@tidwillow avatar
UTC

Hooked
GILERA FUOCO II & GTS 300 SUPER

Hooked
@tidwillow avatar
UTC quote
Anybody watching the show "almost human"? I am a huge "Blade Runner" fan and this show is very reminiscent of that movie. But anyway those of you who do watch it did you see the side car scooter in mondays episode? I think it was an 80's model vespa, but it could have been a stella it went by so quick. Good to know there will still be scooters in the future! Also, the police forces use tricked out can am spiders for there bikes.....
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
My wife and I are watching it. I am also a huge Blade Runner fan.

Almost Human is derivative of Blade Runner , of any number of police procedural shows, of cop buddy shows, and other tropes I can't think of right now.

Mostly, it is reminding me of the Isaac Asimov robot novels about Elijah Baily (the world's most famous detective!) and his robot sidekick, R. Daneel Olivaw. (The "R" stands for robot).

The writing is too simplistic, there isn't much character development so far beyond the obvious, and potential deeper themes such as what it means to be human are not being explored very well.

And yet I am watching and enjoying it.

Simple mind, simple pleasures, I guess.
@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift

Ossessionato
@dr_zoidberg avatar
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift
UTC quote
It's a mix of Blade Runner, I robot, Dredd and Robocop and I love it. Just about to watch this weeks episode.
@syntagma avatar
UTC

Hooked
150 Super,Fly 150

Hooked
@syntagma avatar
150 Super,Fly 150
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
....and potential deeper themes such as what it means to be human are not being explored very well..
For that you'll need to revisit this show/movie...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@paddlenround avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa LX150ie, 1968 Vespa Sprint 150

Ossessionato
@paddlenround avatar
UTC quote
The casting is great. The show is well made. However, the plots have been pretty predictable so far. I would hope they would try to break new ground in the plot lines and take the idea a little further. Knowing Fox, it will be canceled before they get a chance to develop the characters.
@larrymk avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300

Molto Verboso
@larrymk avatar
Vespa Super 300
UTC quote
I enjoy it but it certainly is similar to Irobot from Issac Asimov, actually a take off

larry
@dchernikoff avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vintage Red 2007 GTS, 2022 Mazda Miata soft-top (4-wheel MC)!

Ossessionato
@dchernikoff avatar
Vintage Red 2007 GTS, 2022 Mazda Miata soft-top (4-wheel MC)!
UTC quote
Yes, I saw the sidecar zip by. Can't wait to live in the future!

-Dan
@sanogeo1 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500

Molto Verboso
@sanogeo1 avatar
Red Mp 3 500
UTC quote
If you want character development in Si Fi try reading some of John Ringo's books. Might start with Hymn before battle, the first of the Posleen series He is about the hottest of the new Si Fi Masters. Yes I am a Si Fi Geek, have been for over 60 years, Almost from the day I learned to read.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
UTC quote
I watched the third episode last night. It was so full of ridiculous plot points and bad dialog that we have decided to just give up on it.

I would like to be able to say "Nice try, Fox" but I can't.

What a waste of an interesting (if not terribly new) idea and some really good actors.
OP
@tidwillow avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@tidwillow avatar
UTC quote
Wow, the consensus seems to be the same. We all like the overall idea since it's giving homage to so many classic sci-fi movies and books, but it's definitely a swing and a miss. It seems that there have been so many good starting points for this but it looks as though this will just be another bad buddy cop scenario. I owe so wanted this to be better Crying or Very sad emoticon
@paddlenround avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@paddlenround avatar
UTC quote
TIDWILLOW wrote:
Wow, the consensus seems to be the same. We all like the overall idea since it's giving homage to so many classic sci-fi movies and books, but it's definitely a swing and a miss. It seems that there have been so many good starting points for this but it looks as though this will just be another bad buddy cop scenario. I owe so wanted this to be better Crying or Very sad emoticon
I completely agree. I will continue to enjoy the good performances and the excellent special effects until they cancel it because people start to turn away because really, we have all seen this before.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0180s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0092s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]