OP
UTC

2013 Piaggio BV350

2013 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
I just got some P3 rear lights and am looking to install them. Shop manual states:

- Remove the rear central cover.
- Remove the saddle.
- Remove the lower side fairing
- Undo the three screws.

What is the best/easiest way to access the wires? I only need the rear brake light wires, as this is the basic model (no turn signal). I've opened the rubber grommets in the back, but this seems to be for changing bulbs only.

Any wisdom out there?

Thanks,

John
OP
UTC

2013 Piaggio BV350

2013 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Clarification: Extra LED lights for a BV350 mounted on rear license plate.
@masala avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@masala avatar
UTC quote
Are you just unsure of how to use the included PosiTap connectors, or are you looking for more specific information on which wires to tap into (and where)?
@davidcha avatar
UTC

Addicted
2011 GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@davidcha avatar
2011 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
I'm certain that the layout is different on your BV350; however I mounted the P3 lights on my GTS300 too. I pulled the brake light cover and tapped into the wires there, using the Positap connectors. These have been working great for 3+ years; no complaints.

Also, there's a little card that shows all the different light configurations - keep that in your glovebox so it's handy when you need it. I had occasion to use hazard lights and the P3 controller has that setting (based on squeezing the brake a specific number of times).
OP
UTC

2013 Piaggio BV350

2013 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Thanks guys. I'm looking for the best way to access the brake wires. Optimally, I can remove some panels behind the lights so I can identify the correct wires, then route wires down to license plate from there.

My original post above states what I need to remove to get to brake light assembly.

Any wisdom appreciated.

John
@rkcoker avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio BV350

Addicted
@rkcoker avatar
Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Re: Skene P3 Tail Lights on 2013 BV350
johnnyb88 wrote:
I just got some P3 rear lights and am looking to install them. Shop manual states:

- Remove the rear central cover.
- Remove the saddle.
- Remove the lower side fairing
- Undo the three screws.

What is the best/easiest way to access the wires? I only need the rear brake light wires, as this is the basic model (no turn signal). I've opened the rubber grommets in the back, but this seems to be for changing bulbs only.

Any wisdom out there?

Thanks,

John
I have turn/brake light LEDs I want to install and the panels to be removed seems excessive. Did you ever find an easier way to access the wires? Anybody?
OP
UTC

2013 Piaggio BV350

2013 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
I've let that project sit for a while to give me time to think it through more. I also don't want to go taking half the scooter apart just to get to the right wires.

i'm just about ready to try the suggestion above of attaching the P3 LED lights to the brake wires as they attach to the brake bulb assembly. We can see those by removing the rubber bungs in the compartment under the seat.

I think the wires can then fall down through the opening below to the license plate frame. If you look at it and have any more insight, please post to this thread. I'd just as soon get this right the first time.

John
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
UTC quote
I have no insight to offer, but do ask that you post up some pictures of your project and results please.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0120s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0043s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]