ie Touring, 2009 Yamaha Vino 125 (now owned by my son); 2009 Buddy 125--wife's scooter that we'll both ride

Hooked
@coaster avatar
'12 GTV 300 ie Touring, 2009 Yamaha Vino 125 (now owned by my son); 2009 Buddy 125--wife's scooter that we'll both ride
UTC quote
My family and I just returned from a vacation in London, Venice, Bellagio, Florence and Rome. The primary purpose of our trip was to visit our daughter, who is going to school for a semester in Florence.

Although this was not a scooter oriented vacation, I enjoyed seeing all of the scooters. There were plenty of Vespas but in Florence, bigger wheeled scoots are the most popular, probably due to the less than perfect road surfaces.

My son and I did manage to rent scooters in Florence. They were Honda SH 125's, which were surprisingly quick for 125's. My son's girlfriend rode on the back of his scoot. They do that in L.A. so were kind of prepared for Florence.

Riding in Florence is a blast! It seems almost anything goes. There is hardly ever a reason to be behind a car. Pass on the left, pass on the right--just be careful, be mindful of other scooters and go fast. It was nothing like my normal routine in California--it reminded me of a video game.

My son also rented a scooter in Rome. He and his girl had a lot of fun there, too. I rented a bicycle and had my own wild ride, mixing it up with cars and scooters. Rome is not bicycle friendly, except on the river bike path. However, I saw more of the city in one day than most tourists ever do, and had a great time.

Photos to follow.
@renoir avatar
UTC

Hooked
LX 125 3v

Hooked
@renoir avatar
LX 125 3v
UTC quote
Brilliant. I'm glad you had a good time. Italy is SO on my list of stuff to do.
@raiderfn31 avatar
UTC

Banned
PGO Buddy 150 "St Tropez" imported by Genuine scooter co.

Banned
@raiderfn31 avatar
PGO Buddy 150 "St Tropez" imported by Genuine scooter co.
UTC quote
Sounds sweet. Look forward to the pics.
@strick avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 Ducati Multistrada 950S

Ossessionato
@strick avatar
UTC quote
Excellent! All the counties you visited are on the bucket list and I look forward to your pictures! We are heading to England next year, so I can scratch that one of the list.
@lothar avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GT 200L

Addicted
@lothar avatar
Vespa GT 200L
UTC quote
Cool.....................want to see the photos, post lots
OP
@coaster avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@coaster avatar
UTC quote
The pics:
A slightly beat up Vespa near Hyde Park in London.
A slightly beat up Vespa near Hyde Park in London.
Piaggio moped in Bellagio, Italy. (I want one!)
Piaggio moped in Bellagio, Italy. (I want one!)
Seen in Bellagio
Seen in Bellagio
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
@wmak avatar
UTC

Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon

Moto Giro Titan
@wmak avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
UTC quote
You're right, Coaster, there's nothing like riding a scooter in Florence.
OP
@coaster avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@coaster avatar
UTC quote
More pics
Some others:
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
OP
@coaster avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@coaster avatar
UTC quote
More pics
For those who'd like to see more:

I have several others to share but am kind of jet lagged. Will post more later.
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
Florence
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)
UTC quote
Oh dear, more reasons to be jealous. Today was hibernation day for my Vespa. This makes it all that much more difficult to bear. THANKS A LOT COASTER.

[nice pics... thank you! 8)]
@strick avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@strick avatar
UTC quote
Great pictures!! Lotsa scoots!

Paris was like that, lots of scoots with tall windscreens.

It does crack me up that you are in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and we want to see scooter pics! Laughing emoticon
OP
@coaster avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@coaster avatar
UTC quote
Strick wrote:
Great pictures!! Lotsa scoots!

Paris was like that, lots of scoots with tall windscreens.

It does crack me up that you are in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and we want to see scooter pics! Laughing emoticon
Thanks! I did take lots photos of other things but this is a scooter forum....

Dan
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Thanks for the pics.....zipping around Florence on my Vespa will make a great winter fantasy. I was in Florence in the '70's and some day plan on returning. One of my favorite memories there is watching someone on a cycle pull a wheelie and ride it the entire block. In traffic. Smack in front of the Duomo. I love Italians Wha? emoticon
@spartan1984 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Ducati Supersport S, 2014 Kawasaki Concours

Molto Verboso
@spartan1984 avatar
2017 Ducati Supersport S, 2014 Kawasaki Concours
UTC quote
Re: European Vacation
Coaster wrote:
My family and I just returned from a vacation in London, Venice, Bellagio, Florence and Rome. The primary purpose of our trip was to visit our daughter, who is going to school for a semester in Florence.

Although this was not a scooter oriented vacation, I enjoyed seeing all of the scooters. There were plenty of Vespas but in Florence, bigger wheeled scoots are the most popular, probably due to the less than perfect road surfaces.

My son and I did manage to rent scooters in Florence. They were Honda SH 125's, which were surprisingly quick for 125's. My son's girlfriend rode on the back of his scoot. They do that in L.A. so were kind of prepared for Florence.

Riding in Florence is a blast! It seems almost anything goes. There is hardly ever a reason to be behind a car. Pass on the left, pass on the right--just be careful, be mindful of other scooters and go fast. It was nothing like my normal routine in California--it reminded me of a video game.

My son also rented a scooter in Rome. He and his girl had a lot of fun there, too. I rented a bicycle and had my own wild ride, mixing it up with cars and scooters. Rome is not bicycle friendly, except on the river bike path. However, I saw more of the city in one day than most tourists ever do, and had a great time.

Photos to follow.
Dan,

Sounds like you had a great time in Europe...great pictures and welcome back.

Barry
OP
@coaster avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@coaster avatar
UTC quote
Re: European Vacation
spartan1984 wrote:
Dan,

Sounds like you had a great time in Europe...great pictures and welcome back.

Barry
Thank you, Barry. We did have a great time and I think my son and his girlfriend especially loved riding the scooters in Florence and Rome. Here they are in Florence.

Dan
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0267s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0036s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]