@paperino avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 250 "Audrey"

Ossessionato
@paperino avatar
GTS 250 "Audrey"
UTC quote
Here's a little annoyance that I've not been able to figure out. Once upon a time, in an older OS, when I saved a Web page I got an icon. Now I have the icon and the associated folder of goodies. The trouble is that the associated folder is just clutter. As in the picture below, I circled the folder I created, the others go with the saved Web pages. Is there a way to hide them from view in a similar fashion to certain system/hidden folders that you don't need to see on a day to day basis? If I need to see the contents, I could always turn it back on, but otherwise too much clutter. Thanks for your input!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by Paperino on UTC; edited 1 time
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned
3:5

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
3:5
UTC quote
Not going to boot up my work PC to confirm this but...

When you save a website website you should be able to select if you want to save it as an archive, as source, complete...

You want to save it as an archive.

Note: I'm assuming you actually want to save all the info to your PC and don't want just a link to the page.
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
That folder should contain all the images from the page. If you don't want the folders, you can save without images (I think it calls it text only) or add a single combined file (I think the extension is .CHM or .MHT or something like that), but I'm not at a PC to check for sure.

Mark
@drweside avatar
UTC

Addicted
BV 350

Addicted
@drweside avatar
BV 350
UTC quote
Right-click on the folder and click on 'Properties'. There's an attribute section near the bottom of the Properties dialog window with a checkbox for 'Hidden'. Check that box and click 'OK'. The folder is now hidden, unless you have it set to show hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer.
OP
@paperino avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 250 "Audrey"

Ossessionato
@paperino avatar
GTS 250 "Audrey"
UTC quote
A big thanks to you all. Each answer is correct. I do typically save the whole page for use off-line. I've gotten in such a habit of saving in one way, that I've not paid attention to the options there in front of me. I looked for the solution elsewhere.

So now I will hide the file as DRW suggested, and keep in mind that if I don't want the pix, I'll save it as such, as Oops & Cub suggested.

I'm doing a little housekeeping on the laptop, and those extra folders just get in the way of making things tidy. I tried both ways and they worked fine.

Thanks again!
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
NOTE: If you save it as an .mht file, as Oops and Cubs suggested, you get the page including images.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0287s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0097s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]