OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa Piaggio ET4 125cc

Lurker
Vespa Piaggio ET4 125cc
UTC quote
Hi all,

I'm sure there is a wealth of information about this on the site already but I am a very new scooter owner and don't yet understand terms like 'reprogram immobilizer' etc. so perhaps someone could help me with with laymen's terms?

My Vespa ET4 was sat out in the cold for about two weeks. When I went to start it up it was sounding tired and dead and wouldn't start, even after trying to kick start it. The turnover sound was very slow and instinct told me it was a battery issue so I bought a new battery for it, which has made the turnover sound much more lively and promising but I'm still not getting any start from it. Any ideas where I should take it from here? Petrol levels are fine. I think oil is fine, though I don't know how to check....

Thanks
@lx125man avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa LX 125

Molto Verboso
@lx125man avatar
Vespa LX 125
UTC quote
Have you checked your spark plug?

FYI oil dipstick is little black cap on kickstart lever side
@heyitsaaron avatar
UTC

Hooked
2002 Vespa ET4

Hooked
@heyitsaaron avatar
2002 Vespa ET4
UTC quote
Hey there, is your battery dead? I know that may sound odd but if you dont have a properly charged battery, that maybe your issue...good luck.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
heyitsaaron wrote:
Hey there, is your battery dead? I know that may sound odd but if you dont have a properly charged battery, that maybe your issue...good luck.
Read the OP - he then tried a new battery, still no-go.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0105s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0035s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]