OP
UTC

LML NV spl

LML NV spl
UTC quote
I picked up an Indian Vespa this summer, and have enjoyed tooling around town with it. I`m planing a 2000 mile or so round trip in th spring.
My question: This scoot has got the plastic frame foam rubber seat. Are the PX seats with springs more comfortable, or would I just be wasting my money?
I`m a retired guy that weighs 170 pounds, and if the seat with springs is easier on my tail bone, I would consider it money well spent.
@rob98801 avatar
UTC

Addicted
85 Vepsa PX150E with sidecar, 80 P200 with sidecar, 96 Goldwing with Hannigan Sidecar, LR87aj5, LR91aj3

Addicted
@rob98801 avatar
85 Vepsa PX150E with sidecar, 80 P200 with sidecar, 96 Goldwing with Hannigan Sidecar, LR87aj5, LR91aj3
UTC quote
I put 4000 miles on my px seat and 68 yo butt this spring, my backside gave out b4 the seat everyday. (rode side saddle for about a hour and a half one day out in WY).

I found no reason to change the px seat out.
@jamesjohn avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1970 Vespa Rally 180

Ossessionato
@jamesjohn avatar
1970 Vespa Rally 180
UTC quote
the Air Hawk seat cushion I got made a world of difference. amazing really. my Rally seat is pretty good so I only use it if im gonna be riding for 2 hours or more. you can buy them from the factory as well.
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
The spring frame P seat is about as good as it gets for the haul. I had a plastic pan/foam and went back to the original.

My lammy is also a spring frame. New Indian repop.

So frikkin comfy, with my bike being such a slow poke I almost wanna fall a sleep back there.

I vote spring original design all the way.
@trojanmod avatar
UTC

Hooked
P, VNB, VMA, VSE, P/Sprint Chopper

Hooked
@trojanmod avatar
P, VNB, VMA, VSE, P/Sprint Chopper
UTC quote
or this...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
I also want to add that 2000 miles on anything is gonna bring on some new feelings.

So good luck and I'm holding to my seat in anticipation of hearing about the ride(pun totally intended).
OP
UTC

LML NV spl

LML NV spl
UTC quote
I`ve been all over the country on a FLH many times, and spent more miles in the saddle than my spring trip will tally, but never on a scooter. I don`t plan on going much over 350 miles a day. The old spine isn`t what it used to be, and with arthritis from my saddle to my sombrero, I know better to push it.
After all, it`s supposed to be fun, not work! 8)
@rob98801 avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@rob98801 avatar
UTC quote
I ran an average of 225 mile days, with the norm being 200 and the max at around 285 on my trip and 200 was about right to enjoy the ride, food, seeing the view and meeting people.

Just me.
OP
UTC

LML NV spl

LML NV spl
UTC quote
Your mileage might be closer to what I wind up doing. Time and my back/arse will tell.
That`s the nice thing about being retired. I can take as long as I want and go as far as I want. All those years of hard work did pay off.
@jtblam avatar
UTC

Hooked
1981 P200e; 2006 GT 200; 2017 KTM Duke 390

Hooked
@jtblam avatar
1981 P200e; 2006 GT 200; 2017 KTM Duke 390
UTC quote
Re: A comfort question
OneBulletDan wrote:
Are the PX seats with springs more comfortable, or would I just be wasting my money?
I find the PX seat much more comfortable. I broke the hinge on my steel frame and spring P seat and ended up replacing it with a plastic/foam PX seat. A semi-regular ride I take that is around 100 km round trip used to leave me with numb and stiff legs from the P seat's various pressure points. The first time I took the trip with the PX seat I only realized afterwards that I hadn't thought about (or felt) the seat once.
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
How about a Corsa small frame seat (comes with the hardware to fit a P)
I have one on my P and it's the most comfy seat I.. I have owned.. and the hump in the back is perfect for a guy of 5'10" (and a 1/2 ) to scooch his rear end into.. I love it. JUST A THOUGHT!
ScooterWorks has the package if you're interested.
Peeeeeeeeeeece!
@jackson85 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred

Ossessionato
@jackson85 avatar
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
UTC quote
I like the steel frame spring seat. most comfortable seat iv had all in all is an old steel frame Yankee seat.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0361s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0107s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]