OP
UTC

Hooked
Gts super 300 '12

Hooked
Gts super 300 '12
UTC quote
Anyone seen any good deals on the airhawk seat pads? Best I found so far is $122 for the medium cruiser neoprene at Amazon. Thanks.
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax (SOLD)

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax (SOLD)
UTC quote
I've seen Airhawk2 Medium cruiser for $76USD. I know the bladder in the Airhawk2 is polyurethane, but does it really make that big a difference in comfort or longevity? I'm thinking of getting one as well and I'd like to know of any significant differences.

http://www.amazon.com/Airhawk-Medium-Cruiser-Pad-AH2MED/dp/B0041CG336/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386184205&sr=8-1&keywords=airhawk2
OP
UTC

Hooked
Gts super 300 '12

Hooked
Gts super 300 '12
UTC quote
Since the launch of AIRHAWK 2, we've been getting the question "What's the difference between AIRHAWK and AIRHAWK 2?" While the original AIRHAWK and AIRHAWK 2 are very similar, there are some differences. These differences are outlined in the chart on this page and are also described in greater detail below.

The major difference is the material used for the inner bladder. The original AIRHAWK is made from neoprene rubber, while the AIRHAWK 2 is made out of polyurethane. There is a distinguishable difference between the two materials; the polyurethane is much lighter, thinner, and does not stretch as much as the neoprene rubber. The neoprene AIRHAWK's stretchy material has a much more substantial and luxurious feel, especially at the end of a long day in the saddle.

The AIRAHWK 2 is designed for the riders who need some help on those occasional long rides. The performance is far superior to any gel/foam/synthetic sheepskin combo on the market. Pressure mapping and riding will instantly confirm this claim so if you're not wanting to invest in our original AIRHAWK, try the AIRHAWK 2 because it's still a supreme option compared to other products on the market. Check out the It Works! page for pressure mapping details.

AIRHAWK AIRHAWK 2 AIRHAWK R
MATERIALS Neoprene Polyurethane Neoprene
ADJUSTABILITY Yes Yes Yes
SIZES 5 models 3 models 1 model
WARRANTY 3-Year Ltd. 18-month Ltd. 3-Year Ltd.
60-DAY GUARANTEE Yes Yes Yes
REPAIRABLE Yes Yes Yes
MSRP Starts at $169.95 Starts at $91.95 $199.95

In conclusion, the neoprene is more durable and the polyvinyl is lighter hence the $$$ diff. I'm probably going to be getting the neoprene version so I won't have to worry about the material breaking down since I like to ride my Gts a lot in warmer weather conditions. YouTube has some good videos on this subject.
UTC

Hooked
2004 GT 200 - "Geppetto", 2006 GT 200 - "Vladimir III"

Hooked
2004 GT 200 - "Geppetto", 2006 GT 200 - "Vladimir III"
UTC quote
Try indysuperbikes.com, they had the best prices when I bought mine this summer.
OP
UTC

Hooked
Gts super 300 '12

Hooked
Gts super 300 '12
UTC quote
NVScoot'n wrote:
Try indysuperbikes.com, they had the best prices when I bought mine this summer.
Thanks.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0114s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0032s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]