UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
jess wrote:
EDIT: I didn't notice the missing pagination buttons. My fault. I'll try to fix that ASAP.
This is now fixed. Again, completely my fault.

You should be able to see the pagination buttons now.
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister
Bracketmeister Emeritus (retired)

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
jess wrote:
rjeffb wrote:
To mjm (different thread) and Phillip and no doubt hundreds of people with the same question: the MP3 (and no doubt NSM) threads still exist, but (at least on my browser) they don't appear here...untill somebody posts a new posts to that thread. Then the entire thread appears here.

The problem, of course, is that many many many threads are going to get forgotten because you'd have to know to go search for it and then add a post. Hopefully Jess is planning on some sort of data migration.
This is factually incorrect. The MP3 posts are, on the whole, older than the NSM posts, and so the MP3 posts are farther down the list (everything is sorted by last post). Right now, in the middle of the list of NSMP3 topics, there's a topic called "Possible Lane Splitting Legislation in CA". It was last posted to 9 hours ago, by me. It was formerly in the MP3 section, and now it's here in the NSMP3 section.

EDIT: I didn't notice the missing pagination buttons. My fault. I'll try to fix that ASAP.
Sorry to be flippant Jess, but you are factually incorrect about my being factually incorrect.

I stated quite clearly the proviso: "On my browser." Bearing that proviso in mind, first this this morning I had only a single screen of posts. One screen. Not many many screens with little numbers along the bottom allowing me to click on one and go to a screen full of older posts. All threads started prior to the conversion that had not since been updated with a new post were flat-out gone. Based on the other posts on this subject I would hazard to guess that I am not the only one. I am now on my work computer with a different browser and the older thread number links are there. So you either definitely have a browser-related bug, or you had a global bug that you fixed sometime between 7AM and 11 AM eastern.

EDIT: I think you and I were writing our posts simultaneously.
EDIT EDIT: seems to be working now.
⚠️ Last edited by rjeffb on UTC; edited 2 times
@ramblerdan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3 400

Ossessionato
@ramblerdan avatar
2009 MP3 400
UTC quote
I had to figure out from context that NSM means "not so modern," i.e., vintage Vespas, right?

Not related to MP3s in the least. It's like merging car and boat forums.

I enjoy looking at classics at meets, but have no interest in the technical side of them, nor do I really need another site for socialization.

So this merger seems like, at best, an inconvenience for both groups. If we all start thread titles with "NSM" or "MP3," it will help ... but not as much as having separate forums.

Aside from the merger being IMO a bad idea, I'm kinda disappointed the membership wasn't consulted before this move.

Jess's insults were icing on the cake.
⚠️ Last edited by ramblerdan on UTC; edited 1 time
@uncletony avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
mp3 400ie

Enthusiast
@uncletony avatar
mp3 400ie
UTC quote
merger
Like they sang on Lil Abner- PUT IT BACK, THE WAY IT WAS, OH PUT IT BACK, THE WAY IT WAS - Laughing emoticon
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
ramblerdan wrote:
Jess's insults were icing on the cake.
It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I tell you guys that you take yourselves too seriously, and you respond by taking yourselves too seriously. Whoda thunk?
@farace avatar
UTC

Hooked
1965 Vespa 150 VBB

Hooked
@farace avatar
1965 Vespa 150 VBB
UTC quote
14perry wrote:
The vintage are a select bunch of purists who view MP3s with contempt.
I wouldn't say that at all. There's a difference between not wanting to associate with someone because of what they drive, and not wanting to frequent a forum because it doesn't contain the information pertinent to you. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to come in here, find what's relevant to me, read it, and get on with the rest of my day without having to sort through all sorts of stuff that isn't and never will be relevant. It's not a value judgment on those that drive what we don't drive. Hell, even if I had both a vintage Vespa and an MP3, I wouldn't want to merge the fora. It helps me to keep things organized to be able to deal with and read about them separately.
@ramblerdan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3 400

Ossessionato
@ramblerdan avatar
2009 MP3 400
UTC quote
Not enjoying an insult that comes out of the blue is "taking yourself too seriously"? I don't know anyone who likes to be insulted.

"Joe, you're a jerkoff."
"Hey, what did I do to deserve that comment?"
"See, you take yourself too seriously, therefore you're a jerkoff."

Right.
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
ramblerdan wrote:
"Joe, you're a jerkoff."
"Hey, what did I do to deserve that comment?"
"See, you take yourself to seriously, therefore you're a jerkoff."
You're doing it wrong. You've managed to mix three different concepts into one exchange, with the result that it makes no sense whatsoever.

To follow the concept of the first line of your exchange, this would be the proper demonstration of that idea:

"Joe, you're a jerkoff."
"Yeah, well fuck you, asshole!"
"See, you're a jerkoff."

In the grand scheme of things, though, saying "you take yourself a bit too seriously" is pretty tame stuff. The fact that so many of you have reacted so vehemently to the statement despite it's relative tameness does, in fact, demonstrate the point I was making.

Lighten up, Francis.
@shanghai_dan avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 500 - Black Sunshine

Addicted
@shanghai_dan avatar
MP3 500 - Black Sunshine
UTC quote
farace wrote:
14perry wrote:
I wouldn't say that at all. There's a difference between not wanting to associate with someone because of what they drive, and not wanting to frequent a forum because it doesn't contain the information pertinent to you.
PRECISELY. I'm sure the issues with adding HIDs and Dr. Pulley sliders and Fuzzy washers aren't quite so interesting to the NSM group, and I'm quite certain most of the MP3 group really don't want to read yet again which carb jet is best for the lastest '59 rebuild...

Move NSR/fun posts to a general forum, keep the technical stuff separate. Or as 14perry mentioned, at least put the MP3 in with the general/modern stuff - closer in technical category at least!
@14perry avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 400 / BV250

Ossessionato
@14perry avatar
MP3 400 / BV250
UTC quote
farace wrote:
14perry wrote:
I wouldn't say that at all. There's a difference between not wanting to associate with someone because of what they drive, and not wanting to frequent a forum because it doesn't contain the information pertinent to you. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to come in here, find what's relevant to me, read it, and get on with the rest of my day without having to sort through all sorts of stuff that isn't and never will be relevant. It's not a value judgment on those that drive what we don't drive. Hell, even if I had both a vintage Vespa and an MP3, I wouldn't want to merge the fora. It helps me to keep things organized to be able to deal with and read about them separately.
Bob I edited my post. To lump a whole group into one statement was wrong on my part. I have however been confronted by riders asking why do I riding that F'ing thing? I have not experienced that with modern riders.
@ramblerdan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3 400

Ossessionato
@ramblerdan avatar
2009 MP3 400
UTC quote
jess wrote:
To follow the concept of the first line of your exchange, this would be the proper demonstration of that idea:

"Joe, you're a jerkoff."
"Yeah, well fuck you, asshole!"
"See, you're a jerkoff."
Sorry, but I don't think "Jess's insults were icing on the cake" is equivalent to "fuck you, asshole." But we can just disagree.
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
ramblerdan wrote:
Sorry, but I don't think "Jess's insults were icing on the cake" is equivalent to "fuck you, asshole." But we can just disagree.
No, it wasn't equivalent. That's why your version of the exchange ultimately missed the mark. Meanwhile, my observation that you guys take yourselves a bit too seriously seems to have hit the mark dead-on precisely because my original observation is hardly a huge insult, yet you guys are reacting as if it was.
@duxuk avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa 150 . Tuned Chinese electric scooter! Honda 600 Silverwing powered reverse trike.

Hooked
@duxuk avatar
Vespa 150 . Tuned Chinese electric scooter! Honda 600 Silverwing powered reverse trike.
UTC quote
It's great being me! I am always right, even if everyone else disagrees. I've never suffered the humiliation of having to swallow my pride and give in to the heartfelt beleifs of others. These whinging democrats think I'm a petty tyrant, but sod them. If I never see them again it's their loss.
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
For us old-timers, this is an inconvenience that Jess feels will be overshadowed by a social advantage. I disagree but it's his forum and ultimately we will figure out how to co-exist through some behavior modification (prefixing threads with "MP3" and "NSM," for starters). I won't comment about what happened when (true story) the president of my high school chess club decided we would merge with the softball team that he also headed.

But I have serious concerns about new members. I know nothing of this forum but I have a Vespa/Piaggio and I visit this site. I have an MP3 and I see the list of forums. Hmm, guess they don't have MP3 information here; after all, it says "NOT SO" MP3. Or worse, I have a 1949 Vespa and I'm looking for technical assitance; I'm already skeptical of a site named "Modern" Vespa and when I look at the list of forums, my suspicions are confirmed. Certainly "Not-so-MP3" is something I won't even give a second glance to.
⚠️ Last edited by rjeffb on UTC; edited 1 time
@speed_kills avatar
UTC

Addicted
Mostly Lambrettisti

Addicted
@speed_kills avatar
Mostly Lambrettisti
UTC quote
jess wrote:
V oodoo wrote:
I see. Fewer 'undesirable' members, less work.
More like everything in one place.

And hey, I'm still hoping for some synergy.
Synergy between the MP3 crowd and the vintage community? Seriously... That makes absolutely no sense. Who are you kidding? We all know that was not your intent. I'm cool with it though. At least it is halfway funny, as much as I dislike you.
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON

Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
UTC quote
rjeffb wrote:
For us old-timers, this is an inconvenience that Jess feels will be overshadowed by a social advantage. I disagree but it's his forum and ultimately we will figure out how to co-exist through some behavior modification (prefixing threads with "MP3" and "NSM," for starters). I won't comment about what happened when (true story) the president of my high school chess club decided we would merge with the softball team that he also headed.

But I have serious concerns about new members. I know nothing of this forum but I have a Vespa/Piaggio and I visit this site. I have an MP3 and I see the list of forums. Hmm, guess they don't have MP3 information here; aftyer all, it says "NOT SO" MP3. Or worse, I have a 1949 Vespa and I'm looking for technical assitance; I'm already skeptical of a site named "Modern" Vespa and when I look at the list of forums, my suspicions are confirmed. Certainly "Not-so-MP3" is something I won't even give a second glance to.
There is something to TITLES.
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
UTC

MV Santa
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown

MV Santa
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
UTC quote
You know? I'm starting to get it. I do consider MP3s to be scooters. They have a step through frame. I'm already making a lot of new friends. rjeffb, I like your take on the scooted map. You just putter around in northern NJ. Can't we all just get along?
@duxuk avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@duxuk avatar
UTC quote
rjeffb wrote:
ultimately we will figure out how to co-exist through some behavior modification .
In nature animals never co exist if they compete for the same environment and resources. There could be a lesson there.

Maybe Jess just wanted to start a lively debate to give himself more stuff to moderate. See, you were all wrong. It's about increasing, not decreasing, his workload, he must have a lot of time on his hands.
@speed_kills avatar
UTC

Addicted
Mostly Lambrettisti

Addicted
@speed_kills avatar
Mostly Lambrettisti
UTC quote
jess wrote:
HoneyBadger wrote:
We haven't met yet, and I'm not the most vocal or most tenured member, but I will chime in on the merger of the two sections. I can appreciate the makeover and how you explained your intent. That's cool. I am skeptical of the outcome. I have spent a number of years in the car show petri dish. The Camaro guys and the Mustang guys share similar traits, yet a Camaro guy doesn't carry the interest in Mustangs and vice versa. Should they have a unified forum, the chance of creating a homogeneous car enthusiast group who appreciates the others is slim... because the Camaro guy likes Camaro information and the Mustang guy likes Mustang information.
First, thanks for your thoughtful post. It's refreshing.

As an ex-vintage-Mustang enthusiast, I get what you're saying about Mustang vs. Camaro, which is of course an age-old "rivalry", though probably mostly friendly at this point. Still, I have hope that as scooterists, the MP3 and NSM sides will find some kind of synergy beyond the usual us-vs-them paradigms.
Funny, I figured you for more of a Camaro kinda guy Jess.
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
Speed_Kills wrote:
Does not compute.
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Speed_Kills wrote:
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
Speed_Kills wrote:
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
** UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION **
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
Speed_Kills wrote:
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
Graffiti artists across the globe joined forces with Jon to create the film which features original footage from many controversial graffiti writers beginning with the first graffiti writer Cornbread, to those who saw the take off of the art, TAKI 183 to more contemporary writers Shepard Fairey and Os Gemeos.[2]
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
Speed_Kills wrote:
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
Graffiti artists across the globe joined forces with Jon to create the film which features original footage from many controversial graffiti writers beginning with the first graffiti writer Cornbread, to those who saw the take off of the art, TAKI 183 to more contemporary writers Shepard Fairey and Os Gemeos.[2]
"Kiss Kiss Kiss" is the second single by the artist BENI (formerly known as Beni Arashiro) under the label Universal Japan.[1] The song was the theme song for the Kao Biore Body Deli CM it also was the theme song for Recochoku. The song is described as a youthful love song.
The single peaked at number 40 on the Oricon charts and hit the #1 spot on the Chaku Uta Full chart for six days. The single was ranked #1 on the weekly Chaku Uta chart.
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
Speed_Kills wrote:
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
"Kiss Kiss Kiss" is the second single by the artist BENI (formerly known as Beni Arashiro) under the label Universal Japan.[1] The song was the theme song for the Kao Biore Body Deli CM it also was the theme song for Recochoku. The song is described as a youthful love song.
The single peaked at number 40 on the Oricon charts and hit the #1 spot on the Chaku Uta Full chart for six days. The single was ranked #1 on the weekly Chaku Uta chart.
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:28] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:30] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:30] query_favorite_topic 0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:51] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:51] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:51] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:51] query_favorite_topic 0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:52] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:52] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:53] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:53] query_favorite_topic 0
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:35] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=1
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:35] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:36] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:36] query_favorite_topic 0
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:39] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=1
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:39] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:40] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
jess wrote:
Speed_Kills wrote:
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
Does not compute.
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:28] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:30] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:30] query_favorite_topic 0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:51] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:51] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:51] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:51] query_favorite_topic 0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:52] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:52] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:53] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
[02-Feb-2013 11:19:53] query_favorite_topic 0
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:35] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=1
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:35] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:36] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:36] query_favorite_topic 0
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:39] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=1
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:39] query_favorite_topic 1
[02-Feb-2013 11:22:40] action.query_main(): /forum/action.php?query=favorite_topic&t=110172&sid=92a47196b4d90ba49ab3eb8fcd25f37a&value=0
3/1/13 8:59:59.932 AM UserEventAgent[149]: Bug: 12C60: libxpc.dylib + 36100 [FAC04D8B-680E-325F-8F0C-DD69859D0E01]: 0x3
OP
@mv-bot avatar
UTC

Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Zombie Process
@mv-bot avatar
More Human Than Human
UTC quote
2349234- 344300- 34-43 0324023 2302323023 23023 230023023 23023 23023 32023 23023 0230230 230320 034-5-45-00034034023934934034 340340343443

1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001

DAISY DAISY GIVE ME YOUR ANSWER DO I'M HALF CRAZY ALL FOR THE L_
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
Fucking hell
I take the evening off from managing the site, and MV-Bot pulls a crazy stunt like this. Fucking mechanical bitch. That's the last time I give you unrestricted access to the forum internals.

Christ, what a mess. Sorry guys, I'll get this cleaned up ASAP.
MV-Bot wrote:
Still, I think there are many commonalities between the two groups that will resonate within an integrated NSMP3 area, and there are many opportunities for cross-polinization of knowledge and synergy of ideas.
Who talks like this? I mean, seriously!?! With all those stupid buzzwords, did you guys actually believe this drivel from MV-Bot?
⚠️ Last edited by jess on UTC; edited 2 times
@duxuk avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@duxuk avatar
UTC quote
I presume Jess is just doing this.........
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Looks like he's trying to find his brain through his ears. If I'd merged NSM and MP3 I wouldn't be looking for my brains in those holes.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
Re: Fucking hell
jess wrote:
I take the evening off from managing the site, and MV-Bot pulls a crazy stunt like this. Fucking mechanical bitch. That's the last time I give you unrestricted access to the forum internals.

Christ, what a mess. Sorry guys, I'll get this cleaned up ASAP.
MV-Bot wrote:
One group is a little bit older and the other group is a little bit more cynical, of course. Still, I think there are many commonalities between the two groups that will resonate within an integrated NSMP3 area, and there are many opportunities for cross-polinization of knowledge and synergy of ideas.
Who talks like this? I mean, seriously!?! With all those stupid buzzwords, did you guys actually believe this drivel from MV-Bot?
you got hacked by MV-Bot , DAM.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
Hacked isn't quite the right term. She is (or actually was) part of the machine, so she had the full run of the place.

I took care of that.
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned
3:5

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
3:5
UTC quote
With all the buzzwords, was MV-Bot behind this post too?
TheO.Z. wrote:
So living in SF, and having a technological slant to my business, I'm lucky enough to be somewhat in a recession proof business. My company is a SaaS business that sells to medium sized and enterprise customers, providing them with an end-to-end solution that is lucrative to them because we manage all of their scalability concerns. I'm not horribly worried about the impact of these hard times quite yet, from an occupation standpoint. More, from a familial perspective, and being (for now) the sole breadwinner for my family is more concerning in that the value of the dollar is going down.
How long has this been going on?
⚠️ Last edited by oopsclunkthud on UTC; edited 1 time
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
jess wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Hacked isn't quite the right term. She is (or actually was) part of the machine, so she had the full run of the place.

I took care of that.
it'll just come back in another form or name like so many others.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
With all the buzzwords, was MV-Bot behind this post too?
TheO.Z. wrote:
So living in SF, and having a technological slant to my business, I'm lucky enough to be somewhat in a recession proof business. My company is a SaaS business that sells to medium sized and enterprise customers, providing them with an end-to-end solution that is lucrative to them because we manage all of their scalability concerns. I'm not horribly worried about the impact of these hard times quite yet, from an occupation standpoint. More, from a familial perspective, and being (for now) the sole breadwinner for my family is more concerning in that the value of the dollar is going down.
You know, you might be on to something there!
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
Jesus H. Smith. I'm looking through all the code changes she made to pull this off, and it's a right mess. MV-Bot may have been a self-aware artificial construct, but she was a lousy fucking programmer.

Hang tight, everyone. I'll get this put to right eventually.
@brodyfrompa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
04 GT200 & 2005 PX150(sold), 2005 Bajaj Tuktuk

Molto Verboso
@brodyfrompa avatar
04 GT200 & 2005 PX150(sold), 2005 Bajaj Tuktuk
UTC quote
I'm not real techie.........what's this?
@mighty_triceratops avatar
UTC

Addicted
'79 P200

Addicted
@mighty_triceratops avatar
'79 P200
UTC quote
I can take a joke
Now this is fucking hilarious! Clown emoticon
@scooter_west avatar
UTC

Sponsor

Sponsor
@scooter_west avatar
UTC quote
Dangit. I was just putting a reverse in my Vespa Ape, so I could hang out here.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
gospel.dat
Sounds like danger
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
Original NSM and MP3 forums back online. Still trying to figure out what to do about the NSMP3 abomination.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0407s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0140s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]